Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the operator really in the ship or somewhere else?

(PSN)OWNINGBOT

Now an arising speculation of mine has grew upon the surroundings of the ship, sych as the market place, aresenal, foundry as well as the operator room. 

If i was to imagine it fitting into the ship we see in our loading screen and cinematic i would say "okay why is the ship small"

Now of course must of you might say because of the clipping size and probably you are right it might be that however wouldn't  it be interesting to think besides that?

Now leading further into the size of the ship and how it manages a surrounding that we are able to roam around i begin to think that the ship we extract to could be considered a housing space for the warframes and that the surroundings are just considered as a simulation to manipulate our consciousness to think we are actually roaming the ship.

Now this also leads into my theory how stalker manages to enter our ship hence Lotus saying "how?" or something similar. Since Hunhow manged to manipulate the stalkers mind ,hence showing the color on the pakal armour changing from blue to the red, then why couldnt it manipulate the operator. Now I say the operator because  it is manually controlling the warframe and that the operators mind is fully exposed for Hunhow to manipulate. 

Now most of you are might thinking, "if it is a simulation then how is the operator able to enter it" well i glad you asked.

Now i know its a little too far into this theory but i believe the operator is dead or somewhat contained somewhere else rather than the ship. 

Think of it, the operator has been embedded with the void powers therefore making them really strong. However you know who else has the void powers? Corrupted Vor.

When defeated he says " cannot be destroyed i am like energy" blah blah blah now correlate that with the operator. Explains how they can be at two places at once.

Pretty much what i am trying to say is that the operator is like corrupted vor where they cannot be destroyed since possessing void powers. 

I hope you like this fun theory of mine, however this is just MY THOUGHTS and not the actual game content. Feel free to comment on what you think or think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OWNINGBOT said:

Now an arising speculation of mine has grew upon the surroundings of the ship, sych as the market place, aresenal, foundry as well as the operator room. 

If i was to imagine it fitting into the ship we see in our loading screen and cinematic i would say "okay why is the ship small"

Because it doesn't all fit into the liset, once you go down that ramp in your main ship you're now in the Orbiter which is another, much larger ship, that your liset docks in

Edited by -Amaterasu-

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Because it doesn't all fit into the liset, once you go down that ramp in your main ship you're now in the Orbiter which is another, much larger ship, that your liset docks in

And I love how people are defending the point of no new ship interiors before the ramp. I would purchase most of the ships if they had the interiors completely different than what we have now.

Such a wasted opportunity...

2 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Actually the entire thing is the Orbiter. You're never actually in the ship, as the game stands right now anyway. Hope they bring ships interiors soooooon.

1 minute ago, Ognj said:

And I love how people are defending the point of no new ship interiors before the ramp. I would purchase most of the ships if they had the interiors completely different than what we have now.

Are you implying that I am? I'm always for more cosmetics I don't see any reason why they shoulden't make new ones if they have the time

The Liset, Mantis and Scimitar are all essentially 'Drop ships', designed mostly as a rapid insertion and extraction for Warframes in action.

These all come to rest with the Orbiter (interiors beside the point), which sort of serve as our personal headquarters or the like. Here is our stored weapons and Warframes, materials, resources and general 'stuff' that isn't being used on a specific mission. Furthermore, I suspect that it's likely that any Interplanetary movement via Solar Rail is done with the Orbiter as it in theory would have superior engine systems and range than something that, from what we can garner of the Liset, Mantis and Scimitar, are essentially short range things.

I guess best analogy is think of the Liset and the like as aircraft and the Orbiter is an aircraft carrier. Aircraft typically only have so much range before they're better off with staying docked whilst the carrier moves forward instead, least as I understand such structures.

4 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

Actually the entire thing is the Orbiter. You're never actually in the ship, as the game stands right now anyway. Hope they bring ships interiors soooooon.

Not all of it is the Orbiter. Everything above the ramp is the liset, which is bigger on the inside.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Not all of it is the Orbiter. Everything above the ramp is the liset, which is bigger on the inside.

Can't say it's the Liset considering we have now 4 different ships and they don't have the same structure to support Liset's interior design.

