Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

Much like many other Tenno, I find the null crewmen to be a considerable annoyance. I would like to politely ask that we /MAKE THEM PAY!/ That is, for every time they snuff your World on Fire, or shred a thousand health's worth of scarab armor, or annihilate your warding halo, or so on, they actually pay a price in shield integrity, 1 same as getting hit by attacks.

On a similar note, I'd like to be able to target the null bubbles with Peacemaker. That is all on that.

And finally, I would like for you to ditch that weird way it handles health, where a MK-1 weapon with a high fire rate would be more effective than a bow with such strength such that it can pin the moon itself to the void. That, or I'll want that technology in Tenno hands somehow. All those spy missions must have turned up something, surely.

1(ideally scaling to the price in energy you invested, though it's acceptable if not)

Greetings, DE.

Do you have any plans for a more fluid like combo system ? the animations are amazing, but the button input to do them and constant spam of only 1 combo (no variety inbetween) is getting very boring, as said before, the animations (specially on the newest stance mods) are good, they just dont feel very diverse.

3 hours ago, Sithis32 said:

Im not sure what you're complaining about...Void traces fall like leafs Orokin cells are easy if you're aware of where to  look and the codex literally spells out relic information 

6-30 a mission.  That means on average 5-6 missions to get 100 traces without boosters. They have stated previously they wanted them to drop in the void also.

Have you REALLY tried farming for Orokin cells recently? Besides ODA, where can you guarantee to at least get one a mission without a "Farming" squad?

And you cannot farm specific relics, or relics of the same era, and most of the chances of getting a specific relic are less then 10%.  That means if you wanted a SPECIFIC relic, you would on average have to do about 16 reward rotations just to get an 85% chance to get the one you really want

so for relics, this means you on Average have to do over 15 missions to even get the opportunity to refine a relic you wanted to Radiant, and do a Fissure mission for a chance to get it.  THAT is my problem

What are your primary concerns when it comes to fleshing out the core game mechanics?

Modding - It'd be great to see this as a customization system, not a progression system. If it's needed to be effective, it shouldn't rely on mods to get there.

Energy - This is an ineffective gate of power use, which is why the extent of player power is so great. There's no point in a limiting system if it's not really an effective limit... as was demonstrated by Stamina.

Ammo - Either the gun needs ammo mutation or it doesn't... and whichever it is players don't need to think about ammo. What purpose does it serve at this point?

Enemies - Fighting most of the factions feels roughly identical, and there is no shortage of cheesy enemies to counter our cheese. Any plans for creating foes that are more engaging to fight?

Damage, particularly elemental - I feel like Damage 2.0 really killed the flavor of elements. Sure, it's nice not to be looking at burning-freezing-electrocuted enemies, but I definitely miss setting seas of infested on fire with punch-through and cold damage being particularly useful for its slowing properties. Procs are viable, sure, but they're pretty dull. Just like crits. Could we maybe see elements changed up to focus on auxiliary effects with an additional "proc" effect, and crits changed to be more like say, Borderlands (of course, with some hitbox improvements...)?

Focus - I think that this system holds a potential key to striking a compromise between balanced gameplay and the player's desire to be "overpowered." Would you consider shifting the emphasis from focus passives to focus actives, where the active is a sort of "super-powered state" for the Warframe instead of an operator apparition that allows them to "cheese" things within reason? This active power could also supplant convergence.

I think there needs to be a system where we can for say 5 plat reset your frame or weapon to "Foundry Default" where all forma and potatoes are taken off and and the frame is set to Unranked. The potatoes and and forma are not lost and returned to the player. This is for players like myself that after using forma for something then having that changed would like to "fix" it without putting in MORE forma. ex. i had forma'd my Frost Prime to function with only snowglobe when abilities still had mod cards(this was 5 forma) but now that this has changed and frost's abilities have changed(not by much) i would like to have the option to change his polarities without adding More forma. Now i'm not saying reset then be allowed to put all those forma back on right away, no i'm saying RESET the frame so i have to rank it to 30 for every forma again and i believe this would balance it out. Thank you for your time and consideration and if you could address this in the next live stream i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again and have a nice day.

