The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Undying Nidus

LordFaas

Got a suggestion for a nerf: What about it consumed 33% of current stacks with the minimum amount consumed being 10, + give it maybe a 15 seconds cooldown,15 seconds is just enough to kill yourself if you're dumb enough, will make players consider being more careful while playing him. And if that's not enough of a challenge, make Nidus unable to gain stacks during these 15 seconds.

Yes, this might look like an overkill, but it will make Nidus more challenging to play= more enjoyable. I am a Nidus player myself and I find it boring, that after you get 30+ stacks you are immortal, literally, you can't simply die. I would leave everything else as it is, just fix the passive to not make him immortal, it's like using BAGUVIX, gets boring after a while.

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Makes no sense...

You do know he has way less Health and Armor than Inaros for a frame with no Shields right? Stacks dont increase his damage, just the capability to output some stronger or useful skills. Also, you complain about immortality when Inaros still holds the throne for it.

They do. Both of Virulence and of the explosions and damage of the Maggots.

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Makes no sense...

You do know he has way less Health and Armor than Inaros for a frame with no Shields right? Stacks dont increase his damage, just the capability to output some stronger or useful skills. Also, you complain about immortality when Inaros still holds the throne for it.

They do. the more stacks he has, the more damage his 1st and 4th abilites do.

15 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

its difficult to gain stacks in normal none defense/survival missions, i dont believe a nerf is needed.

Low lvl missions for example. I was suffering getting stacks during missions on Eris with my friends doing the new Salvage mission so they could get the Nidus parts. My Carrier killed most mobs before i could see them or have them in range for using skills.

29 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Makes no sense...

I still think the throne goes to Wukong for immortality. Press Defy then do whatever.

Edited by ShikiRen

Nidus is fine how he is.

He's the best frame to come out in sometime, you'll use all his abilities and he's quite interactive with using his abilities.

He's not some sit in the corner and don't move Frame like say Ember.

And the last I checked the inability to die doesn't make Survival or Defense missions easier at higher levels, the ability to keep the Life Support going and stop the Pod taking damage are your main concern.

2 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

I still think the throne goes to Wukong for immortality. Press Defy then do whatever.

Defy takes energy constantly and while it can be extended greatly with Rage it does also restore less healh per death until reactivated.

NIdus gains more armor, health regen, knockdown resistance and elemental Resistance the more stacks he has.

And lets not forget Parasitic Link which allows him to transfer damage to another target all the way up to 90%.

2 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

Defy takes energy constantly and while it can be extended greatly with Rage it does also restore less healh per death until reactivated.

NIdus gains more armor, health regen, knockdown resistance and elemental Resistance the more stacks he has.

And lets not forget Parasitic Link which allows him to transfer damage to another target all the way up to 90%.

Sure up to 90%, but unless if you drastically kill your efficiency or range you wont be hitting 90% damage transfer.

4 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Sure up to 90%, but unless if you drastically kill your efficiency or range you wont be hitting 90% damage transfer.

Not quite. Since he has innate bonus power strength it's easy to get to 185% strength, the cap needed for max damage reduction. 

As for nerf proposed, it's really bad.  Nidus is fine as it is, he is powerful,yes, but it takes time to get to that point, he is not a lvl 140 killing machine right of the bat like some other frames. 

Edited by aligatorno

be careful what you wish for, DE don't do nerfs in half measures, and I'd rather Nidus not be made useless before he hits console. if you want more of a challenge, you could just not use him, or handicap yourself with worse mods. don't ruin it for people who like him.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

57 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

its difficult to gain stacks in normal none defense/survival missions, i dont believe a nerf is needed.

And even then it´s kinda difficult if the other players are killing the enemies before you hit them with your 1.

There are lots of stuff that need some balancing but I don´t think Nidus is one of them.

