Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caustacyst

ShikaRoddy

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Convectrix deals slash damage despite being a laser weapon

Slash damage is typically interpreted as damage that produces long (usually, but not necessarily, shallow) wounds that are difficult to close due to their length, which is perfectly doable with a laser.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Phage spreads disease with... a laser...

A magnetic containment field for charged viral matter doesn't seem terribly far-fetched.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Destreza is a puncture melee weapon that deals most damage as slash.

You mean Slash procs. Slash procs are simply used to represent bleeding damage, which shouldn't be out of the ordinary for a rapier.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Scythe stances are garbage, Caustacyst is a status weapon, with the swing speed of a shovel.

Stalking Fan. (Primed) Fury. Oh, look at that, the weapon swings just as fast as every other weapon that matters all of a sudden, after their speed has been increased.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

the only thing made it worth charging up was the projectile that inflicted slash proc.

Oh, yeah. That was the only thing. I mean, the status procs and the blind that stops enemies in their tracks? That was nothing. That doesn't matter at all. Nah. Just that slash proc. Just that one specific element of the weapon. Everything else? Terrible. Garbage.

Scythes are now garbage despite having been competitive and fine since they got a slight buff a little while ago, guys. You heard it here, first.

59 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Stalking Fan. (Primed) Fury. Oh, look at that, the weapon swings just as fast as every other weapon that matters all of a sudden, after their speed has been increased.

Oh, yeah. That was the only thing. I mean, the status procs and the blind that stops enemies in their tracks? That was nothing. That doesn't matter at all. Nah. Just that slash proc. Just that one specific element of the weapon. Everything else? Terrible. Garbage.

Scythes are now garbage despite having been competitive and fine since they got a slight buff a little while ago, guys. You heard it here, first.

Everything except blade storm and Synoid simulor are garbage in this game you noob.

Just now, tnccs215 said:

Everything except blade storm and Synoid simulor are garbage in this game you noob.

u wana fite m8 say it 2 my face not online nub lmfao

For real, though, it's such a dumb realization to look at everything in the game that isn't considered garbage by tryhards and realize that only, like, 4 things exist in that category.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

Slash damage is typically interpreted as damage that produces long (usually, but not necessarily, shallow) wounds that are difficult to close due to their length, which is perfectly doable with a laser.

A magnetic containment field for charged viral matter doesn't seem terribly far-fetched.

You mean Slash procs. Slash procs are simply used to represent bleeding damage, which shouldn't be out of the ordinary for a rapier.

And Caustacyst's projectile is actually sharp and can cause bleeding wounds... on robotic enemies, through shield and armor, because mental gymnastics help me prove my point no matter the stretch I have to make. "Idk, space magic." is just as valid and takes less time to write, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Oh, yeah. That was the only thing. I mean, the status procs and the blind that stops enemies in their tracks? That was nothing. That doesn't matter at all. Nah. Just that slash proc. Just that one specific element of the weapon. Everything else? Terrible. Garbage

I mean yeah, it kind of was. It was the addition of said slash status that worked so well in tandem with the blind aspect. The slash essentially and inadvertently increased the damage of the corrosive proc, which is why those traits made the weapon a well designed weapon imho, because it worked around the mechanics of how melee excels in Warframe.

And the people claiming how they looked at the weapon and instantly knew that the slash proc was unintended, I would like to respectfully call BS because until they took it away, most people thought it was it's core mechanic in play.

So long story short, @Zyrgi was right. Scythes aren't all that good right now barring several, which isn't saying a lot since there aren't that many and even the ones that are don't see frequent use since most other melees do the job better. The Caustacyst added something new to the apparent small list of scythes we do have and built it on what makes melee so good and last but not least, made a charge attack viable other than using a glaive, mios or Zenistar, but it's saving graces were taken, now its damage is negligible, until somebody finds someway for it to work effectively, that is if they can.

not a very consistent comparison to make, since people that would buy for Plat probably do so regardless of effect on the first day.
vs people buying for Plat forever after.

18 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

So the all corrosive weapon produces a slash status base effect on charge attack.I'm curious how no one questioned how it made sense why it inflicted bleed

because this Community is addicted to and relies on constant powercrepe.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

Scythes aren't all that good right now barring several,

"Several." Define several. There are, what, 5? Each of them are able to stand on their own as decent weapons, with the Hate and Caustacyst standing at the top of the pack as a crit and slash viable weapon and a 100% status elemental weapon, respectively.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

but it's saving graces were taken, now its damage is negligible

It can reach 100% status, oh my god. It not only can cause a status proc, but it can also halt entire platoons of enemies in their tracks. Who gives a crap about the loss of a slash proc? It's a melee weapon with both short and long ranged utility that also happens to look good and is fun to use.

But nah, man, that slash proc was its saving grace. That was the only thing that made it worth using. Probably dropped your Tonkor and S.Simulor when the insta-headshots were taken away.

build for gas, use any blind/sleep effect, and laugh maniacally. also charge shots are still exceptionally potent, even more so at a 3x multiplier. add onto that a channeled charge shot on a blinded enemy.....lol......seeing as the projectile carries the modded damage types as well one can effectively nuke an area just by holding the charge attack, of well over 400 level enemies. the thing is still a monster. just because it's not doing slash procs anymore doesn't mean it's lost it's high tier usefulness.

Edited by ObviousLee

24 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

"Several." Define several. There are, what, 5? Each of them are able to stand on their own as decent weapons, with the Hate and Caustacyst standing at the top of the pack as a crit and slash viable weapon and a 100% status elemental weapon, respectively.

It can reach 100% status, oh my god. It not only can cause a status proc, but it can also halt entire platoons of enemies in their tracks. Who gives a crap about the loss of a slash proc? It's a melee weapon with both short and long ranged utility that also happens to look good and is fun to use.

But nah, man, that slash proc was its saving grace. That was the only thing that made it worth using. Probably dropped your Tonkor and S.Simulor when the insta-headshots were taken away.

Now the Tonkor and Simulor jab was unwarranted, but funny nonetheless :) I just appreciated those two mechanics working in tandem with one another, being built innately in a melee, it was interesting to see.

You're right, several was a stretch, there's not enough for there to be that many. We have the Ether Reaper, Reaper Prime, Hate, Anku and now the Caustacyst. Lets just cast out the Ether Reaper since nobody would wholeheartedly gravitate towards it because of its high damage -_- Next is the Anku. Decent weapon, but Hate outclasses it, why, higher base criticals. Then there's the Reaper Prime. An alternative to Hate if someone doesn't have it. Although they do stand on their own, powercreep gets them from seeing any legitimate usage.

Yes, it most certainly does have that platoon-halting alt fire, it's fun to see. And be as it may, that same utility can be found on something that can also deal a decent amount of damage and it's called the Zenistar.

100 status proccing on a mediocre charge doesn't seem worth it to me Don't get me wrong, I'll still use it but I won't take it seriously until I can find a use for it, since I do try to give each weapon a chance. Just, others are looking a little better right now.

1 minute ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

Now the Tonkor and Simulor jab was unwarranted, but funny nonetheless :) I just appreciated those two mechanics working in tandem with one another, being built innately in a melee, it was interesting to see.

You're right, several was a stretch, there's not enough for there to be that many. We have the Ether Reaper, Reaper Prime, Hate, Anku and now the Caustacyst. Lets just cast out the Ether Reaper since nobody would wholeheartedly gravitate towards it because of its high damage -_- Next is the Anku. Decent weapon, but Hate outclasses it, why, higher base criticals. Then there's the Reaper Prime. An alternative to Hate if someone doesn't have it. Although they do stand on their own, powercreep gets them from seeing any legitimate usage.

Yes, it most certainly does have that platoon-halting alt fire, it's fun to see. And be as it may, that same utility can be found on something that can also deal a decent amount of damage and it's called the Zenistar.

100 status proccing on a mediocre charge doesn't seem worth it to me Don't get me wrong, I'll still use it but I won't take it seriously until I can find a use for it, since I do try to give each weapon a chance. Just, others are looking a little better right now.

see my above post

2 hours ago, Divinehero said:

i guarantee if DE stopped fixing bugs that made weapons OP ppl would eventually start crying the game is too easy

I've been crying about this for years. ;_;

Instead of complaining that 95% of content is brain-dead easy, people pretend that level 70+ enemies are the only content that matters and are obsessed with legitimizing broken systems that they need bandaids and quasi-cheats to compete with at that level.

