The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward needs a rework!

Rolhn

I know a lot of players have been doing sorties lately but here is something that continues to piss me off about the Sortie Reward list.

Getting any of the Nezha parts even though you already own a fully built, potato'd and forma'd Nezha.

I am sick to death with getting all of these god damn Nezha parts because I own Nezha and I don't need any more blueprints for it! Just fix it where if you own Nezha it removes it from your list outright so it gives you a chance to get an actual reward! Like Sortie 8 reward list, it gave me the systems and the helmet already when it could have given me something useful like the fusion cores or even the LATRON WRAITH PARTS!!! You know the all important thing that people actually want instead of that crapsack Nezha who many people already own? Just make it so that if you already own Nezha that it doesn't appear on your reward list so you have a chance to get something useful for a change!

Come on DE this should have been implemented when you invented the Sortie Reward List! Why keep giving players warframe parts for something they already own! It is almost like you are just trolling the players for wasting their time doing the daily Sortie.

Dunno, nezha pieces are tradeable, so I guess removing it could reduce some players chances of making some small plats. Said that, I guess a prompt to manually check unwanted non-repeatable rewards at the start of every season should be enough (I don't like getting lenses nor nezha parts, but I can give them or even sell them to players with less lucj who want them asap)

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

We just need a token system.

Then people whould one day have everything they want in a few weeks or months, them stopping having interesst in the game and stopping completly, the game is maked around Grind and RNG, people should be used to that by now, besides you can atleast sell lenses and nezha parts for plat and not just have them stack up to trow away, people always trade them regardless what, new players always come to this game aswell.

A token system would be great. Not everything has to be RNG. 

I'd also like to see something like arcanes added to sorties (or to the token vendor if they added a token system). A lot of people don't want to "raid" in this game. I see no reason not to add something like arcanes to another part of the game if it's challenging enough.

They could even add tokens to the trials so those that do do them can get the token rewards faster, including what specific arcanes they want. 

1 hour ago, h41pa said:

yes that's the best ideea 

maybe they gona do something like that "SooN"

this idea isn't new. Devs thought of it the 3rd week after sorties came out. I don't think it's happening since its been 8 months since sorties came out

Sure don't need more Nezha parts, and trading them for plat is meh.  The sortie weapons are largely meh to me, don't care about MR fodder.  Don't really need more lenses.  The credits are useful, at least.  But mostly gotta grind through a bunch of meh rewards at the start of a season before I get all fusion cores, which at least are still useful.  Not really keeping me interested.

only issue i got with the rewards is, i have yet to get a reactor(even know i got 20 built with 1 on everything i can shove it on) the rng for the rewards are so weighted  id love more legendarys or atleats 50 stacks

I think the only reasonable option is to make us able to check non-repeatable rewards.

A token system would have its downsides. If the devs want us to play sorties for more than a week for each season (and they do), the parts would need a pretty high amount of whatever currency we get. And in that case, someone who joined 4 days before the end of the season would get at most one weapon/Nezha part, while he could get a full set with the current system. (yes it's unlikely, but there's at least a chance)

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

We just need a token system.

Plays sorties daily and hoards "sortie tokens" waiting for something desirable (new weapon, frame or whatever) to show up in sorties and claim it right on release.

And then the resource stockpiling, credit banks and even platinum hoarding issue will eventually repeat with "sortie tokens" or whatever the currency is.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

5 hours ago, Rolhn said:

I know a lot of players have been doing sorties lately but here is something that continues to piss me off about the Sortie Reward list.

Getting any of the Nezha parts even though you already own a fully built, potato'd and forma'd Nezha.

I am sick to death with getting all of these god damn Nezha parts because I own Nezha and I don't need any more blueprints for it! Just fix it where if you own Nezha it removes it from your list outright so it gives you a chance to get an actual reward! Like Sortie 8 reward list, it gave me the systems and the helmet already when it could have given me something useful like the fusion cores or even the LATRON WRAITH PARTS!!! You know the all important thing that people actually want instead of that crapsack Nezha who many people already own? Just make it so that if you already own Nezha that it doesn't appear on your reward list so you have a chance to get something useful for a change!

Come on DE this should have been implemented when you invented the Sortie Reward List! Why keep giving players warframe parts for something they already own! It is almost like you are just trolling the players for wasting their time doing the daily Sortie.

Look, the Latron wriath is going to be X hard to get. So if they remove Nezha you are still going to have the same chance at what you want, you'll just get more pack of cores. Does it really matter if you get the nezha parts once a sortie? You have to think of it like a lottery. You play, sometimes you get nothing (nezha), sometimes you get your $1 back (25 fusion cores /lens) sometimes you get a decent prize (latron wraith) and sometimes you hit the jackpot (Legendary core)

1 hour ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Plays sorties daily and hoards "sortie tokens" waiting for something desirable (new weapon, frame or whatever) to show up in sorties and claim it right on release.

And then the resource stockpiling, credit banks and even platinum hoarding issue will eventually repeat with "sortie tokens" or whatever the currency is.

Why is this a problem exactly? Would DE prefer people stop playing once they don't need things anymore? People aren't hoarding resources, they're not spending them because they don't want or need anything they can acquire with them currently. They may prefer it if we weren't able to collect anything between content releases so they can make us start a farm from scratch every single time a new item/frame is added (hence the new relic system), but that would accomplish nothing other than driving more players away between content releases. 

