Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The solution to the return of excal prime.

Arcturus125

okay, so a lot of players want excalibur prime to be made an active drop from the drop tables of void fissures. however, there is a problem. people whop already own excalibur prime do not want him to be able to be obtained anymore because as they bought the founders pack, they were told that excalibur prime was an exclusive item, never to return. because if this, DE wont release him again - because DE don't want to go back on their word.

because cannot get excal prime, they result to buying other peoples accounts that to have excal prime. even though this is against the rules of warframe. so, if excalibur was released again, this problem would be solved and people would not need to buy others accounts to get excalibur prime. 

also, if excalibur was released and introduced to the drop tables, the people tho bought the founders pack would riot because they bought an item that was said to be exclusive. in fact, even i would get upset if excalibur prime was brought back into the game AND introduced to the drop tables. 

The thing that annoys the founders the most is that they payed to get excal prime, and if it was in the drop tables, people could farm excal prime for free and the founders would feel cheated out of their money. so, my solution is to bring excalibur back, BUT not put any of the excal prime parts into the drop tables. instead, the only way you should be able to get him, is to buy his prime access. that way people are spending money to get him, just like the founders did way back when he was available for purchase.

also, most founders will say that they were promised an exclusive item. and here is my argument to that: the founders program closed on  1st of November, 2013  meaning that it has been almost 3 years since excalibur prime was unobtainable. during this time, excalibur was an exclusive item, only to be owned by founders. so yes, i get that the founders will be annoyed if he is available for purchase again, however, they have payed for the excal prime and will have received it 3 years in advance from every other player. and to get excal prime, you only had to pay  £32.99  which is LESS than prime access, so if he is re introduced to the game, he will cost more money to get (so people who buy excal prime if he comes out will be paying MORE than people payed to get excal prime - basically, they are paying MORE NOW to get him, so the founders should be grateful that they payed less)

and finally, people are probably going to complain and say 'But DE promised us that excal prime would be an exclusive item'. well, my answer to that is that it WAS an exclusive item for 3 years (so DE aren't going back on their word when they said it was an exclusive item - they never said how long it would be  exclusive for), is that not enough? also, most people who played the game 3 years ago may not even be playing the game anymore. i think it is time that people are allowed to buy him again.

Just a quick recap for people who cant be arsed reading:

Spoiler

i am suggesting that excal prime is made available to BUY, but not be introduced to the drop tables. instead he should be only available if people buy a prime access for him. This way all the following will happen

• prime access costs more than the hunter founders pack (the minimum founders pack required to get excal prime)
  • Excal prime wont be able to be farmed, he can only be bought - so founders cant complain they they had to pay money to get him
  • if he is introduced back into the game, the founders will have had excal prime  for over 3 years at least (its hard to complain when you have had a warframe 3 years before everyone else)
  • I understand that it is unfair if excal prime is put in the drop tables when people had to pay to get him, but i think its selfish to deny anyone any opportunity to get excal prime ever again (even if they pay)

Edited by Arcturus125

Just now, Arcturus125 said:

okay, so a lot of players want excalibur prime to be made an active drop from the drop tables of void fissures. however, there is a problem. people whop already own excalibur prime do not want him to be able to be obtained anymore because as they bought the founders pack, they were told that excalibur prime was an exclusive item, never to return. because if this, DE wont release him again - because DE don't want to go back on their word.

because cannot get excal prime, they result to buying other peoples accounts that to have excal prime. even though this is against the rules of warframe. so, if excalibur was released again, this problem would be solved and people would not need to buy others accounts to get excalibur prime. 

also, if excalibur was released and introduced to the drop tables, the people tho bought the founders pack would riot because they bought an item that was said to be exclusive. in fact, even i would get upset if excalibur prime was brought back into the game AND introduced to the drop tables. 

The thing that annoys the founders the most is that they payed to get excal prime, and if it was in the drop tables, people could farm excal prime for free and the founders would feel cheated out of their money. so, my solution is to bring excalibur back, BUT not put any of the excal prime parts into the drop tables. instead, the only way you should be able to get him, is to buy his prime access. that way people are spending money to get him, just like the founders did way back when he was available for purchase.

also, most founders will say that they were promised an exclusive item. and here is my argument to that: the founders program closed on  1st of November, 2013  meaning that it has been almost 3 years since excalibur prime was unobtainable. during this time, excalibur was an exclusive item, only to be owned by founders. so yes, i get that the founders will be annoyed if he is available for purchase again, however, they have payed for the excal prime and will have received it 3 years in advance from every other player. and to get excal prime, you only had to pay  £32.99  which is LESS than prime access, so if he is re introduced to the game, he will cost more money to get (so people who buy excal prime if he comes out will be paying MORE than people payed to get excal prime - basically, they are paying MORE NOW to get him, so the founders should be grateful that they payed less)

and finally, people are probably going to complain and say 'But DE promised us that excal prime would be an exclusive item'. well, my answer to that is that it WAS an exclusive item for 3 years (so DE aren't going back on their word when they said it was an exclusive item - they never said how long it would be  exclusive for), is that not enough? also, most people who played the game 3 years ago may not even be playing the game anymore. i think it is time that people are allowed to buy him again.

