Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26 million losers? I'm not so sure...

RextintorZ

Just now, Berserkerkitten said:

Not sure about salty. It's just the internet. Where everybody is waiting for some sh1t they can blow out of proportion. Outrage culture, woo!

True. I think that the Mods need to shut this down before histrionics are masqueraded as truth.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I'm sure she intended to say, "loyal players" but pulled back at the last second.

We still love ya, Reb.

The accent of saying "loyal" and "loser" is different. Listen to the video, there is no other right pronunciation of word other than "LOSER"

2 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I demand an apology for almost being called a loser on live Twitch TV.

And that apology should come with 9 kavat genes, because that alert that came with just one was silly, to make up for this.

So you need kavat genetics? if this is what you needs why did't just say so?

37 minutes ago, KaeseSchnitte said:

Let's put it this way: They sent Rebecca because she is the one with the most experience in talking in front of a crowd of strangers. If she is so nervous, then anyone else at the company would have been even more nervous.

i never disagreed with that, i am just saying that it wouldn't be suprising if she got lectured at the office for that slip up. Hell, i am more curious about the full word she meant to say as there are a lot of options with just Lo.

As for the slip up, i've seen worse from them in the past...

Not much of a big deal to be honest. Sometime you just talk something not what you meant, out of carelessness, anxiety or some unknown reasons - besides she didn't say the complete word, we don't know what she was going to say. But she is a good person and I'm pretty sure that wasn't something negative at least.

ahh poor spacemom. XD i can totally empathize though. i'm a fast talker too..

& i get why she said it. i also mess up like this lots- she already had the sentence prepared in her mind, which was "we have 26 million users, which is crazy to say out loud."

notice that "loud" was a similarly long word coming up soon. because she talks super fast - it often happens that words get mixed and or said too early in the sentence. it can lead to such unfortunate hilarious coincidences- personally i find it hilarious when it happens to me, so i hope she's taking it lightly too.

that, or maybe we really are losers. :(

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Seriously?

The poor girl was freaking nervous. Didn't you hear when she said something like ninjas play free in this free to play game. It was so obvious.

EDIT: I found out what she was trying to say

Hey, calm down, you don't need to attack me :(

5 hours ago, RextintorZ said:

This thread is available so that we, the REAL losers, can show up and register how many of us are playing this amazing game made by a truly devoted developer who likes us so much, just like when Rebecca showed up on The Game Awards yesterday.

Here is my signature: Lo- RextintorZ.

EDIT 1: for those who haven't seen The Game Awards yesterday with our Space Mom: https://clips.twitch.tv/thegameawards/SpotlessWrenVolcania

EDIT 2: and for those who can't hear the audio on the video, here is a transcript of what Rebecca said: "Yeah, I mean, we have 26 million registered lo- uh, users! Which is crazy to say out loud and these are the players who have been with us this whole time. They've been a part of this game as a service, 'free-to-play done right', we like to say, which, uh, it's been hard to do but we've made it for these, you know, for our players!"

Hide contents

Is DE slowly trying to make us let go of the game so they can move forward, though? Penny for a thought.

Hehe...suspected for a while they're trying to kill interest in their own game.

Doing a pretty good job of it, too, in my opinion.

Edit:

In fairness to Rebecca, she appeared nervous. I think she was about to say 26 million registered logins, then switched to users and got tongue tied. It happens. No big deal.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

You could tell she was nervous. She probably just meant to say users and almost said losers. At the end of the word million, the tongue is in the position to use an L.

I'm happy for DE being invited, though I think Warframe should have been nominated for something. The game looks just as good as any other game and I personally like the system.

The fact that the moment Rebecca held the mic and her eyes was looking down (not in the camera fixated on her face unless there's a camera down there that we didn't see) implies the fact that she had this speech memorized and is more than likely that she got things mixed up with her own train of thoughts as well as the lines of speech.

Its not like you would actually know there would be 26 million players registered at that time during the broadcast so it was already prepared before hand. Thank God she didn't bit her tongue though.

Edited by Harowing

Lotus will pay for this crime with the maxmum sentence of:

Being called Natah instead of Lotus or 'space mom' for the rest of her existence.

There is no greater sentence. 

Do you remember how she reacted when Teshin called her that? What if all of us, Tenno, began to call her this?

The reaction would, at least, be of interest.

"Natah! You call these Tenno losers? After letting them win the Old War? How could you! How dare you! You are certainly riven, and must be reclaimed!" - :sentient: 

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Lotus is Natah. We must remind her.

4 minutes ago, Harowing said:

The fact that the moment Rebecca held the mic and her eyes was looking down (not in the camera fixated on her face unless there's a camera down there that we didn't see) implies the fact that she had this speech memorized and is more than likely that she got things mixed up with her own train of thoughts as well as the lines of speech.

Yeah it was pretty evident. 

The real loser is the person who started this troll thread.