The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....Yet Another Polearm

GinKenshin

How Tenno, 

I was on FB and saw a post from the WF page, it's about the new weapons coming with TWW.

There was what it looked like dual sidearm shotguns, awesome

There was a shotgun primary, great! 

And there was a polearm......Again 

I don't know if DE knows this, but there's like 20+ melee classes. Maybe it's because polearms are easier to come up with, or they're saving something special for other updates, or because the new grineer guards use a polearm (didn't look closely, but they do have a weapon that looks like it) and even if this weapon has a very awesome mechanic, all of these I'll personally disregard because this is just getting boring 

We got like 5-6 polearm this year, although they're good and have fun mechanics, the stances are just too bad to even use the class. There basically the same. I know DE said that after TWW they'll maybe work on a new polearm stance but it's still boring getting more and more attention to a specific class 

People say "just spam the quick attack" but that's boring as hell, I mean stuff like fragor p, galatine p, nikana p, these wouldn't be fun and powerful without great stances to back them up

What do you think guys? Are you gonna still use this even if it's melee class is totally boring or just gonna go for the maybe new mechanic or good stats? 

Thank you ^^ 

There's akimbo pistols. Not Shotgun style, just semi-auto, as they are described as being sniping pistols. The primary is a grenade/missile launcher of sorts, and yes, another polearm.

I would think the polearm is more for the grineer aesthetics not really for giving us more weapon types, as its used by the main guard of the twin queens, so it looks more royal guard esc than a piddly little sword or a pair of fists.

15 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I really hope it comes with a new stance. Otherwise I won't bother, the current stances kill polearms for me.

Yeah,at least Shimmering Blight felt too tedious for any longer run. You need to spam click it very carefully for the flow not to be interrupted. Some polearms are pretty good quick-melee weapons though.

Well I kind of have to disagree. I find the polearm class of weapons (especially with the shimmering blight stance) to be the most fun weapons in the game. They have good range, really good damage, theres a variety of them allowing you to make elemental, status, or crit focused weapons.

That said, if you believe that we could use less polearms and more weaponry that puts different classes of weapons (machate, single sword, etc) more in line with the large variety polearms present then yes Ill agree with that.