Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

OK. I just have to ask...

WTF is with this vacuum love? I'm not using it for months. I use Wyrm Prime. Why on earth are people behaving like it's impossible to play without it?

It's like drugs, once you're addicted, you dont want to feel how bad it is without them, but when they're forced to reduce the "drug", the side effect starts appearing.

4 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

It's like drugs, once you're addicted, you dont want to feel how bad it is without them, but when they're forced to reduce the "drug", the side effect starts appearing.

Considering I didn't (yet) topped Carrier's use % with Wyrm it's not half as bad

3 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

OK. I just have to ask...

WTF is with this vacuum love? I'm not using it for months. I use Wyrm Prime. Why on earth are people behaving like it's impossible to play without it?

Please understand that I for example love the parkoursystem in this game and having to move slowly on the ground to pick stuff up, which happens all the time btw without Vacuum, kills the fun for me. It ain't rocket science. And with only 5 m more often that not i will miss loot now and have to stop the parkour to get it.

So 5m Vacuum.Instead of just being 12m or even 10m.

TWW delayed even further. So a withdraw on the "more than 1 cinematic quest a year".

Tbh TWW is starting to feel like too little too late at this point.

I really don't feel like a quest, and a new system that will most likely have its own due of bugs and then be ignored for almost a year with no real use just like the focus system.

*Just my opinion, even if unpopular*

Thanks for the update.

And now that you've sorted out sentinels, could you please show the Kubrows some love? I'm not asking for something overpowered, I just want something on the Kubrows that you can't get on kavats or sentinels. Because the way things are now (looking at it from an efficiency and effectiveness standpoint), you have to be stupid to run with a Kubrow if you have the option of a Smeeta. It just outclasses the kubrow in every way.

And this is coming from someone who is stupid and runs with a 7 forma raksa 90% of the time just because I prefer having a dog with me. All I'm asking is for you to give players a reason to use kubrows that isn't simply wanting to run with a dog. 

1 hour ago, Dzecar said:

i'd rather have 3 separate mods that have 10-12 meter range :/

That is dumb.  You would rather lose 3 mods slots for a little bit more coverage.

Three mod slots instead of innate.

Three mod slots.

THREE.

And if you say "But I'd only use one." then you'd lose one slot for a little bit more coverage for one category and wouldn't have any vacuum for the others as opposed to having a decent 5m of vacuum for everything.

I swear people here are insane.  DE was going to institute the absolute most idiotic and nerftastic solution possible, but they change their minds and people STILL complain.

SMH.

3 minutes ago, Zharun said:

Please understand that I for example love the parkoursystem in this game and having to move slowly on the ground to pick stuff up, which happens all the time btw without Vacuum, kills the fun for me. It ain't rocket science. And with only 5 m more often that not i will miss loot now and have to stop the parkour to get it.

Ya know, I love parkour as well. And gathering loot after killing group of mobs takes 10 seconds

"A delayed game [or update, I guess] is eventually good, but a rushed [update] is forever bad."

jfc guys, have patience. Yeah, waiting sucks. Know what else sucks? Not meeting deadlines and having to deal with a lot of people crying over not getting their free videogame content. It'll get here when it gets here, and the less you act like your life depends on its' release, the less you'll care when you hear it got pushed back (again).

As for the universal vacuum stuff, thank god you didn't go down that three mods route, DE. Seriously, thank you for listening to the player feedback on that. The way I understand it is that all sentinels will have innate vacuum, while Carrier will still have it's Vacuum mod to crank the suck range up if that's what you really want/need. I mean I could be wrong and if the plan is to just nerf Carrier's vacuum range and try to hide it in this update, then I'll be one of the first asking wtf is going on, but good grief, take a deep breath and stop throwing a nerf tantrum before we even know if something's getting nerfed.

Edit: Do want to mention that intelligent criticism of the current update model is pretty reasonable and (at least imo) rather spot on. I'm looking forward to TWW and will be glad to see it released, but I think it's worth DE looking at how they process updates so that they're not burdening themselves with far more work than they can handle.

Edited by DoctorBagPhD

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

Ya know, I love parkour as well. And gathering loot after killing group of mobs takes 10 seconds

Yes exactly and thats 10 seconds of not having fun so stop forcing your opinions on me please and move on. <3

9 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Considering I didn't (yet) topped Carrier's use % with Wyrm it's not half as bad

Sadly being the carrier the most used pey by this reason, vacuum become to warframe a basic mechanic... So regardless if you use it or not I think this need to be implemented on warframe, as a basic mechanic... 5m bad¿? and 12 good¿? take a mid point and go on.

Edited by DarkDemonXR69

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

How do I say this politely?  Bye.  Yep that covers it.

The problem is that actually more than 30% of players of December 2015 left, so someday there is no left beside you.