SoulHunter2008

Hello DE
 I first off want to say I really love this game you've made and how you've allowed us to have a hand in shaping it as it grows. I've logged in many hours and fed in more money for plat than I can honestly recall in the last few years. I've had moments where I was pissed at this game but I've never hated it. I have tried to make most of my forum posts be constructive even if I lack some of the elegance to my manner of speech that others have. Anyway enough of my rambling and to some questions and suggestions I have.

#1- Companion Commands -  I think it's about time a Companion Command system be put in place. All to often Shade cloaks me when I'm no longer around enemies or carrier will shot an enemy I'm sneaking up on, or kill an enemy I'm attempting to Devour... My kubrow will roar at one enemy rather than a group. I think a simple system of Toggling their auto attacks on and off , and commanding them to use their primary or secondary abilities with a cool down would be a great addition. I mean they are Trained right ?
Also Smeeta Kevats Charms should each have their own Icons.

#2- Unarmed Melee - Someone once asked about Rhino Punching and Rebecca talked about the Unarmed stance during the escape from the Zanuka Hunter. I really think that Unarmed Melee should be a permanent ability. Mesa has a Passive that gives her a buff when no melee weapon is equipped ... Well what if you run out of ammo or need to break a lot of crates?

#3- Daggers/Dual Daggers/Gun-blades - I think we could use some more single Daggers, More Dual daggers and more stances and more Gun-blades with more stances.
These are weapons that don't have much variety to them and could use some.

#4- Staff/Pole-arm - Honesty I can't even tell the difference , the weapons look the same the stances all look and feel the same. These weapons I think need a Rework. First off Staves should be given long sweeping and vaulting attacks, Pole-arms given attacks that more use chopping or spinning moves. I think a Spear type should be added with lunging and swiping moves. If it's blunt , it's a staff, if it's bladed on the sides or at both ends it's a pole-arm, and if it's bladed at one side it's a spear.

#5- Glaive - The Holding mechanic ... Well I think it's needed for it's use in quick melee But I think if you Equip the weapon in hand you should just use the alt fire button to throw it... Same for the Whip Swords like Mios

#6- Alt Fire - Like mentioned in the previous point Alt Fire doesn't get lots of use. What with the wide array of weapons each one could have an Alt Fire, even if it's as simple as firing a single shot on a burst weapon or switching it to a different element or shot type. ( Syndicate Blast Effects Should charge and then given a button that Allows us to set it off when we want/need to )

#7- Quick Fire - Can we get something Like quick melee but for your guns when Melee is equipped?
Like changing the Quick melee button to fire your secondary weapon from the hip while your melee weapon is in your hand?
This would help with Melee focused players with getting through Grineer Energy Sapping doors or taking out other distant or flying objects without having to switch

#8- Dark SplitSword - To go with my Section on ALT FIRE The Dark SplitSword and any other Splitsword that may follow ( Heat Sword and Ether Sword I'm looking at you ... Perhaps a Fang and Pangolin sword type ) This Weapon type should have 2 Stance Slots. If you're worried about having 20 extra mod Capacity than just make each slot count for half or cap it at 10 extra. With both Stances equipped use the Alt Fire button to Switch stances one the fly MID BATTLE. They NEED this because as it stands , it's a nice idea but offers nothing to pick it over a heavy weapon or Dual Swords

#9- Archwing - With it now being more floaty, you need to look into adjusting the Revival system as aiming and Landing on your fallen squad members at speed is hit or miss ... I mean sometimes I'll stop right ON them and not be able to pick them up.

