Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

3 minutes ago, SchwarzeRitter said:

Ha, I wouldnt say that, decreasing the radius by 60% while only offering a paltry increase of the default radius from 3 to 5m is terrible. Splitting it into three mods and retaining an actually useful radius would have been "infinitely better"

Yeah, you're right.. This is just another awful nerf, and a blatant disregard of what people actually wanted.. :/ 

53 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Gonna be real honest here: I don't use Carrier and I don't use sentinels so the vacuum rework doesn't really affect me much. I didn't like Rathuum because it was basically Conclave, and I don't like Conclave because I don't think Warframe's movement mechanics (movement animations, how the player moves when holding a gun, parkour, etc) suit PvP at all (it's too crazy and hectic for my tastes), so I'm not at all interested in a Corpus Rathuum. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is War Within, mostly because of the new tileset. So, understandably, I'm disappointed (trying not to be just completely upset and PO'd) that War Within is yet again delayed by a whole month. It's annoying. It's annoying to see that it's taking you guys delay after delay after delay to get this out. I understand that it's a lot of work for you. I get that. But if cinematic quests require you to delay, delay, delay, then imo, they aren't worth it. Because it really does seem like doing these is just too much for DE to handle. If we were getting the tileset now, and the quest later, I wouldn't really have as much of a problem with this. But this is ridiculous.

You want to assess whether or not your "break updates apart" strategy worked or didn't work, but you're missing the problem here. The problem isn't your strategy; it's the fact that you have to break updates up in the first place. Instead of assessing this strategy, I think you guys need to assess whether these large, overly-ambitious cinematic quests are worth it. When players asked you guys to focus on lore over a year ago, players weren't asking for big, set-piece, cinematic quests. Players just wanted you guys to actually add lore to the game, and to add content to the game that furthers the lore. That doesn't have to mean making some huge cinematic quest. That could be as simple as adding the Nightwatch to Sedna, and adding a codex entry that gives the Nightwatch a rich, lengthy backstory write-up. When players wanted you to add more lore, that could be as simple as using your old assassination model, where the Lotus explains the backstory of an enemy. Large cinematic quests aren't necessary. They're flashy, and they make the game appear like it's complete and well-polished (your game is an alpha-state product that you're calling open beta), but that's about all it is. The new feature that you added with Second Dream is great, and the quest itself was nice, but it's not worth it if it takes this long to complete. It's not worth it. Not when there are other things that you guys could be doing. Not when you could have multiple simpler quests in place of TWW that have the same amount of substantive story.

So my point is simply this: While very thoughtful, your explanation of what to expect fails to understand the community's continued waiting for TWW. It doesn't help when you mention that players have waited longer for Vacuum's rework than for TWW. Players are waiting for TWW. And getting a Vacuum rework isn't going to make players ok with waiting even longer for TWW. You say you're here to get players excited for what's coming, without even acknowledging that player excitement is almost non-existent because you've delayed TWW for so long. That just sends the wrong message, imo. Again, I understand just how busy you guys are, but please understand the frustration of many individuals on the forums.

Again, with regards to your plans, assess whether or not these large cinematic quests are worth it. Because I'll also be honest here: I don't want a cinematic quest for Umbra if it's gonna be another TWW situation. It isn't worth it, especially considering that Umbra has been delayed far longer than TWW. So don't assess or rethink your "break apart Updates" strategy. Assess and rethink your cinematic quest approach. Because, imo, it's not working.

I know this is a loooonnnggg post but Antoine made some very good points that I wish to bring up again. If these huge cinematic quests are whats causing these DElays, then they must come to an end because you guys are biting off more then you can chew.

Edited by (PS4)Raptor_T9X

3 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

I was hoping for it as a passive to kubrows and kavats as well, kubrows are all but forgotten it feels. 

Kinda wish they beefed Kubrow with something, Kubrow is rarely used much... both Kavat got the crit buffer (either flat crit chance buff or the one that have a chance to red crit buff), now sentinels got the vacuum built in passively (at least dethcube wont be as bad as it was searched in market with the term "bad"), Kubrow dont have much thing to be considered useful .-.

I keep hearing the word "sentinels" but what about kubrows and kavats? One of the biggest complaints is that people can't use kubrows or kavats because of vacuum. This change still only addresses 1/3 of the problem because it's for sentinels only. Vacuum should really be a passive of the WARFRAME not the pet. It should just be how loot pickup works. That way it works for everyone, whether you choose to have any pet or no pet. 

if i was not crazy about the ''I want all the weapon at the same time'' i would go on another game even if this one is awesome ... but the delays are ridiculous and the hype is just crushing the update ... i personally think that when TWW will be realesed (in december certainly) we will all be disapointed because there was to much hype for nothing ... and DE didn't even talk, for 7 months, about the sentient arm weapon, the infested door, and all these other great things that could make warframe great again ...

not even surprising ~_~ 

due to FTP nature of the game (but still need to feed ourselves/Chinese Overlords/Servers/waever) you will have to continue to release half-assed systems and updates, while at the same time working on the new stuff + sloooowly reworking all the garbage (or extremely underwhelming) content + face waves upon waves of critisisms for previously released "stuff". 