I take this serious because when players leave, turnover goes down and the development will be even slower.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

I like that our Sentinels are basically space vacuums, but what about Kubrows and Kavats x)

Agreed.  Now I understand that Kubrows and Kavats don't currently have the proper parts to vacuum up objects so I understand it a bit.  However, why not at least increase the loot pick up range that is innate to the warframe itself and then have the sentinel increase that range passively.  Ooooor build new kubrow/kavat armor that looks like you've strapped a vacuum cleaner onto their backs which gives you increased pick up range.  I also thought about having your Kavat drive around on an orokin automated disc vacuum (roomba) to pick up loot for you. Cmon....you know they had them.  The void is just way too clean. =)

Seriously though it's unfortunate that kubrows and kavats got overlooked here.  

From the gif the nerf looks somewhat acceptable but a tad too far. The sweet spot is probably somewhere between what is shown and 7m radius, or an option must be released that allows us to further increase the range to at least 7m. Nothing has been done about the general squishiness of sentinels so carrier prime is most likely going to be the go-to sentinel for the foreseeable future with its tankiness and possbility of freeing up an ammo mutation mod slot. We'll see. Suiciding to  res sentinels is going to become even more of a thing. Kubrows and kavats get the finger again, especially kubrows. My space dog hasn't been thawed out in months and my cat hasnt seen the outside of the liset since three weeks after it's release.

The Index operation is probably going to be mildly entertaining for the week or two it's out.

At the is point War Within is like Half Life 3. There is no way it will match the expectations that are associated with this quest if it ever does release. Not saying it wont be good but if 10 months+ is what it takes for a cinematic quest to come out with only a few small side quests and weapons and minimal fixes to fundamental broken aspects of warframe (UI, focus, mandatory mods, bandaid mods, power creep, clipping, AI, etc) they absolutely should not be a thing.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

9 minutes ago, Zharun said:

Couldn't agree any more. Also, people seem to forget that parkour actually plays a huge role in terms of survivability. Parkour moves do not just keep you in motion (which on its own would help you dodge projectiles with travel time), they actually reduce enemy accuracy (as in "debuff enemy stats") and grant you a brief damage reduction buff during their animations.

tldr:  slowing down to pick up loot makes you more vulnerable as well

Edited by ZeroSample

1 hour ago, AntoineFlemming said:

You want to assess whether or not your "break updates apart" strategy worked or didn't work, but you're missing the problem here. The problem isn't your strategy; it's the fact that you have to break updates up in the first place. Instead of assessing this strategy, I think you guys need to assess whether these large, overly-ambitious cinematic quests are worth it. When players asked you guys to focus on lore over a year ago, players weren't asking for big, set-piece, cinematic quests. Players just wanted you guys to actually add lore to the game, and to add content to the game that furthers the lore. That doesn't have to mean making some huge cinematic quest. That could be as simple as adding the Nightwatch to Sedna, and adding a codex entry that gives the Nightwatch a rich, lengthy backstory write-up. When players wanted you to add more lore, that could be as simple as using your old assassination model, where the Lotus explains the backstory of an enemy. Large cinematic quests aren't necessary. They're flashy, and they make the game appear like it's complete and well-polished (your game is an alpha-state product that you're calling open beta), but that's about all it is. The new feature that you added with Second Dream is great, and the quest itself was nice, but it's not worth it if it takes this long to complete. It's not worth it. Not when there are other things that you guys could be doing. Not when you could have multiple simpler quests in place of TWW that have the same amount of substantive story.

So my point is simply this: While very thoughtful, your explanation of what to expect fails to understand the community's continued waiting for TWW. It doesn't help when you mention that players have waited longer for Vacuum's rework than for TWW. Players are waiting for TWW. And getting a Vacuum rework isn't going to make players ok with waiting even longer for TWW. You say you're here to get players excited for what's coming, without even acknowledging that player excitement is almost non-existent because you've delayed TWW for so long. That just sends the wrong message, imo. Again, I understand just how busy you guys are, but please understand the frustration of many individuals on the forums.

Again, with regards to your plans, assess whether or not these large cinematic quests are worth it. Because I'll also be honest here: I don't want a cinematic quest for Umbra if it's gonna be another TWW situation. It isn't worth it, especially considering that Umbra has been delayed far longer than TWW. So don't assess or rethink your "break apart Updates" strategy. Assess and rethink your cinematic quest approach. Because, imo, it's not working.

I couldn't have said it better.

tumblr_n1d9zpor2l1sxu4z1o1_500.gif

Vacuum change is good but what of the cat and dogs?

Index i guess is that Perrin related quest mentioned from the last dev stream.

As for war within i would say i'm disappointed but by this point i just don't care as it not going to be worth the wait now for a quest and a game mode.

Awesome!  Thank you Steve!

Vacuum on all sentinels for no mods?  Yes plz!  :-)

I have no doubt that The War Within will surpass all of "my" expectations.... but then...  you could ship an update with a baked potato frame, and I'd be psyched.... so maybe that's not very encouraging coming from me.

All I can say is I think the risks that you all have taken in the past with certain things.  (Tenno being children / Separating perception of us as the "warframe" itself)  has payed off immensely!  

Don't be afraid to take more risks!   

Try not to stress too much!!!! 

Thanks again for the update!