#10- Nullifers - The recent changes to them ... UGH is the best choice of words. They have NO Balance ... during Void Fissures as soon as they spawn ( and the fissure farts them out far too often ) their sphere is full .. perhaps they should spawn in with it collapsed.(this was sorta fixed) Speaking of that Sphere ... it's still VERY unfair to Bow and sniper players taking 5-6 shots to drop it ... That is not cool at all. You also said it doesn't nullify powers independent of the player , yet Snow globe and the rumblers still get nullified.
I think to balance them out their sphere should just have HP and not 'stages' so bows and snipers can pop it just as well as a soma can ... on top of that the nullifer should be a Melee unit perhaps using the Serro ( I think that's it's name) and should move slower ... they are equipped with a huge cumbersome backpack

Hi DE. I had an idea for a rework for a mission that most players don't partake in since it is, while interesting and a neat distraction from grinding,  pointless and time consuming. I'm speaking in regards to the Zanuka mission that occurs once someone is captured by Zanuka. The first time I was pulled into this I thought it was awesome. Next couple of times I thought it was silly. Reason being was, once your warframe is captured it is put into this war frame tailored "cell." Once the mission begins, the lasers turn off out of nowhere. Not sure if Spacema used her Leet hacking or Alad pulled an Elsa and was like, "Let it go." Just seems silly when I think about Corpus security. Another thing is the fact the Corpus are able to take your abilities and put em in a box. Anyways, while my friend and I were high for "medicinal purposes," we were thinking of ways to make it better and add in a new form of fun and challenging gameplay. In the second dream,(SPOILERS just in case any staff at DE is unaware) the warframe is shown to try to protect the operator at all costs. If the Operator is in danger then the warframe has to come to the rescue. With this rework it would be the other way around. Operator rescuing the Frame. While the tenno doesn't have the strength, speed, agility, etc.of a warframe, they can make up for that with tenno being light-footed and having a low profile(They ARE trained child ninjas  after all AKA Killuas). What I'm getting at is send in the operator with a simple melee weapon and psychic abilities and have them metal gear solid through to their frame silently. Hack a console, hop on their frames back piggy style. Collect their weapons from an armory(not boxes) and extract Second Dream style. I believe this type of mission would be fun as it displays the bond between Tenno and frame and shows off the "ninja school training" the tenno have been taught. It would also add in a concrete stealth mission mode to further cement the "space ninja" aspect of the game, which is severely restricted to "turn on Harry Potter cloak" or "kill the enemy that has spotted you before he alerts everyone else."

We thought of everything when we were (as my friend puts it) "coming closer with Jesus."Stealthy cover mechanics, we LARPed unique Tenno executions, traversal and parkour methods for the Tenno, throwing in rewards like focus and corpus weapon blueprints.This type of mission could probably be used in scenarios where a warframe can't be used maybe a sort of transference nullifying high security fortress in which that you assassinate a high priority target(queens maybe?) Or having to show your worth as a Tenno to certain syndicates or suspiciously space mama hating conclave npc. I don't know

And Sorry for the free response expository essay in the forum this is my first time posting something for the devstream.

Love the game DE. Stay awesome and stay in beta

Edited by (PS4)NinjaPigProdigy

In regards to the endless quote un quote "problem"

How about You mix old and new void together? I mean like the old void were there was the endless thing, and after every rotation the new void reward screen pops up(rewards depending on your current equipped relic, not consuming the relic until extraction, all the same new void stuff just with this change for the endless missions that pop up in the fissure window.

I hope this sounds like a good idea.

12 hours ago, (XB1)l Defiant l said:

Life long gripe/question since I've seen the way Heavy Blades are held (Galatine, War). I like it, however, I don't like it. My question--are the stationary stances cruical to start up the HB animations? I ask because any MMO or JRPG I've played has Heavy Swords held in reverse grip, which aesthetically looks great. It implys powerful swings, bone crushing/shattering intent. So, unless the way it is now is necssary to all HB stances, is there a chance the way HB are held likely to change?

They worked on something like that way back. Still waiting for those grips. Wielding heavy blades looks like holding an umbrella right now.

Spoiler

sYxadYP.jpg

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Small problem with relic selection text (PC):

When you select a relic to use in a mission, is still says "Are you sure you want to equip <relic here> for this mission? It will be consumed if you seal the Void Fissure and extract." I'm pretty sure that was the message for the old fissure style, where there was only one.

It should be changed so it mentions collecting 10 reactant instead. For example: "It will be consumed if you collect 10 reactant and extract"

Hope someone reads this and gets it fixed!

Any thoughts or considerations about implementing certain warframe conclave augments into PvE, such as Atlas' 'Rumbled'?