Edited by Kuestenjung

All of those who said it is difficult to gain stacks on non-endless  missions: why would you need them? You end them in a short period of time without the need of stacks or revives, those can be done with any frame without dying. I am more talking about long endless missions where you face lvl 200+ enemies, normally a challenge, not the case with Nidus, he just gets 100 stacks during the first 15 minutes, then just finds a nice cozy spot and spams his 2+1. A  stray bullet hits him? Np, 5 seconds immortality during which he already used his 2+1 combo enough times that he has 100 stacks again. I know because I did so, 94 minutes survival with no other challenge than finding life support

Like everyone said, it takes time for him to build up to 100 stacks. You only think he's op because you've had time to build up to those stacks. Why don't you lose all 100 stacks against lvl 200 enemies and then try to build up enough stacks without getting downed (and I don't mean test it in the simaris room) and then come back and tell us if those numbers are fair or not for a nerf. Losing 33% of your stacks every time you go down is honestly way too much, you're not factoring being surrounded in an open room. Nidus's 2 doesn't even have the greatest range when an entire room is shooting at you. You could argue "well you can just find a small room and camp in it and survive" well there are better frames for that and weapons to deal with small rooms. You're also forgetting that Nidus needs all 3 of his abilities to stay alive which limits him to a fixed area of around 30 meters (less if you use your 4 to heal.) where as frames like Chroma, Rhino, Valkyr, Inaros can freely roam around. If you increase the stack requirement for undying it'll be an unnecessary nerf that makes him unplayable at high lvls. It won't even be a matter of being a challenge anymore, it'll be, "Why play Nidus when you have 4 other tanks that can out perform him easily," type of issue

Edited by ZeroGenmu

2 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Careful of discussing nerfs, or they will make his abilities like bladestorm (designed for use in a turn based game).       They could go as far as making you mark targets for each maggot....LOL.

Inb4 your enemies have to hit you before maggots consider them a threat

- Virulence's energy cost will increase the more you use it

- Larva's target is now capped

- Parasitic Link capped at 75%

- Ravenous constantly eats mutation stacks

- Undying takes half of your current mutation

if ya blokes are going to ruin bestframe 2k16 ya gotta do it the Digital Extremes™ way

and when that happens I can finally uninstall the game and be free

it's Posts like this that Ruined Bless trin.

"I'm a Nidus Player"

He JUST came out. We're ALL nidus players.

"Too Easy"

who in the history of the planet, has ever complained about something that makes you fail less and works extreamly well?

I Honestly think people just want something to complain about. a new warframe comes out or new weapon comes out, and people complete "THIS WEAPON/WARFRAME MAKES ME WIN! >:O MUST RAGE!!! Nidus' skills all work together so well, and if you don't use them together, then you fail/die. He supports your team very well, and is useful in all mission types. DON"T TAKE THIS FROM US!

Edited by Xiaoshino

5 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

- Virulence's energy cost will increase the more you use it

- Larva's target is now capped

- Parasitic Link capped at 75%

- Ravenous constantly eats mutation stacks

- Undying takes half of your current mutation

if ya blokes are going to ruin bestframe 2k16 ya gotta do it the Digital Extremes™ way

and when that happens I can finally uninstall the game and be free

Stacks now take 10 mutations each.

-Virulence has a range cap of 1m

-Larva is just there for the show, it gets a longer duration but does nothing. Doesn't pull enemies, that was way too op for a warframe of this caliber.

-Parasitic link only transfers damage to allies and enemies are only healed by it.

-Ravenous damages anything in it (instead of heals) including allies. Maggots? They just dance while you and your unfortunate team fails the mission.

Undying? 2op4us, undying now gives you an instant chance to abort and keep all your items, you still need 10 stacks.(no xp though)

Passive healing? Nah, 2 passives was a crazy idea. 1 should be enough.

Yeah, a nerf isn't needed.

At all.

Nerfs for nerfing sake is just terrible and you should feel bad for even thinking it. Normally i'd laugh at the OP and not bother commenting but with how far DE take things with nerfs just no, leave it alone DE just leave it alone.

Nerf the OP, by all means, but just him. Leave the rest of us alone.

Ridiculous idea is ridiculous.