Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost deluxe - concept and DE version... Ugh...

Sannidor

Honestly on this particular one I think people do need to stop complaining and let things go for once... 

Yes, some of the skins in the past have been too heavily changed... this was not the case here. 

The only changes in this one are the fact that a 2D drawing is going to look different when it is a 3D model. Yeah, he looks slightly squat. Frost is kind of squat though. He isn't a tall warframe and he is slightly thickset. He is buff and has a slightly bigger build, good for staying warm in the snow. :satisfied:

I think the complaints on this one are mostly people looking way too hard for something to complain about... 

The Banshee skin, the Ember skin, some other issues where things were changed to heavily. This is simply a case of a 2D drawing looking a bit different when it is a 3D model -- nothing has really changed from the concept. 

Yeah, Frost is a somewhat squat, thicker set Warframe... I thought this was known by most people already. The skin emphasizes it a bit, he looks a bit short, slightly heavyset still while being buff... but that's Frost. 

Sometimes people complain just to complain... this one is fine. And I will be buying it for my Frost Prime. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

I don't know, I think it's just the angle. He looks just fine to me.

I agree. What a lot of people don't seem to realize here is that the viewing angle can drastically alter a piece's perception, especially in 3D. High angles give the impression that the object is smaller than the viewer because the viewer is literally looking down at the subject, while low angles create the illusion of greater size because the viewer is looking up at the subject. Based on the background's orientation, it's somewhat high rather than straight on, so I'd surmise that if DE had chosen to show the skin from an angle closer to the floor, these people would probably be complaining about him being a giant.

I don't see what everyone else is complaining about. It looks the same to me, the only thing I notice is frosts arm vents are extended out a  bit making his arms look a bit thicker which is probably to conform to how the original frosts arms work.

5 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

I don't see what everyone else is complaining about. It looks the same to me, the only thing I notice is frosts arm vents are extended out a  bit making his arms look a bit thicker which is probably to conform to how the original frosts arms work.

That's because in this day and age people love to complain.  Social media has made it easier than it's ever been before for them to do this. 

I suppose after Trinity's deluxe skin was damn near perfect from 2D to 3D, everyone expects the same from future frames.

Image result for trinity deluxe skin

Image result for trinity deluxe skin

I mean, lets just wait till this is actually shat out before we officially call it a turd.

Edited by AcceI
Because it got edited???

How is this thread still a thing. ....

You will ither like it and buy it or you don't and you can use Hitsu's Emperor frost skin or heck just the normal one. 😂

Don't bansh it till it's in the game and you can see for yourself. Personally the stream showed me just how much i love the skin and i love the bulky look. 😊

On 1/7/2017 at 4:25 AM, Sannidor said:

Original:

Hide contents

OleEOsa.png

DE model:

Hide contents

BfApn9t.png

What happened?

It's way too bulky, looks like a Chinese unlicensed toy based on 80s cartoons.

Sorry, but the details are important. Whole body seem to be out of proportions, head is huge, extra chunks on biceps seem out of place, the skirt is way too low, emphasizing "He-Man effect".

I'm double mad because I like the concept and maybe the final version would grow on me over time but whoever modeled this should add a final touch to the product, please!

And.....what am i suppose to do with that?

I'm okay with the skin, it just gives the Nordic feel to it.

I clicked on this thread expecting something more. Frost's stature and proportions look off, but it's a terrible photo and angle.

I'd like to see it proper once released, and this thread seems an overreaction. Especially with what we learned during the Ember Deluxe skin thread, from decent posts explaining very possible reasons for changes, and from IngusDei himself about how things can often be subject to change (like some of the hated bits on Banshee Deluxe actually being his idea).

Do calm down, please.

9 hours ago, Slaviar said:

From all deluxe skins it's probably closest to concept.

Rhino Palatine and Trinity Strega were the closest.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Its definitely, entirely too bulky. The height could be the camera but i doubt it.

Everyone saying "close enough" is wrong. If i cant pay a "close enough" price for the product, I don't want a "close enough" product.

You do realize that the 2D concept isn't bulky as well because its 2D and has no depth in it, in the end both the final version and the concept are identical, you guys are just nitpicking for no reason.

Its definitely, entirely too bulky. The height could be the camera but i doubt it.

Doubt is the absence of certainty, and still acknowledges that it could be the camera.

Everyone saying "close enough" is wrong.

An oversimplification, and glosses over the reasons why some of us can accept it as "close enough". If it's technically impossible to implement some of IngusDei's concept designs in the actual in-game model, then those details would be dropped.

If i cant pay a "close enough" price for the product, I don't want a "close enough" product.

By all means, if you are unhappy with the final product (once we can view it properly), and if you are right and the proportions are horrible, don't buy it.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, PoisonHD said:

To me, my first thought was "He looks squat, and like a dwarf", like, the concept seems more... I don't know, something just seems off

This ^

It fits the concept art as a 3D rendered model but it just looks condensed. It's either the helmet or the proportion but it just didn't translate into the game like I would have imagined. 

21 hours ago, shiinigamy said:

You do realize that the 2D concept isn't bulky as well because its 2D and has no depth in it, in the end both the final version and the concept are identical, you guys are just nitpicking for no reason.

Im sorry you agree with everything Digital extreme, but even with depth it could have been skinnier than what they showed. Its possible to be muscular and thin. Like i said, if they want me to pay the exact price, it needs to be exactly what i wanted to pay for.