Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost deluxe - concept and DE version... Ugh...

Sannidor

While I don't hate it, and I appreciate the skill it take to model something like this, it does definitely look off.  Maybe just the viewing angle, but the skirt needs to be shortened or something, his legs look pretty strange to me.  It is very close to the concept however.

This is frost showing his leg (red circle) correctly:

frost_correcto.png

But what happens when frost does his noble animation??  SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!  Look at this:

frost_leg.png

frost_leg_2.png

And then it goes back to the first pic (the correct one).  

DE, seriously, if you dont know how to fix merging warframe parts...... why the f*** do you implement a "skirt" for frost's coat????? I wont purchase for this skin with a fail like this one. The skin is amazing but this work is NOT well done/finished. I hope this gets fixed before you release it. Because I think it is unacceptable paying for a broken thing.

Just IMO.

Just now, Letter13 said:

Looks very close to the concept...

Just a bit... Shorter...? Stockier?

I mean it's clear they followed the concept. It could do with a few small tweaks though.

Yes, the skin is amazing. But "Letter13"..... that skin is broken for me!! I wont buy that. Oh and thanks for relocating my post xDDD

Makes me think of this

latest?cb=20121226163024

I see Frost as a spell caster, but the Deluxe Skin makes him looks like a tank. Although he is quite tank with his armor, but his skill are not related to tankiness. Can't say I like it, but will definitely buy it due to it's better looking than original. Still unfortunate this doesn't comes truth, which is more appropriate to how I look Frost as a spell caster. Maybe a second deluxe skin?

V2-6GxUCwqdM39upIUjgTSJn395fHHGnWvxk0G4Z

25 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

This is frost showing his leg (red circle) correctly:

But what happens when frost does his noble animation??  SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!  Look at this:

And then it goes back to the first pic (the correct one).  

DE, seriously, if you dont know how to fix merging warframe parts...... why the f*** do you implement a "skirt" for frost's coat????? I wont purchase for this skin with a fail like this one. The skin is amazing but this work is NOT well done/finished. I hope this gets fixed before you release it. Because I think it is unacceptable paying for a broken thing.

Just IMO.

They are not done with it, hence why they said they are still working on it and plan to release it in the next week or two.

Edited by aligatorno

Saying that fitting it to a skeleton messes with the concept and design kind of ignores the fact that a 3d artist would and should understand these effects as they're building the model.  Knowing that frost's skeleton has rather forward-rolled, wide shoulders should have tipped them off that under-emphasizing the deltoids on the arms would make them look JUUUST right in game.  instead you have a probably well-made model that was stretched onto a skeleton that wasn't considered and now looks a little janky and disproportional.  His deltoids are water balloons.  He's got child-bearing hips.  He's got giant's feet, and dwarven legs.  There were many visual lines that you could follow in the concept art that contributed to the overall aesthetic and physique, and they were greatly disturbed or outright ignored in the 3rd model.  If you know the skeleton and animation set that you're going to rig to, you can and should model to that.

Those funky things on the biceps, which are likely contributing to the funky, chunky profile are actually frost prime's armor accessories, which should have been removed for the demo.  It's gonna have to be seen in game, up close, but I'm hoping they tweak it a bit more.  It's all together aesthetically displeasing.  Maybe it'd work well with the solstace shoulder guards?

What the hell is this about again?

Because I'm seeing the exact same thing: One on front completely and the other one with a slight angle change.

EDIT: On a second look I've noticed something off with the legs area, yes. What's wrong though... *keeps inspecting*

EDIT 2: So the issue isn't the body nor proportions: What's lying to your eyes is that they seem to have changed the dress proportions in the lower areas. So instead of half showing the knees, he's hiding them completely. Until I see it myself on game on my screen though I can't really say anything though :(

Edited by NightmareT12

DE needs to reduce the torso size of that model, looks like his legs will break off supporting the weight of the head alone, needs more adjustments to the skeletal mesh methinks, seriously the design team needs to stop making the larger frames bulky with deluxe skins, you did it with the Rhino Deluxe, don't do it with frost :/

The ingame FOV is certainly not helping with the size comparison of torso and legs, but it looks pretty decent. I think the head and shoulder relation looks a little off.

It could be improved with some slight posture changes tbh, the neck and head of the game model look way more aggresive because he's kind of bending forward unlike the concept ilustration. Also the arms look way thicker because of the Frost armor attachments, they are removable afaik.

There is a diference in proportions, but DE seems to use the frames default skeleton for deluxe skins, and the artist concept is more stylized than what the game "allows" so I can see it needing to be "squished"

That being said the actual model is really high quality, definitely some skilled work there. I'll wait to see it finished, but personally the idea of equiping a hammer and going all Robert Baratheon on enemy mobs sounds very enticing.

3 hours ago, noupperlobeman said:

I don't like the direction they are taking with the deluxe skins. They don't look like warframes anymore.

It's good art, but they aren't sci-fi. They look more fantasy, and it's bumming me out. I want them to look more like robots / exo suits

thats like,the whole point of deluxe skins