Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

@[DE]Steve thanks for the update.

Passive innate vacuum is logical and welcome, reducing range not so much.

1) please confirm that Carrier owners (or any Sentinel) can mod their vacuum range back to 12m?

2) if users are not able to mod vacuum range back to 12m, please explain why nerfing the range aligns with stated goals of making all Sentinels viable. 

Thank you kindly.

2 minutes ago, Imaru said:

So, with universal vacuum now, what does that make the best sentinel?

Carrier still. Carrier will have a base pickup range of 5m, which when added to vacuum's range will be 17m instead of 12m. Carrier always win. 

34 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

This week on PC we bring you 'The Vacuum Within'. To be fair you've been waiting longer for this than the War Within, so maybe this is the real best of the year deploy. No, we're not having 3 Mods make up Vacuum. We changed it. Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters which in practice looks something like this WIP (pro-Lotus skills hitting an enemy behind the locked door):

Thank you!

Eventually we'll wear you down to having it baseline on all companions, but sometime after War Within :)

And thanks for the update.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to 'The Vacuum Within' this week.

I never asked for this (tm).
More to it, this is a… Well let's not get this one deleted.  A bad idea.
One that like the “Void killwork” will come to you in 3-4 months like a revelation that “something is wrong here”.

On PC, you can look forward to  'The Index' in October.

Don't know. Don't care.
I got all the Kurias last year, this year I could not force myself to get the Cephalon fragments. If you expect me to farm for Index in 2017 you are wrong.

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away

I have nothing constructive or even civil to offer you. Sorry.

I'm sorry but this is past the point of ridiculous. If and thats a big IF, TWW releases in november I will only be logging in for rewards, other games are coming out and my job ramps up in November with some great overtime, will want to play those first. Index? I hate rathuum, I'm not building chroma or saryn because it's stupid, new Kela boss fight however was great.

Thats the negative, now heres the positive, I like the change to vacuum though the range is shorter than id like but still good. Also mentioning after TWW you will be looking into the splitting of updates and breaking it down and seeing what was good and bad about it for the future is great. Much bourbon, have as much as you like, but don't overdo it =p

As always, good luck and have fun everyone.

more then a month away. While I'm glad you are addressing everyone and all. I've kind of lost all hype for TWW, like I'm not even a lick excited. Personally, I feel you guys should never split an update like this again. All of the content felt half baked, and would have been more impactful if it all actually came out closer together like it was supposed to. Also lunaro should never have been a stand alone update. Mainly because the Conclave has fallen back into being an unbalanced mess that isn't fun to play/didn't give enough standing per match played. But I digress. Still love ya DE, just very tired and disappointed about how this update was handled.

1 minute ago, Pyus said:

Carrier still. Carrier will have a base pickup range of 5m, which when added to vacuum's range will be 17m instead of 12m. Carrier always win. 

I may have misunderstood, but I think that Carrier's precept will be reworked to provide additional ammo to you and/or act as an ammo mutation mod for weapons. 

54 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.

This is ridiculous. Why is DE sending e-mails to youtubers to hype and "prepare" us for TWW now, if the actual update is gonna be like in December? Why are you teasing already frustrated playerbase? TWW will be crushed by the hype, if ever gets released. 

By the way, what about Umbra? And that infested door that annoys me from March? They won`t be released this year, right?

To be fair: thank you for letting us know, and thank you for not completely ruining vacuum.

Good luck.

Edited by DavyGhost

All Sentinels having inherent vacuum is a lot better compromise than the previous splitting into three mods, but why not just go all the way and make Vacuum inherent to the Warframes themselves? 

That way whenever the game decides to 1-shot your Sentinel to oblivion, you still have Vacuum and nothing special needs to be done with Kubrows and Kavats. 

We appreciate the hard work... but it sounds like you guys bit off more than you could chew. And you keep sailing past deadlines. Now you won't even come close to giving a hard deadline for The War Within anymore, we are looking at more than another month at least. This makes me nervous... just how much are you guys riding on this one single cinematic quest? What if you take so long that it isn't enough to bring enough players back? 

Don't get me wrong, I will be back for The War Within however long it takes, but I am currently on hiatus from the game (not even logging in and out) because I am just that burnt out on it. I was a super daily player for a long time, too. 

I'm not angry, nor am I in any way trying to demean all the effort and passion you guys put into the game. But I feel like feature creep is making things more and more difficult for the dev team to keep up with everything. Kavats, Lunaro, I could go on and on. So many entirely new segments being added to the game. Segments that need regular bug fixes, and balancing changes, and reworks, and everything else. And on top of constantly maintaining and upgrading and fixing all of these current segments, you still bring us regular tactical alerts, and new weapons, and warframes, and primes, and awesome cinematic quests. On top of that you keep adding entirely new game segments. Please, take a break on the new game segments like Lunaro, Kavats, etc. for a while. This is why you guys can't keep up with your deadlines for the cinematic quest. 

You guys are incredible at what you do, but no dev team of your size can expect to keep up with all of the current game segments on a regular basis, continue to produce all of the regular tactical alerts/quests/new weapons/frames etc. and keep constantly adding new segments, all at the same time, without either quality suffering, or updating in general slowing down to a snail's pace. There is only so much time in the day even if you guys are burning yourselves out (and knowing the gaming industry, ya'll probably are). Please, give yourselves a break. Stop adding new segments to the game for a while and focus on the ones that are here... you need the rest DE employees. 

Only Sentinels ? Just 5 meters range and No Vacuum for Pets ?

WHY ?

We need "12 meters" Vacuum on all frames so we can use Parkour without stopping to pick up loot.

Do you even play your own game?

Edited by inariwan

I'm happy this time you actually said a timespan you're sure of; "more than a month" rather than saying the immediate next, this way no one can automatically assume a release date earlier than the fact. I'm just hoping an update like 19 never happens again.

I won't express any disappointment (as if vocalizing immense negativity is TOTALLY going to boost morale and make the process so much easier for you). The only thing I can and want to do is wish you the best of luck in the following weeks. I'll continue to play Warframe and show my support.

Edited by LazerSkink