Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Helmint Charger.

Ziembski

Just now, Cyberhazard said:

from each unit of the infested faction we've seen, the enemies are not only adapted, but enhanced.  Knowing how infestation is spreading on a host body, imagine it fully evolved into an egg, a "perfect" infested lifeform. The problems I have on the edited jug' body is the rear , the vanilla drakk one. it doesn't seems fitting, the whole body should be infested imo. and I say it again, imo. 

it's not like the doggy was infected after birth, it was in the egg itself, meaning that the infested tissues and DNA, should have taken over the Kubrow part. even if it keep some random features in the shape.

I would allude this to unintentional design or a simple commonplace 'quadriped' origin. The Juggernaut was also a community contest design, and not that of the original Dev team. It was only mildly adapted to better suit game design.

I think it's very weird that it has Grineer armor considering it came out of a Kubrow Egg. Unless there's some explanation for that, I think it should have an alternate, non-Grineer design, and maybe the traditional Grineer-based Charger could be a skin for it.

I like the idea of having an infested charger as a pet and I'm excited to get one soon. The problem isn't with the charger's design, it's the method of obtaining one. It just doesn't make sense that an organism grown from an egg using an ancient strain of infestation is born wearing modern grineer armor.

Steve confirmed there'll be touch-ups.

The Grineer head will be gone for sure.

I wish we get a molted infested kubrow thing though, that'll be cool.

The idea of having a charger is good but let us get those by some other means.

Edited by Raniu

1 minute ago, Raniu said:

I wish we get a molted infested kubrow thing, that'll be cool.

and some tweak to the animation too wouldn't be too much :x

1 hour ago, IcyLeviathan said:

Just...just stop.  Please, stop now.  The more you post, the more ignorant you sound.  Your grammar and spelling are atrocious (that means very bad).  Granted, you are allowed to have your own opinion.  Just don't get upset when someone points out things that they don't agree with in your opinion.  

Honestly, I love the relic system.  It is so much less of a grind than the key system, where you may not get anything from a mission.  

I don't do Archwing that much, but it's not bad.  And honestly, I don't even know what you're talking about in regards to the enemy models.  They look fine to me!

As for TWW, it is impossible for everyone to agree on this.  Some people (myself included) think that the quest was amazing, and very unique.  Others (like yourself) didn't enjoy it.  Honestly, TSD could've been made into a short film if some minor changes were made, but TWW is, IMO, truly cinematic in quality.  The amount of story and cutscenes, along with the unique style of the majority of the quest (operator mode), would translate well to a true short film.  Obviously this isn't DE's goal, but I believe this is a good sign for future cinematic quests.

The Infested game mechanics that are now available, partially, to us have not been officially announced as being released.  Therefore, DE may still have some work to do with these mechanics.  Just be patient and wait for them to do what they are planning on doing.

So, 2016 made you wonder if you should continue playing Warframe?  It's up to you, but if you are going to keep complaining about everything and are unable to see someone else's opinion, I have a suggestion: quit playing, for all of our sakes.

no, you need to stop being fanboy, the fact that you decided to attack my grammar and spelling instead of showing proof I am wrong proves how much of a fanboy you are, yes I know my english is bad, but what do you expect, its not my native language and I learned english by myself, not from books but from watching cartoons in english when I was kid, and my english is still better then of some people who's english is native language.

You have right to like new system but show me proof its better. It may be better for casual players who dont play 2+ hours a day but for regular players its worse, I will tell you from personal experiance that people like that stockpiled 20-30 each key before each new prime access just by playing for fun everyday, and it was enough to gain every prime from new prime access, how so ? simply by doing keyshare with my keys meant that 20-30 of my key were worth 80-120 runs, yeah we had smaller chance to get prime part we want per each key but in reality each key was worth much more primes.

archwing enemies models are fine....really ? I see that you dont know much about archwing game mode since if you did you would know that archwing ranger enmies are enlarged Corpus Crewmen(they have wrong scale compared to tenno) and they are using jetpack made from four opticors...

this is what is supposed to replace their models:

c8f703b15e3c1e1e93d9e0621e778601.png

I agree that everyone has right to their own opinion about TWW, and I do agree that in some aspects its better then second dream, like quality and better cinematics but story-wise most people agree that second dream was better, since TWW felt like one long  tutorial.

I know that DE can improve infested game system but the thing is that in this case DE shouldnt have released incomplete, and no its not accident DE said themselves before that infested door and infested system behind it will be released before end of 2016 so they were always planing to release it now. Normally I would be fine with waiting for infested system to be improved with time but the thing is DE gained reputation for adding features  to game and then leaving them in half-assed state for months if not  year and after that DE reworks it in version 2.0, pvp improved after REALLY long time, after archwing was added was left with no improvement for over a year.Tell me why should believe that I wont have to wait a year for DE to improve infested mechanics ?

51 minutes ago, Culaio said:

no, you need to stop being fanboy

How about both of you stop? This thread isn't even about the relic system, or any of the garbage you guys are arguing about. You're derailing a thread about the pet chargers so you can insult each other.

3 hours ago, Raniu said:

I wish we get a molted infested kubrow thing though, that'll be cool.

The idea of having a charger is good but let us get those by some other means.

I dont know why people think "Touch-ups" means there changing it from a charger to something else, its called a Helminth Charger for a reason

Touch-ups most likely is just giving it custom animations and making it look less glitchy

Edited by skelo0

My thoughts...

Model... my god that was a rushed hack job, it is literally a copy paste job of the charger model onto the kubrow bones/skeleton (3D modelling term for the 'movement' restraints)... if you stick an armour on it still has the kubrow head etc.... and then there's the walk and the 'cuddly backflips'....  I hope what Steve said is going to be happen because it really does need a LOT of fixing.  

From a purely aesthetic perspective I wish it had it's own custom model, I kind of picture of it closer to a juggernaut in design rather than the default grineer charger, it's meant to be a custom spawned creature so should at the very least have it's own model.

the AI.. I really wish hunt mod would 'charge' a bit more than it currently does, it seems to have the same issue as other kubrows in that it's hit and miss if it's abilities actually trigger. 

19 minutes ago, skelo0 said:

I dont know why people think "Touch-ups" means there changing it from a charger to something else, its called a Helminth Charger for a reason

Touch-ups most likely is just giving it custom animations and making it look less glitchy

And, as far as I'm concerned, removing the Grineer head. Yeah, making the charger able to wear armours and animating it properly is guaranteed I'm sure. But that's not something we should ask for because it's obvious we'll get it. Making the helminth charger not a Grineer though, is what (if I remember correctly) Steve confirmed as well.

I didn't mean I want the touch-ups to change the model entirely, no. I meant that I wish such change takes place in addition to the charger being a legit companion :smile: 

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

How about both of you stop? This thread isn't even about the relic system, or any of the garbage you guys are arguing about. You're derailing a thread about the pet chargers so you can insult each other.

Awww...I was enjoying it thoroughly. Interesting points besides most of this topic is redundant due to Steve already saying things will be touched up. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Awww...I was enjoying it thoroughly. Interesting points besides most of this topic is redundant due to Steve already saying things will be touched up. 

Oh, my bad, I didn't realize anyone was still watching! Here, gimme the remote and I'll turn it back on. Just don't let it get too loud.  :)

2 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Mmmm...mints.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about a kind of mint. Title and all.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry it's just my OCD is in overdrive right now

I bet you love it when people talk about Tenshin, and how great he is as the Conclave master.