So what if some guy has 100k oxium or 100m credits? They apparently continued playing the game even when they didn't need anything, preparing for the future. Those people deserve to not have to farm for X, Y or Z ever again. They'll also apparently keep playing after they instantly acquire the new things, since they continued playing all that time after they were done acquiring things before. DE doesn't need to Vauban Prime everything, screwing over new players, just because long time players have massive stockpiles of resources.

It would be the same with sortie tokens, except that those would be limited per day, so someone with unlimited time to play wouldn't be able to get nearly as far ahead of everyone else in acquiring them. 

6 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Then people whould one day have everything they want in a few weeks or months, them stopping having interesst in the game and stopping completly

That problem would neither be created, exacerbated, or abated by a token system; sortie seasons have such a huge gap between them in the first place. It's not even that hard to balance (say, for example, make each Latron Wraith part cost four days worth of tokens; sixteen sorties to get your Latron)

24 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

Why is this a problem exactly?

Just look at all the resource sinks, those have inflated crafting costs because of a reason. Having a token system would have no difference at a given moment.

That's the same reason why DE implemented argon crystals with their decaying mechanic, nitain as a very limited resource, or any new resource in it's time. If players stockpiling stuff in order to get it right on release wasn't a problem for DE, those resources wouldn't exist and there would be no need of adding new resources once in a while and reduce (or simply stop) older resources usage. Want to go further? If that wasn't a problem, our void relics would have auto upgrading mechanic whenever something new is released, while the system has been explained in a way that means "your old relics will stay with you, so you can use them anytime in future, however, new relics will appear with newer primes" which is clearly a mean to get rid of players stockpiling void keys to farm new prime stuff right away. 

If DE didn't consider players stockpiling stuff to get bew content with almost no effort, none if those additions would have ever had the need to go live. But here we are, with nitain, argon, new resources once in a while, hard capped resources (void traces), daily caps (standing and focus) void relics that won't auto upgrade, etc.  All of that just to annoy the community because there's no problem with hardcore players stockpiling resources.

All you need is to see how things are going and stop thinking in short terms.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KOR Falleneagle said:

If they add a token system, they could make it to were all tokens you have disappear after each season so you could not hoard them.

but muh farming time. (That started appearing after DE explained how new relics will be implemented, I'm sure those would appear again if something like that happened)

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That problem would neither be created, exacerbated, or abated by a token system; sortie seasons have such a huge gap between them in the first place. It's not even that hard to balance (say, for example, make each Latron Wraith part cost four days worth of tokens; sixteen sorties to get your Latron)

Yeah, and all players who got our latron wraith in the event (most of us able to stockpile and hoard resources because we have practically nothing to build) can save those tokens to get legendary cores only or simply for the next season to get any new reward on day 1, and go back to hoard tokens, while DE starts creating token sinks, screwing new and casual players to reduce the size of the banks of hardcore players. 

I suppose you could have the specific tokens for each specific season (e.g. Season 8 for Latron Wraith) which would only work with that seasons rewards (and the weapon parts would still be in the sortie drop tables so you can try your luck for it or build up tokens and buy that one part that you can't seem to get at all), but you could keep them and use them whenever you wanted, and you could add to your count of e.g. "Season 8 tokens" every time the Latron Wraith is rotated back in, with obviously more things to spend tokens on as time goes on. The Specific ones could be for each weapon that comes into sorties and then could have generic tokens that you get aswell as season specific ones to spend on lens, cores or whatever else DE would add to this token shop if they made it.

Or you could have it so that the tokens are for the repeatable rewards such as the lens or cores, possibly even the Nezha parts and then have 2 weapons that come per season with the sorties, so Snipetron Vandal and Dera Vandal would come at the same time.

Just some basic idea's, I think could work, obviously would need to be fleshed out more.

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Yeah, and all players who got our latron wraith in the event (most of us able to stockpile and hoard resources because we have practically nothing to build) can save those tokens to get legendary cores only or simply for the next season to get any new reward on day 1, and go back to hoard tokens, while DE starts creating token sinks, screwing new and casual players to reduce the size of the banks of hardcore players. 

Ooooh, right, I forgot about that possibility

Stockpiling is inevitable because otherwise people would only play till they got whatever they need then stop playing (as there is no point to continue unless you just enjoy playing for the sake of playing).  

Games in development have to just ignore the factor that stockpiling exists and stop accounting for it (or give better sinks), because players along for the ride during development will always play more than the developers can produce, thus have huge stockpiles, while newer players will look at the huge mountains they need to gather and not even bother starting.

Sorties are though fairly simple to fix, let players turn the check boxes on or off for themselves.  If a player doesn't need or want repeat parts then they will get cores because they turned on all the checks, if they want to repeat some they turn them off.  No massive changes to the system accept letting players choose how they want it to work, and avoiding the 'pointless' reward for them.

The default could remain as we have it now, in that checks will automatically be off at the start of a season and as you get items automatically turn on (if a player then turns them off they shouldn't turn on again, but a setting for automatic sortie checks could be useful as well.)

Edited by Loswaith

Another failure are the lens. You have a chance to get ONE small lens per season. Completely annihilates the point of having a focus system.

Lens should not be behind a such a paywall (plat greater lens). Drop the lens from the list and... add them to the higher level void loot tables.