Have you thought about implementing special animations to certain 'idle stances' such as Titania's where the warframe would float around when and where it would normally walk? I ask this because while Titania's animations are neat the transition from floating to snapping back onto the ground is rather rough and akward.

Why do custom holsters float away from the warframe?

In the everlasting topic of rewords and rebalances who is the closest/currently being worked on and are there any changes that could be previewed to us?

At the cost of perhaps sounding ignorant, it feels like hyped up and long awaited systems like archwing and focus are ignored for long periods of time and when changes happen they do not seem to be very significant, is this because time is spent on other aspects of the game or do the devs simply not know where to go at the moment?

Edited by RahuHordika
Typos

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This Devstream will be going back to Warframe basics.

So lets back to our old friend(enemy) the loot tables- or rather the mission Rewards. For a few weeks there was some movement on youtube about burnout and mission rewards.

Partially is it to blame the new starchart and relics as they don't provide any reasons to do endless missions. Aside the few that provide great quantities of Endo.
But the issue is much much older than that...
Sorties are still lacking the kiosk, and provide mostly old (event) and weak weapons - that imo as the sorties itself are rather difficult for most players is downgrading the rewards.
People who had those weapons or are seeking a better gear will stop doing those. It is similar to Baro as he dont provide anything of interest for most of players.

As for Mission rewards itself. It don't reward the effort you put maxing your gear. For e.g. excavation on planet 1-5 lvl mobs will provide the same amount of cryonic per excavation as planet with 25+ lvl mobs. The risk/reward ratio for missions is more like inclined plane.

Question 1: Do you have any plans on bringing back all these people who have left after the Lunaro update?

Question 2: Along with TWW will we get some core gameplay changes / fixes / tweaks / reworks?

Question 3: Are you going to add something to make this game actually interetsing for people who have farmed everything or almost everything here? (Raids and Sorties clearly can't solve the problem)

Question 4: Any chance we will get vacuum-like passive for warframes or companions?

Question 5: Where has dissapeared Double Credits Weekend?

Question 6: Why you introduce so many "new" stuff while "old" stuff doesn't work properly?

Edited by WhyNotBro
Because i want so!

I've just finished college and started working as a programmer in a small company to earn experience. I've never worked on the development of a game before so I have no idea how is the process but it's true that we players are faced with quite a few number of bugs after a release. So my questions are:
Can you explain the development process? So we can understand better. - This is very interesting for me as a junior developer

This would be a long shot, but could you point at yourselves were are you failing? is it the code review? functional review? or something else?

Well I hope to work with you all someday in my career.

Cheers from Portugal!

8 hours ago, (PS4)Arinol said:

Ranged throw would not make noise so, I disagree on losing the Stealth bonus.

Also try Ivara and Glaive and see what happens when guided.

There's silent ranged weapons that don't give you Stealth bonus (bows, crossbows, throwing daggers, not to mention the mods you can use) so that's irrelevant. The stealth bonus is meant for close-ranged melee strikes only.

And don't try to tell me that just because of this one Warframe (arguably the hardest one to farm) with this one ability, this entire category of Melee weapons is fine. Weapons shouldn't rely on specific Warframe setups just so they can be decent.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

So... the SotR update stealthly changed the Itzal's research costs: the Harness now costs 250 oxium to research. Before SotR, it used to cost 20. Same thing with the System (3750 after/30 before) and the Wings (3750 after/5 before). Is this change intended or not ? AFAIK it was not in the (SotR) patch notes, and it haven't been commented on or even acknowledged ever since then; despite me and other players asking about it in pretty much every. single. update. thread. for the last two months. (and some devstream/prime time announcement thread too.) Going by this pattern, I can tell you won't adress it today either.

The SotR update also ... messed with the codex, and some existing entries has been sucked into the Void or something. (See here for details)

Once again, I reported the issue almost every update since early July to little to no effect: Clem got back in SotR hotfix 10 and the Hyenas in TSG hotfix 1.2 (And, I suspect, only because they were involved in the Corpus Bust event). Meanwhile missing *new* entries (SotR's specters, Titania's Quest's Specters) are hotfixed within a couple of days.

