Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Genetic Code 'Fix' - Nice one DE

lyravega

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Kavat Genetic Codes from Alerts not being given out in intended quantities. Alerts will now grant 5 Kavat Genetic Codes.

They were intended to give 10, but due to a bug, players received 1. Now with the (so called) 'fix', we'll just get 5.

Nice one. This is not a fix...

edit: This topic is about what was intended/promised, and what we got in the end. Sure, it is extra, it is free. But does that justify the change? Does it make it alright? Unless it is something that drastically affects us as a whole, we won't be heard?

12 hours ago, Imaru said:

Or perhaps it was meant to give five, it displayed 10 and gave only 1. Just a thought. 

• 10x Kavat Genetic Codes have been added to Alerts!

edit 2: Scroll down for some replies from [DE]Taylor folks. Wasn't expecting a reply from devs to be honest. S/He states the reasons behind the changes.

Edited by lyravega

Honestly it depends on if they altered the frequency of the alerts or not.

Depending on how frequent the alerts are for the Kavat Genetic codes I don't see a problem with 5 instead of 10, considering that you only need 10 to make a kavat.

I mean seriously, how many alerts will you realistically need to get both types of kavats?  With 5 at a time maybe 4-6?  So realistically you will only ever need 4-6 of these alerts and then you're completely done.  I honestly fail to see the problem.

If the alerts are super, super rare then maybe there might be a point to complaining, but until we get a feeling for how often these alerts complete I would say to hold on to criticisms.

8 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Honestly it depends on if they altered the frequency of the alerts or not.

Depending on how frequent the alerts are for the Kavat Genetic codes I don't see a problem with 5 instead of 10, considering that you only need 10 to make a kavat.

I mean seriously, how many alerts will you realistically need to get both types of kavats?  With 5 at a time maybe 4-6?  So realistically you will only ever need 4-6 of these alerts and then you're completely done.  I honestly fail to see the problem.

If the alerts are super, super rare then maybe there might be a point to complaining, but until we get a feeling for how often these alerts complete I would say to hold on to criticisms.

if a alert for this is up 1 every hour , thats a lot of genetics

reduced to 5 for more frequent alerts, im ok if thats the case

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I honestly fail to see the problem.

The problem is that the intended amount was 10, which was bugged. And the fix reduced the amount to 5. What's not there to see?

My problem is what we are promised, and what we are getting in the end.

5>1 still seems to come out on top. 

Also by giving only 5 it is mirroring the kubrow alerts because with kubrows you need an egg and a power cell where as kavats don't need a power cell.

An egg alert gives 50% of what is needed to get a dog so why should a cat one give 100%?

Edited by shadowfire380
Expanded

26 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

5>1 still seems to come out on top. 

Also by giving only 5 it is mirroring the kubrow alerts because with kubrows you need an egg and a power cell where as kavats don't need a power cell.

An egg alert gives 50% of what is needed to get a dog so why should a cat one give 100%?

Kavats need power cores too, what gave you the idea that they didn't?

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting players to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

1 minute ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

never seen a Kavat alert.. 

I think only one happened. But it's pretty normal since they recently got implemented.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting players to gather them from Scans in the Derelict

The insanely low loot rate already COMPLETELY dissuaded players from gathering DNA

(i'm not even sure if dissuaded is a word...)

7 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The insanely low loot rate already COMPLETELY dissuaded players from gathering DNA

(i'm not even sure if dissuaded is a word...)

Perhaps, but now both methods of acquisition complement each other better, instead of one completely dominating the other. 

Also, you're good:

Spoiler

dis·suade
/dəˈswād/
verb
past tense: dissuaded; past participle: dissuaded

29 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Perhaps, but now both methods of acquisition complement each other better, instead of one completely dominating the other. 

Also, you're good:

Reveal hidden contents

dis·suade
/dəˈswād/
verb
past tense: dissuaded; past participle: dissuaded

I agree wholeheartedly and think this should be applied to kubrows, too!

What about changing kubrow egg alerts to only award 1/2 egg instead of the current complete egg to match, for consistency?

I personally know 2 people who have burned out on playing Warframe for the foreseeable future after trying to farm kavat DNA.

Doing some experimental runs with 1 to 4 players seems to show that the more people are in a party, the more kavats spawn.

After getting their 10/20 DNA scans, few players want to go back and do that again(I know I sure don't want to, if I can avoid it!), so it can be hard for some folks to get a party together, and the needlessly low spawnrate and low drop rate of DNA that makes the whole experience prohibitively frustrating, leading to burnout.

A suggested fix:

Why not just make the kavat spawn rate the same for 1 player as for 4?

People who suggest going to farm kavat DNA get a lot of the verbal equivalent of dirty looks from players asking for help with it, especially from those who have already done their time acquiring that low droprate DNA.  "Good luck with that!" is basically what those people get told.

For SCIENCE!:

Please, farm 20 kavat DNA without legitimately using boosters or any other tricks.

Start a stopwatch when you begin, and stop it when you extract with your final DNA scans at 20.  I and many others are genuinely curious about how long it would take one of the devs to farm everything needed for that first kavat.

Without dev cheats, of course.  :)

Edited by DeMeritus
Because half egg measures are obviously needed. Also SCIENCE!

48 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

So applying the same logic should we expect half a kubrow egg alerts from now on? Not trying to be a smartass, just trying to wrap my head around this.