Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

3 minutes ago, Deicidal said:

What about just prime warframes, that way it gives new people something to work towards getting, and it could possibly even help out the in game economy to some degree, good or bad, im not sure though.

I like this idea but still means frames with no primes are missing out. This is what I don't understand, there is NO disadvantage to making it a passive for all frames. Just make it a toggle for the small percentage of people who dont want it - done. 

Vacuum ain't broken, stop fixing it.

I don't mind that it's only on Sentinels. I don't mind that it's not inherent on Kubrows, Kavats, and all Warframes besides Mag. But good @(*()$ Christ c'mon, where and why must there be an incentive in making a productive change (expanding Vacuum beyond Carrier's exclusivity) while butting heads with the change and enacting a nerf as a sense of authoritative closure?! Vacuum is 12m at max rank, keep it at 12m for its universal Sentinel passive. Not 5m, nobody likes 5m, nobody cares about 5m, 5m is an unranked bronze Vacuum mod that would have incentivized any player that has it to max rank it asap to 12m and keep it there.

Seriously DE, put your pride aside for Vacuum and just keep it at 12m. Thanks.

I think it would be reasonable to give pets at least a mod or passive ability to collect loot with a 1-2 m range as they move around the area and only if they are not engaged in combat.
Cats and dogs pick up a lot of stuff too.

Edited by DamienDaredevil

This is really just depressing. I can understand 12 meters to 10 at the least 9, but 5? That is just as silly as mags passive which is aegueable more useless than Oberons passive. This will be more annoying due to not getting drops through walls or in glitched spots. This universal Vaccum should be on WARFRAMES, to allow viability to Kubrows Kavats and Sentinels. I thought universal vaccum could allow me to use prisma shade or my 7 forma smeeta, but now? I am back to using carrier because Shade is too squishy, and the precept for ammo conversion is much better than shade besides spy/rescue/stealth farming. No love for cats or dogs so those are only going to be used on fissures if I ever need traces (news flash I don't since I get jack squat from radiants).

I ask that you make it warframe passive please and rework mags to something actually useful 

4 hours ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Its still a nerf to Vacuum. The current one is 10-12 meters.

I hope that Carrier will bring the Vacuum range to those values.

12m+ vacuum is the reason Carrier is the #1 most loved most fun companion in this game by a huge margin.

Why would DE want to nerf fun?

Bizarre.

Put full current vacuum on all companions.

It's that simple.

From 12m to 5m? So over a 60% reduction. But wait, it gets worse! That's only the radius. Imaging you're jumping around and actually being a ninja, and then you land on the ground to collect some stuff before bullet-jumping away. A 12m range would cover an area of about 452 square meters on the floor around you. With a 5m range, that area drops to less than 79 square meters. That's 17% of the original area. Yep, surprise! Enjoy running around like an idiot who dropped a contact lens even more than before if you want any of that loot.

Top stuff.

Just now, NightBlitz said:

5m is the base range of vacuum as it is now, most people just dont use it at rank 0. and i disagree, it shouldnt be built into the warframes, what if someone doesnt want it? you can choose to not use a sentinel, you cant choose to not use a warframe

give me a reason to not use vaccum and I can maybe see your reasoning.

yep. well clearly theres more internally than whats been put out there or this would never be the result of all that.

all the non replenishing endless mission punishing work on the breakables for resource types.

the statues and stars in the same category.

no solar rail battles.

the entire fissure .. thing.

more hit key to pickup stuff.

and then the vacuum setup leading into a reduction in range such that its only 3 meters larger than the default pickup radius which isn't enough to work consistently across latencies as is, while being so much less overall?

yeah where can we buy in to a server cluster that is running pre spectres of the rail patch version so i can go there until you guys actually finish, and these broken game microsteps actually get the rest put out that makes them somewhat sane looking instead of just broken or less than before. this whole degradation of game by partial patch toward some new design thing is actually souring the entire thing nastily.

no i'm quite serious. 

what do we have to pay to get access to a more coherent game state of prior patches to work with until you actually finish?

its not a jab or jibe, its a serious question. the current patch rolls are making the game an unpleasant mess relying on hyped micropatching  carry it, which for whatever reason the delays are happening isn't necessarily your fault.

likewise that it sucks to experience vs a staple and more coherent game state one was enjoying .

so rather than argue every piecemeal bit or decision or rant away about it all bit by bit, i'm just saying it.

if this was a boxed title instead of online only i'd have done it myself and sat on a prior patch until it all sorts out then tried once it was done.

can't do that. so again, what'll it cost to get that facilitated.

6 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This is really just depressing. I can understand 12 meters to 10 at the least 9, but 5? That is just as silly as mags passive which is aegueable more useless than Oberons passive. This will be more annoying due to not getting drops through walls or in glitched spots. This universal Vaccum should be on WARFRAMES, to allow viability to Kubrows Kavats and Sentinels. I thought universal vaccum could allow me to use prisma shade or my 7 forma smeeta, but now? I am back to using carrier because Shade is too squishy, and the precept for ammo conversion is much better than shade besides spy/rescue/stealth farming. No love for cats or dogs so those are only going to be used on fissures if I ever need traces (news flash I don't since I get jack squat from radiants).

DE from the community: make it warframe passive please and rework mags to something actually useful 

I'm sorry but I tend to think Oberon got the worst passive of every frame and if any passive needs reworked it's his. Also I like that the vacuum is being made passive for sentinels as per my opinion.

9 hours ago, yingji said:

12m+ vacuum is the reason Carrier is the #1 most loved most fun companion in this game by a huge margin.

Why would DE want to nerf fun?

Bizarre.

Put full current vacuum on all companions.

It's that simple.

put it on frames, then you help Archwing mode too.

Universal Vacuum and The Index should have waited until after The War Within.  I was going to buy some platinum and some TennoGen skins, but what's the point anymore?  I'm extremely worried about the future of DE at this point.  This is not something that can be done with a free-to-play game.  No content=no desire to give money.  What happened?  Last we heard TWW was aimed for end of September.  

Edited by JMP3

The community complains that everyone uses Carrier and wants universal vacuum. When they get it they complain that its not good enough. 

The whole reason everyone used Carrier in the first place is that it was so far and away better than not having vacuum. Now the playing field is leveled and people are saying it's not good enough. 

4 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

give me a reason to not use vaccum and I can maybe see your reasoning.

Often I find when I use Carrier the items bunch up and obscure my vision. This is more frequent on laggy connections, but even on good ones it happens. 

Why not have the passive vacuum be built into all the companions with a set range of 10m? It doesn't have to be 12m anymore if you feel that distance is too far but 10m would still give players the range to pickup things they are jumping over while using the aerial movement system. If the dev team feels the need to tie vacuum into keeping your companion alive for some arbitrary reason then just make vacuum a companion passive instead of a sentinel or Warframe passive. By keeping the range short and limiting it to sentinels only, all this will do is cause maybe 10% players to branch out to the other sentinel types for some variety, approximately 1% will change to kubrow and kavats because they get zero vacuum anyway and vacuum overall took a range nerf, but the other 89% will still stay with Carrier assuming it keeps the original range or it can mod back to original range. The fact of the matter is that the vacuum function is basically a requirement in order to effectively use the aerial movement system while playing in the first place. However if you drop the range to 5m all your going to do is force everyone to walk on the ground all mission long just to keep stocked with ammo and energy because it wont be possible to get anymore while hopping along the walls and flying through the air like the game was designed for. Good game design shouldn't cause a player to have to sacrifice aerial movement to support a nerf to loot range when its such a core tactical mechanic for the player to have fun with.

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

The community complains that everyone uses Carrier and wants universal vacuum. When they get it they complain that its not good enough.

Keep in mind that DE's Vacuum rework proposal does not fit what the majority of the community envisioned. Plus, their proposal will alienate Kubrows and Kavats.

It's still all on paper though, so the uproar is minimal.

5 metres passive is not very much. I wonder if Carrier will get a greater passive vaccuum...

The only reason I can think of why you would not want vaccuum is for certain strategic reasons (you have an equilibrium build and intentionally want to wait before getting a red orb so as to use it for energy later on). 

But I very much agree with the original poster. This is going to painful getting used to 5 meters....

Other companions are viable, people just can´t quit the extreme efficiency provided by vacuum, I don´t care for vacuum, and I don´t need it on my frames, I have 3 years worth of picking my resources, with 4 extractors running every day, I have no use for it, not do I want a bunch of trash floating behind me.