Just a quick recap for people who cant be arsed reading:

Hide contents

i am suggesting that excal prime is made available to BUY, but not be introduced to the drop tables. instead he should be only available if people buy a prime access for him. This way all the following will happen

• prime access costs more than the hunter founders pack (the minimum founders pack required to get excal prime)
  • Excal prime wont be able to be farmed, he can only be bought - so founders cant complain they they had to pay money to get him
  • if he is introduced back into the game, the founders will have had excal prime  for over 3 years at least (its hard to complain when you have had a warframe 3 years before everyone else)
  • I understand that it is unfair if excal prime is put in the drop tables when people had to pay to get him, but i think its selfish to deny anyone any opportunity to get excal prime ever again (even if they pay)

This solution would not work as it has NOTHING to do with people who already have Excalibur Prime saying they want it exclusive, but because DE has stated right from the start that it would never be released again.

Just now, Cradicias said:

This solution would not work as it has NOTHING to do with people who already have Excalibur Prime saying they want it exclusive, but because DE has stated right from the start that it would never be released again.

yes, but DE has always prided themselves on the fact that every warframe and weapon that is available for money, is also available for free in game (with farming). why should excal prime be an exception to this 'pride' DE have?

Just now, Arcturus125 said:

yes, but DE has always prided themselves on the fact that every warframe and weapon that is available for money, is also available for free in game (with farming). why should excal prime be an exception to this 'pride' DE have?

Because DE was crystal clear that he would *never* be available again when selling it.

The 'problem' is already solved.  DE has stated clearly multiple times he will not return. 

I'm a new player and personally I think excal prime should remain exclusive to the original players of the game that helped fund it.  I've seen too many games go back on this and to me it's a poor company that goes back on that exclusive bonus to the original funders. 

If we must have another Excalibur, not that there aren't enough skins already when there's plenty with none, then make umbra worldwide rather than asia only although this might upset asian players... 

3 minutes ago, Arcturus125 said:

You don't seem to understand the reason why excalibur is never coming back at all, it's not because DE is honor bound not to do it it's because they're obligated not to do it, if they did founders could and probably would sue.

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

then make umbra worldwide rather than asia only although this might upset asian players... 

It's only currently exclusive to Warframe China. It was always going to come to the Global build, and seems like it will show up soon (Next week?). The only reason it hasn't is DE is building lore around the Umbra frame, rather than just releasing it like a founder exclusive type thing like it was for Warframe China.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I've been a part of Warframe (started on XB1, migrated to PC) and I don't want to ever see Excal P made available to everyone outside of the founder's pack. Far as I understand it, the founders are the reason we have the game here today (and not in the cheesy "oh you spend money you really care about DE" way, I mean literally) and Excal P was what they received for that. To make it open to everyone is bad for a couple of reason. First, it's tactless as S#&$, and second, there are legal implications for doing this.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I'm a new player and personally I think excal prime should remain exclusive to the original players of the game that helped fund it.  I've seen too many games go back on this and to me it's a poor company that goes back on that exclusive bonus to the original funders. 

If we must have another Excalibur, not that there aren't enough skins already when there's plenty with none, then make umbra worldwide rather than asia only although this might upset asian players... 

thats the point. DE cant make another version of excal without people getting upset.

• if they bring back excal prime, all the founders get upset because they want to have rare items that no one else has
  • if they make umbra worldwide, the asians get upset because they thought it was 'exclusive' to them
  • if they make any other kind of excal like a 'wraith excalibur' then people wont bother because they just want the primes
  • and if they nothing then people get upset because they want a special version of excal prime so they can feel better about themselves

Honestly Excal Prime topics are not very popular on the forum.

Officialy Excal prime will not return and Excal umbra will be the equivalent of excal prime avaible to all tenno.

i didn't TL:DR your text believe me.

But i saw multiple question of that and brigning back Excal Prime only to player who pay will just start more trouble imo like refering to PAY2WIN thingny.

Edited by trunks013

3 minutes ago, Arcturus125 said:

thats the point. DE cant make another version of excal without people getting upset.

• if they bring back excal prime, all the founders get upset because they want to have rare items that no one else has
  • if they make umbra worldwide, the asians get upset because they thought it was 'exclusive' to them
  • if they make any other kind of excal like a 'wraith excalibur' then people wont bother because they just want the primes
  • and if they nothing then people get upset because they want a special version of excal prime so they can feel better about themselves

Nezha and Wukong were chinaframes, if I'm not mistaken. And Umbra Excal has already been teased for the West. So this doesn't have the merit you probably thought it did.

3 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

It's only currently exclusive to Warframe China. It was always going to come to the Global build, and seems like it will show up soon (Next week?). The only reason it hasn't is DE is building lore around the Umbra frame, rather than just releasing it like a founder exclusive type thing like it was for Warframe China.

not next week, they said (in the last devstream iirc, so a little over 2 weeks ago) that umbra will be related to the quest that takes place after TWW. now whether that means that the first umbra frame will come out then or if its just the lore and the frames will come after that, we dont know

Basically, learn to respect the Founders who helped DE and Warframe where it is now. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here or playing Warframe at all. Excalibur Prime was a small token from DE to the Founders who helped them in the early days. Asking for Excalibur Prime to return in whatever form or transaction is an insult for the Founders.