The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you believe the wait was worth it? (Spoilers?)

AnOldAlias

I personally do. It may've been quite a long damn time but.. Man, you can just feel the love in this update. You really can.

We all love you, [DE]. If this is the amount of creativity we can keep expecting from you from here on out, hell, you got yourself a player for life.
Just try not to make it to long each time, eh? :p

No. I hate that every time I want to play a new update I have to figure out how to reconfigure my controller to get it useful again. I hate that Warframe is a console game too, but I can't use my controller to play effectively. The tooltips all show keyboard and mouse functions and several of the 'new' abilities, I can't trigger from my controller. Also, I didn't get to finish the quest because once again, an update was released and is now crashing me every time I log back in. I'm tired of buggy updates I have to wait for a week to be able to play. I can't log in to do anything right now because the second I do, TWW attempts to load and crashes me back out. Full controller support should mean full controller support. Releases should be announced when they're ready, not when they're 'close' and then get feature creep at the last hour that [DE]lays the release for (at minimum) half a day. I get what the devs were trying to do here, but I'm really really really tired and disappointed in the results.

28 minutes ago, NDarkstar said:

No. I hate that every time I want to play a new update I have to figure out how to reconfigure my controller to get it useful again. I hate that Warframe is a console game too, but I can't use my controller to play effectively. The tooltips all show keyboard and mouse functions and several of the 'new' abilities, I can't trigger from my controller. Also, I didn't get to finish the quest because once again, an update was released and is now crashing me every time I log back in. I'm tired of buggy updates I have to wait for a week to be able to play. I can't log in to do anything right now because the second I do, TWW attempts to load and crashes me back out. Full controller support should mean full controller support. Releases should be announced when they're ready, not when they're 'close' and then get feature creep at the last hour that [DE]lays the release for (at minimum) half a day. I get what the devs were trying to do here, but I'm really really really tired and disappointed in the results.

Sorry about your experience, are you getting a crash report ######? We'd like to help fix that.

I'm enjoying the update up to the part I've gotten to ( WAR-1095092  for my recurrent crash that I can't get past) but, I feel like they did let quite a few progression stopping bugs get through. In my playthrough, I've now ran into two of them, with others reporting at least a third.

No, it was too short. The quest was great and everything, but DE hyped it up to be this massive quest which was much much longer than second dream, but it wasn't. In fact it seemed to be even shorter than the second dream which is just disappointing to say the least.

Edited by R1L3Z

33 minutes ago, NDarkstar said:

There might be something else going on with your PC.  I use a controller and have no problems what so ever with TWW update. 

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

There might be something else going on with your PC.  I use a controller and have no problems what so ever with TWW update. 

No, I had the same issue. The crouch button doesn't work for the new mechanic if you use "Hold to Crouch" rather than "Toggle Crouch". Also you have to press 5 on the keyboard to activate the feature rather than having a button on the controller, or using the Focus ability button.

@[DE]Rebecca

Im up to part where operator is back in ship after the caves journey and im stuck at the screen saying Press 5 to use transference. I press and it doesnt work. Pressing ESC does not show menu and i cant change key binding.   The way its set up,  the number keys 'select the power' and mouse scroll up actually uses it. I tried pressing 5 and scroll up but doesnt work either.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

43 minutes ago, Synpai said:

This choice is stressing me out. Dont want a repeat of last time.

Yupp, I have no idea what my choices even impacted (did not tell me anything at the end of the quest), I guess we'll see. :/

Other than that, really good quest and story tbh, with a few annoying gamepley segments *cough* golden maw's *cough*.

Sorry but this quest is bad by many standards. This quest could of been good as the second dream. But instead the quest feels like a mix of many different type of games into one. For instance the Golden Maw is a example that is not needed for this game nor does it fit. its mechanics are broken and there is no clear way of " Getting past it " Unless you try and try over and over again. This just creates frustration as it seems it does not follow its own rules.

Than its the fact you cant abort in any part of the mission. Yep you cant it seems. I had to alt tab and close the program because it does not let you leave. No idea what will happen now but its very frustrating.

Even all the months this quest feels rushed although it looks stunning. I am left with more Frustration than anything else. the Archwing part of the mission is just stupid. I will not spoil it but please DE.. Make it that more than one appears because its no fun when you cant progress because there is no ship..

I give this quest a 4/`10.. it was stunning but way way to frustrating 

I don't have the war within on ps4 yet. I watched the stream, I think it will be well worth it from what I've seen. Yall doing a great job. I'm a graphic Designer I wish you guys could make a team here in Atlanta, GA to help you out in Warframe development for new storyline.

Spoiler

I loved it. I'm a bit more confused than I was before, though. So many questions. What was up with controlling the Maws? When will that happen again? How exactly did those choices affect me? I don't see the impact. I need some sort of explanation of the story. It seemed like it was trying to explain a bit about the Zariman 10-0 and what happened before, and then how that related to Margulis, but I honestly didn't feel like it really clearly told us what was happening. I feel like the quest did a lot, but I honestly have no idea what it did.

Edited by CoRRh

24 minutes ago, R1L3Z said:

No, it was too short. The quest was great and everything, but DE hyped it up to be this massive quest which was much much longer than second dream, but it wasn't. In fact it seemed to be even shorter than the second dream which is just disappointing to say the least.

This is exactly how I felt honestly. I didn't rush through and by the time I knew it it was over and I'm left thinking "This is really what they worked on for this year"? But hey to each their own.