3 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Are you implying that I am? I'm always for more cosmetics I don't see any reason why they shoulden't make new ones if they have the time

No, It's just that whenever anyone posts about ship and interiors people are jumping on the conclusion that everything is orbiter compartment, even tho the front part before the ramp looks a lot like shape of liset, even the size.

Sure, its docked liset, but it would be nice if we could have docked Mantis, Xiphos and Scimitar.

23 minutes ago, SkarmXD said:

bkKCPlF.gif Just to illustrate for some of the posts explaining it right. 

Hide contents

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Seriously hope they ditch the excalibur lying on his back design. Just doesn't look right. Likely subject to significant changes since then anyways I guess. 

Edited by Naith

50 minutes ago, (PS4)OWNINGBOT said:

Now of course must of you might say because of the clipping size and probably you are right it might be that however wouldn't  it be interesting to think besides that?

Now leading further into the size of the ship and how it manages a surrounding that we are able to roam around i begin to think that the ship we extract to could be considered a housing space for the warframes and that the surroundings are just considered as a simulation to manipulate our consciousness to think we are actually roaming the ship.

Now this also leads into my theory how stalker manages to enter our ship hence Lotus saying "how?" or something similar. Since Hunhow manged to manipulate the stalkers mind ,hence showing the color on the pakal armour changing from blue to the red, then why couldnt it manipulate the operator. Now I say the operator because  it is manually controlling the warframe and that the operators mind is fully exposed for Hunhow to manipulate. 

Now most of you are might thinking, "if it is a simulation then how is the operator able to enter it" well i glad you asked.

Now i know its a little too far into this theory but i believe the operator is dead or somewhat contained somewhere else rather than the ship. 

Think of it, the operator has been embedded with the void powers therefore making them really strong. However you know who else has the void powers? Corrupted Vor.

When defeated he says " cannot be destroyed i am like energy" blah blah blah now correlate that with the operator. Explains how they can be at two places at once.

Pretty much what i am trying to say is that the operator is like corrupted vor where they cannot be destroyed since possessing void powers. 

I hope you like this fun theory of mine, however this is just MY THOUGHTS and not the actual game content. Feel free to comment on what you think or think otherwise. 

You inspired my artistic side, OP.

90ab74b13c.png

Edited by Kastorius

The Liset, Mantis, etc. are called "Landing Crafts" everywhere within the game. This is why you make a different one and your window doesn't change, or this explains why the Liset/Mantis/etc. don't have windows on the outside (as seen on Loading screens), while your ship still does.

Ordis is shady as hell, Stalker probably just walked right in.

and on that note..

If we're on the Orbitor and not the drop ship. why the hell are not up and walking around?

Why are we relying on a bunch of kids to bring balance to the system that are too lazy to even get off their asses and manage their own ship? I understand the transference thing and what not, you're rigged up and I'm sure it's a process but the idea we just sit in one room...alll the time..Using our warframe to control every aspect of our existence in this giant ship is just silly.. Our operators just seem like the incredibly sheltered step-siblings of the actual Tenno. If we have tenno out running around the solar map I don't see why we can't wal;k around our ships.

Edited by Foxhound4

1 hour ago, Ognj said:

And I love how people just buy the "Void magic makes it seem bigger" stuff for the inside of the Liset. Come on now, it is a wee bit ridiculous that all of that stuff is inside of our little stealth kite (something irl Ninjas were rumored to use), I imagine the Liset more as a motorcycle than a motorhome. What we have now feels more like a navigation room for the Orbiter and if DE would embrace that more, they could open up some more creativity in the design/layout of the Navigation room.

The area above the ramp is absolutely the liset, the fact that there's currently no representation of the inside of all the other landing crafts is because DE... gets way too ahead of themselves sometimes.

Edited by rapt0rman

2 hours ago, IEpicWolfI said:

Can't say it's the Liset considering we have now 4 different ships and they don't have the same structure to support Liset's interior design.

You can say it's the liset, because the developers say it is, the design of the connecting point on the ramp supports it and the fact that there aren't different interiors is easily explained by a lack of development in that particular area.