I have a bunch of topics that have been on my mind and have been speculating on, so here's the list:

Confirmation on whether Rampart Turrets are not being affected by Punch-Through is intended. (Please make it affect them, You can shoot through crates, walls and ship hull plating with punch-through.) | This seems not to affect bows at full draw in some cases, but regular primaries/secondaries with shred,metal auger/seeker seem to not go through, despite their distance being greater than the turret face.

Friend list improvement:
- general performance improvement
- adding tags to friends, or different identifiers. example; [DE]Rebecca : Fun Digital Extremes staff
- groups
- queueing for streamers
- tool-tip info on friends ~alliance, clans

Walking toggle, animation is there, for base at least, maybe individual warframe walk animations.
So: Walk - Run (default movement) - Sprint

Focus Lens 'distillers', ability to remove lenses from equipment.

Costumisation
Individual accessory coloring
'prime metal' color slot

Prime armor parts enable/disable on different skins, as this blocks parts of certain skins (Tennogen, immortal). In some cases this is still fine, but not in others.
More favorite colors, and rearranging of the colors in your favorite slots.

Replaying Quests, status update?

Unobtainable weapons

In the case of the Snipetron being reintroduced with the Project Undermine Tactical Alert, and the Ether Daggers from the Stolen Dreams quest, if you've sold them you can't get them back at this moment in time, not from login rewards or alerts. Will we be seeing them reimplemented like the Gorgon and the Boar have been, by having their blueprints dropped from enemies. Or in another way?

Tactical Alerts

When will you be working on more Tactical Alerts? As has been said, Warframe has been event-based for content, and usually these events are the most engaging for players. Maybe thinking of having a small team scheduled on a tactical alert every month?

Mods and mechanics
A change for 'band-aid' mods, automatically implementing their effects to some degree in the warframes themselves, upping their effects or turning them into mechanics.
- Handspring perhaps a minigame where you trigger a key to get up, maybe have it affect slow effects too, react fast and you can get out of the slows
- Warm Coat to rather give 12% resistance to the cryogenic effect, up its effectiveness to 90%
- Shock Absorbers to give 50% damage resistance on knockdown instead of 20%

Shields

Spoiler

The first line of defense of your warframe. But after some progress through the starmap they don't stop anything and you're left to rely on armor-amplified health, and health regeneration. I propose making shields be more effective against high damage instances, charging a protection-percentage(p%) when not being hit that blocks damage which would exceed maximum shield strength, with mods affecting the charge rate of the p%, the cooldown on how soon it starts charging after being hit.
    Why propose a change to make shields 'stronger'? Instances where you get 'one-shot' by something that blindsided you. Yes, Quick Thinking helps against this to a point, but leaves you vulnerable, a last line of defense mod that when in a pinch won't give you enough time to respond to the next shot. Having your shields, first line of defense, be able to block something that would otherwise knock you out.

Codex scanning

Spoiler

not having to switch out your weapons to use a scanner against live enemies, make corpses scan-able(?), Make weapon augments that give scans on kill or <amount of time> hit adding a scan to an enemy. Maybe even just hit-'scan' first, and after the target is scanned hit-damage. Thinking to use the Gammacor, lorewise it is used to analyze minerals, why not make it scan for the codex without breaking gameflow of having to switch to your scanners? (Either regular codex scanner or  Simaris scanner) - This having been adressed to a degree with the addition of the Heliocor Hammer, although for individuals. Perhaps improve on the effect so it also gives scans to squadmates around you/the target.

Synthesis Targets

Spoiler

Since after the Second Dream, there haven't been lore-based synthesis targets on anymore, only the 'daily synthesis'. Will these lore-based synthesis objectives return? Hunting for the lore is more interesting than to just going to Simaris and return after you're done scanning the same few enemies over and over with only Fusion Cores to show for it. Maybe make a reward for the most ardent scanner(s) for the lore-synthesis (clan statue, synthesis target noggle, emblem, sigil, who knows.)

I hope this can provide some content for discussion during the devstream tomorrow, looking forward to watching it!

Edited by Altair_Flame
Extra note.