This basically solidifies the perpetual state of "squirrel in a wheel" and cements the fact that Warframe won't have any kind of endgame or Goal on the Horizon type of deal any time soon (1 year+ at least).

Kind a resembles an avalanche or landslide, it all started from the idea that this was a 1,5 year game max as u admitted it yourselves in Devstream and thus many Design decisions were extremely short sighted and balance breaking in attempts to sell stuff i guess (*cough PA cough*). Now we are basically immortal gods capable of genociding our enemies by the thousands or insta dieing from 1 shot, no middle ground anywhere and to SOLVE it requires an inhuman amount of work and balancing and you ain't no Icefrog, nor do you have 5+ years for that, since we all know perfectly well how community reacts to your "quality of life changes". 

Edited by b0_on

Just now, VentumMittens said:

I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the updates on how TWW is going, but these delays are honestly killing us as a community/player base. I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that all I do everyday is login for daily tribute, then log right back out. I've known several friends who used to play, and don't anymore. All because the update has been delayed, and Vets haven't had anything worth doing.

I had  around 8+ friends that played regularly, now its just me and my partner (and even he doesn't care as much as me at this point), a few of them log in for the daily and the rare/odd game but most got board/stopped bothering since around the time war within was due originally, funnily enough I recon most would have carried on if it wasn't for the delays and the promise of real/new content and time soon went down the drain. 

A lotta my friends, who're vets, like me, for some odd reason, like endless gameplay with in-game content, like, lvl. 200-plus enemies who can one-shot 'em and platinum rewards and Prime prizes for going ham in the Void, for like, 6-hours and than some, and their names up there in lights, and they also believe that they're being purged or something, I don't know, they just stopped playing, so the fault is their own. They can comeback anytime they want too! One thing they keep on about though, is Dark Sector 2.0, where they can beat on each other like in Paragon or Smite, overpowering each other, extracting tribute from players who use their Solar Rails, conquering one another's territories, and winning more Prime prizes and Platinum rewards, plus. So just to appease 'em, is Dark Sector 2.0 in the works, relatively soon, or is there still a wait on it?

2 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

9 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

I was hoping for it as a passive to kubrows and kavats as well, kubrows are all but forgotten it feels. 

Kinda wish they beefed Kubrow with something, Kubrow is rarely used much... both Kavat got the crit buffer (either flat crit chance buff or the one that have a chance to red crit buff), now sentinels got the vacuum built in passively (at least dethcube wont be as bad as it was searched in market with the term "bad"), Kubrow dont have much thing to be considered useful .-.

I Used to breed a lot of kubrows that would sell really well -since kavats -no one wants them because they don't have as much use on the battlefield anymore, whats the point in spending plat on a beauty if your not going to use it -a 7 foma kubrow is not as good as a 1-3 forma kavat. its sad. they really need some love putting into. 

1 minute ago, morningstar999 said:

I had  around 8+ friends that played regularly, now its just me and my partner (and even he doesn't care as much as me at this point), a few of them log in for the daily and the rare/odd game but most got board/stopped bothering since around the time war within was due originally, funnily enough I recon most would have carried on if it wasn't for the delays and the promise of real/new content and time soon went down the drain. 

Sounds about how it was for me. I had a group who played almost daily and stopped around the same time. It's truly a shame that things are happening as they are. But oh well, all we can do is post our opinions and hope the Devs and such hear us out. 

Didn't have Mag more or less 5m range with her passive bullet jump? xD

Nerfing vacuum so that its as good or as bad as a passive ability of a warframe. no wait its worse cause u can use kubrows and kavats and using something like vacuum. great change! (sarcasm sorry)

@[DE]Steve

The Vacuum Within: I really hope that you meant that all other Sentinels but Carrier will have the 5m vacuum range (Carrier will still maintain his range).

The WW release: more than a month away can also bite you back in the "badonkadonk", because while I understand, in my humble opinion, that you said that to ease some of the more impatient Tennos, it will start the discussion that more than a month away can mean from more than one month away to eternity.
If there is a chance for the developers to better explain these delays to the community, without giving away too much on the development of the WW quest, that could help you more on the long run.

And if you bring Umbra Frames, that can also renew some of the players faith on DE and help appease the veteran players (who are bored with nothing else to do), because these delays, the killing of the endless void missions and the impatience of some of my fellow Tenno, aren't helping the reputation of the game. 

My wish is that you deliver a hell of a [insert a expletive word] WW quest that will blow our minds more than Second Dream did, but your PR skills to handle this situation must be at your best endgame! 

I'm telling you this out of love, because your game rocks and don't let nobody tell you otherwise!

l46CdKhgRegTqUWFG.gif

PS: sorry for my English, not my first language.

Edited by Kalimeister
formatting

Just now, SchwarzeRitter said:

Yeah its so weird that people would rely on a huge quality of life increase in how to pick up loot in a game about picking up loot

Well i mostly run solo, and i do like to spend my time picking up stuff on my own (yeah i'm occupied by sculpture hunting so vacuum or not it's not really different)

What really concens me is the lack of sensitivity to players/customer feedback.

DE started nerfing. They even nerfed to endgame to ground. As a consequence there is a massive loss of players. Now it goes ahead. The reaction in this thread was predicable. Who is making such decisions which will effect the player base even more???

DE is going lost with clear sight.