29 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Instead of complaining that 95% of content is brain-dead easy, people pretend that level 70+ enemies are the only content that matters and are obsessed with legitimizing broken systems that they need bandaids and quasi-cheats to compete with at that level.

same here. it kinda feels like people expect to win at everything forever. this aint a powerthirst commercial folks, this is warframe. you are supposed to have fail potentials in the game. but even then it's still a damned monster, easily one of the top melee's in the game now.

4 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

I just wanted to add that Nova's Null Star procs/deals Slash damage for being gravitating tiny balls that revolve around Nova until an enemy comes into her CQC range. Personally, I find that weird, that the ability in question should either deal Puncture or Impact damage.

But hey, "Idk, Space Magic, I guess."

21 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

same here. it kinda feels like people expect to win at everything forever. this aint a powerthirst commercial folks, this is warframe. you are supposed to have fail potentials in the game. but even then it's still a damned monster, easily one of the top melee's in the game now.

I'm pretty sure if it had been released as it currently is, people would say it was strong. But because there was a change shortly after release, there must be some evil plot by DE to make the tenno as weak as possible.

Personally I don't mind, though. It'll just be one more cool thing that I get to play with but for some reason most people don't really know about.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I'm pretty sure if it had been released as it currently is, people would say it was strong. But because there was a change shortly after release, there must be some evil plot by DE to make the tenno as weak as possible.

Personally I don't mind, though. It'll just be one more cool thing that I get to play with but for some reason most people don't really know about.

i didn't even notice it had a slash proc till the change notes, so i was pretty ignorant of the borked feature. still did baller in the index.

11 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Ember isn't problematic. At all.

For real though, I love how this community expects this game to be "challenging" while still maintaining herculean levels of powercrepe. They're two contradictory expectations by design.

I mean sure, DE sometimes looks like they don't know wtf they're doing, releasing the stradavar with a base MR of 8; and the Gazal Machete being another somewhat sub par weapon (not the worst though. Finally a Machete that isn't the biggest trash). But the community's incessant demand for powercreep is the first and foremost reason why nullifiers exist, and why the game goes from unchallengingly easy to unchallengingly hard.

Hell, I've seen generally reliable YouTubers defending powercreep, acting as if it was somehow a legitimate playstyle (you have Tank, Support, Offensive, and Powercreep), and acting not only as if giving played the tools to trivialize a multiplayer f2p looting game didn't completely messed with its balance ("lmao you don't have to use galatine prime XD"), but as if anyone's defense that powercreep is bad was a personal attack to ones freedom of playstyle.

It's ironic really. I mean, it's not like DE is ever going to introduce mechanics that allow the prevalence of powercreep while indirectly reducing its relative overpoweredness at the expense of every other playstyle, right?

Right?

Not to mention the selfcenteredness of most' defendants PoV:

Real player met before:"Oh, T4 enemy damage is perfectly reasonable. Indeed, I think it's th only true challenge in the game. I love to do long survivals on it"

Me:"What is the Warframe you use?"

RPmb: "Chroma"

ARGH.

Edited by tnccs215

57 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

but as if anyone's defense that powercreep is bad was a personal attack to ones freedom of playstyle.

It's ironic really. I mean, it's not like DE is ever going to introduce mechanics that allow the prevalence of powercreep while indirectly reducing its relative overpoweredness at the expense of every other playstyle, right?

This part felt highlighted to my eyes.

Players talking about how nerfing the broken weapons are going to ruin their playstyle. Their freedom.

They wanna wreck tons of enemies easily? There's lvl 15-30 enemies for them to mop the floor with. Don't complain if it gets hard by the time it reaches lvl 50 because it's supposed to get harder to kill them at that point.

1 hour ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Players talking about how nerfing the broken weapons are going to ruin their playstyle. Their freedom.

This is typically a euphemism for "don't nerf my easy/afk/exploit farming."  Fake rewards > gameplay.  This has been a debate since the beginning of Damage 2.0, and the gameplay side has been losing constantly since then.  DE doesn't seem to notice, even while they claim to be working on it.  

Edited by RealPandemonium