Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

Just now, Zachles said:

Do you want them to coddle you? Cater to your every whim? Go do something else. Play another game. Find a job. Cry some more.

If you don't want to keep discussing you have the option to not post, a way more decent way to end a discussion than straight up insulting someone for no reason.

2 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters

5 meters is a rank 0 vac now according to wiki.

I bet you everyone is now going to be complaining about the range nerf and are going to ask for the 3 mod breakup.

"Wow, players really like the Vacuum, it seems the vast majority of our playerbase uses it!"

Normal person: "They probably use it for good reason, and everyone is saying it should be made universal to warframes because it makes the game more fun - it lets the players focus on gameplay instead of looking at ground, collecting scrap materials. We should probably make it baseline then!"

DE: "Let's make it universal but also nerf its range by 60%. Actually not universal, make it so it only still works on sentinels. And remove the mods so players can increase the range in any way, even on the Carrier. This will definitely be a popular decision, exactly what players wanted! It will make the game so much better!"

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Have you ever created a video game before? 

I don't believe that's the answer he was looking for. Also this isn't starting a video game from scratch is it. It's a quest which will last an hour at best, a few weapons, cosmetics and a new system/tileset. From Software have got their DLC out quicker than this.

Doesnt take a year for an update like this.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

I got really excited at first, but then noticed the range of 5 meters... not complaining, but can we get a mod to boost this range back to 12? The balance would be losing a mod slot for this and this way we still get the same efficiency as before so we can flip through rooms without running near everything.

Just now, LorianTheElderPrince said:

This isn't starting a video game from scratch is it. It's a quest which will last an hour at best, a few weapons, cosmetics and a new system/tileset. From Software have got their DLC out quicker than this.

Doesnt take a year for an update like this.

It's all dependent on the size of the development team. As far as I'm aware, DE is still rather small in terms of their main development team, so for something along the lines of what they're looking to create, it makes sense to me for it to take as long as it is taking.

Threads and thoughts like this are a symptom of the true problem.  That the core game loop isn't polished enough or refined enough to retain attention.  I would focus less on rushing to get new things and instead focus on the root of the problem, that of loose core gameplay.  

Edited by robbybe01234

@[DE]SteveI Feel this is a very lazy approach to a broader problem that is companions as a whole, where is the love for the kubrows and kavats who are horribly behind in terms of utility vs the sentinels.

Lets talk Vacuum;

why 5 meters?. Nerfs need to be had to vacuum to let other companions surface back into gameplay for sure, but 5 meters feels a bit too low esp how big certain maps can be huge and how alot of warframes and weapons kill in a large radius, has this been calculated with map designs?.

Kubrows are already underperforming as a whole, the only thing they have going for themselves is their tankyness in most gamemodes, their damage output is severely limited by by their AI and single target damage attacks, why not change that as well?. Why not add vacuum to kubrows?, wheres the support and quality of life changes you guys promised this year?..

In general this post just screams that you guys are in over your head in terms of gameplan, Analyzing your Summer will surely highlight this and i hope you will adapt to it the best you can, its a disgrace to see my favorite devellopper not being able to do what he wants to the most, and that is so make warframe as awesome as he can.

in the end i feel as a veteran you guys are at a turning point where warframe goes and probably cements its player basis, the choice is up to you but i would recommend more community input into changes like these because it affects all the players.

For the new content coming i know you guys do your best, just dont leave out the Content you already have, RECYCLING is KEY for stale periods like these.

Dear regards,

Derp.

Just now, Zia_Avenicia said:

It's all dependent on the size of the development team. As far as I'm aware, DE is still rather small in terms of their main development team, so for something along the lines of what they're looking to create, it makes sense to me for it to take as long as it is taking.

Size doesn't matter (Wink wink). It's the dedication and the speed someone is willing to work at. You could have a group of 100 lazy Devs and then you have a group of 50 highly motivated Devs. Which one comes out on top?

Honestly, I believe you guys are just messing with us at this point. Why is it so hard to implement a passive for not just sentinels, but kavats/kubrows as well? Not to mention, you made this new sentinel passive less than half the range of normal carrier.

Dont get me wrong, im glad you guys made it a passives to sentinels, but just why only sentinels? The hole idea was so that people could use their pets too, otherwise i dont feel like i have any reason to keep my pet out at all. At least its a step up from having 3 vacuum mods.

3 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

Awesome that you made vacuum universal (What is carriers thing now?) This is going to get people upset though as this would place War Within almost 4+ months off. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

That's a poor deflection for criticism.

Don't like a movie? Ever direct one? Hate a book? Where's your novel? You're allergic to dairy? Pshh whatever scrub. I'm eating a cheese sandwich right now.

LOL. 

I just wanted to know whether or not he has suffered the pain of writing out the code.  If you've done something like that before, then you would understand why it's taking an update like this so long to come out, especially for a small development team. 

Also, I just want to add, none of us work at DE and have no idea what is going behind the scenes.  So let's not get ourselves all wound up because it's taking "too long" for an update to come out. 

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis