Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS (MAYBE)] How do you explain yourself to people who haven't completed Second Dream + The War Within?

--GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

What I mean is... what if you accidentally show your operator in front of someone who has not completed the two quests. In my case I have never let a newb Tenno see my operator, as I always go behind a wall or rock and use focus. I try to avoid spoiling the game for anyone as much as possible..

But if they were to see me... I guess I would tell them it's a Darvo Agent or something?

How would you handle it or how have you already handled it?

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

With crashing disappointment in the spoiler.  Thats how i had part of TWW spoiled for me while i was running missions to open the sedna junction. If they literally do not know you tell them they need to do the quest and that saying anything more is a spoiler.

The War Within loading screen shows the Operator, so I think players who haven't done Second Dream have already been spoiled the moment they launch the game.

Operator suits in the Market, the recent Prime Access Accessories, there are spoilers everywhere o3o

For me though, I bound my Focus/Operator key to O instead of 5, so I don't accidentally cancel all my frames' active abilities and pop my kid out of thin air.

Edited by PsiWarp

So far I was spotted by pre-TSD+TWW players using operator twice. First one was "Ugh, careful with these, guys. They hit so hard they made me spit myself". This one made our MR1 Excalibur almost suicide by trying to tank the Bombard (yes, he took it seriously...)

Another time I said "Halp! I got sucked into the game! Uh, it's cold in here..." (It was on Corpus wintry base tileset (Sechura/Pluto)

I don't. I look at players mastery ranks. If they're beneath 10 - 12 I assume they don't have the quests finished so I hold off on using it ever. Unfortunately one issue is I've seen a lot of new players who come in fresh and get into games with higher level players who just spam their focus as soon as its ready without thinking in front of new players. ranging from mr 0 - 5

18 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

What I mean is... what if you accidentally show your operator in front of someone who has not completed the two quests. In my case I have never let a newb Tenno see my operator, as I always go behind a wall or rock and use focus. I try to avoid spoiling the game for anyone as much as possible..

But if they were to see me... I guess I would tell them it's a Darvo Agent or something?

I look at their MR and if it's 7-10 I don't use it unless I see them use it, I absolutely don't use it around people under MR 5. I sometimes go off into another room and use it to activate my passive. 

Once I did it on accident around an MR 6 and immediately asked them if they'd done Second Dream, they said they hadn't. My response:

Image result for you didn't see anything

i usually take a look at their mastery level, if it is below a certain point (4-5) i don't use my focus ability, if it is below 8-12 i don't use my transference ability.

no real way to tell if they have played the quests or not, but i usually assume this is a good way to gauge if they might have played it.

Edited by lightdragon64
hit the go button too quick

You can currently use their profile to tell if they've completed the quests.

Pre-Second Dream:  Warframe only

Second Dream Completed:  Warframe and Operator

War Within Completed:  Warframe, Operator, and Alignment

50 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Tells them it's a bug / glitch when the load out have not been updated and it's the default model for frames. 

I've been on the other end of this as I personally only finished The Second Dream the night before last. So that's 900 hours I've been playing this game before I did it. For the latter half of that time I had occasionally seen the silly little angel thing pop out of people's warframes. Thing is, it never once piqued my curiosity. I never thought to ask. I guess I just assumed it was one of the abilities of a warframe I didn't own, as there are many. People in general don't use that little angel much, probably because it's just another bolted-on gameplay tweak that is generally unwelcome and makes no sense (like Archwing?) or perhaps because it just kinda sucks (as I have discovered now that I can do it for myself). So basically players who don't have it don't see it that often.

The little kid from TWW is even moreso kept under wraps because it's another piece of bolted-on nonsense that I don't believe anyone would be likely to use, except in those extremely tedious situations where questionable game design forces you to use it.

Edited by GhostlightX

9 hours ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

I don't waste time going into hiding before using focus as my constantly stealthed non-stealth frames should rise questions anyway. Most Warframe players aren't very talkative anyway and I never got asked about the one or the other.

Should someone ever ask I'll ask him back how much he wants to know - all or just the general direction.

I don't handle it because I just play as normal.

I certainly don't think 'oh wow might wanna go hide behind something like some sort of superhero so they don't see me!'. I don't feel inclined to always consider walking on eggshells or stressing about spoilers. If you start doing that you'll always be doing it.

I usually deploy my focus ability to just get the passives and if necessary, quickly heal others and then close it.

I've only ever had person ask what my Operator was and that was just after the release of the second dream. I just told him to play the second dream.

Edited by Naith

1- I don't bother much with the Second Dream's 5. Before I did Second Dream, I was a complete noob and was assuming it was some Chroma's 4 or any other spell I was not aware of.

2- I don't use my TWW's 5 at all if I'm not in a full clan mission. Why ? Because it's useless anyway. I only use it for the lulz with my mates, nothing serious.

12 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

The War Within loading screen shows the Operator, so I think players who haven't done Second Dream have already been spoiled the moment they launch the game.

Operator suits in the Market, the recent Prime Access Accessories, there are spoilers everywhere o3o

For me though, I bound my Focus/Operator key to O instead of 5, so I don't accidentally cancel all my frames' active abilities and pop my kid out of thin air.

This is something that actually bothered me. I didn't know if I was only able to see the operator on the loading screen because I did the Second Dream already. On the website, we see a version of Excalibur crossing his arms and holding Latos... I thought that's what newbies (people who didn't complete Second Dream) would see? Is that the case or does everyone see the Operator on the loading screen?

It seems counter-intuitive that DE would just present a huge spoiler right in everyone's faces, when back then, they were being so careful and secretive about the quest... even during most of the wait for TWW.

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--
details

12 hours ago, Eaol said:

You can currently use their profile to tell if they've completed the quests.

Pre-Second Dream:  Warframe only

Second Dream Completed:  Warframe and Operator

War Within Completed:  Warframe, Operator, and Alignment

Another question... if a newbie who didn't complete second dream views my profile, or any of our profiles... will they see our operators?

Well, it's been a year now since Second Dream... At one point, one has to aknowledge the operators exist.

From what I remember, operators appear as ghostly figures for people that haven't completed the Second Dream, so you can still pretend it's an unlockable special move if someone ever asks "why is there a glowing ghosts with a lazer beam coming floating about"... That said, haven't had that happen in almost a year.

As for the new operator features added in War Within, have no idea how it appears for people that haven't finished War Within... But if you knew about the operator already, and judging by the trailers where you saw the operators walking in the snow, you were kinda already expecting a playable operator... So I say it's not entirely spoilerific, and mostly people are expecting this anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra