Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost deluxe - concept and DE version... Ugh...

Sannidor

Original:

Spoiler

OleEOsa.png

DE model:

Spoiler

BfApn9t.png

What happened?

It's way too bulky, looks like a Chinese unlicensed toy based on 80s cartoons.

Sorry, but the details are important. Whole body seem to be out of proportions, head is huge, extra chunks on biceps seem out of place, the skirt is way too low, emphasizing "He-Man effect".

I'm double mad because I like the concept and maybe the final version would grow on me over time but whoever modeled this should add a final touch to the product, please!

EDIT: released skin has more issues than expected...

used on Frost Agile:

gdRaJaB.jpg

what is going on with left hip??? - no animation set equipped

xSW7slf.jpg

yeah, what a quality product...

Edited by Sannidor

It's probably because the Warframe is being viewed from the front ingame, but not from a slight angle as depicted in the concept.

Besides, Warframes don't have to precisely reflect human form, and only need the same limb arrangements as humans (i.e: arms, legs, torso, head, fingers).

8 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Looks close enough to the concept, not everything can translate 100% from concept to final in-game item.

The changes could be to keep it inline with the general Frost body shape for armour placement etc.

Even I thought it looked bulky when I first saw it. 

Thing is that this isn't exactly first time the community have said things have looked bulkier than the concept, and it's not even a 'fat hips' thing. It really is a touch bulky.

I was looking forward to this but I'm slightly let down by his bulk and possibly some of the textures. Some parts could be slimmed down a touch, his helmet seems massive or maybe just the horns. Would look better to have thin ones opposed to chunky.

Edited by Naith

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

what are you guys going on about? it looks nearly identical. just because some of the proportions are a bit different doesn't make it a bad skin in any way.

i'm with u

i see absolutely no difference apart from other is 2D and other is 3D c_c

Definitely the closest I've seen from concept to in-game model for a Deluxe skin. There will obviously always be deviations from the concept art because it has to fit the warframe skeleton (arm/leg length, shoulder width, torso length, etc). Artistic concepts also don't take into account movement or joints and how they work.

Only thing I think bothers me are the snowflake earrings...

Looks a bit short and the horns are absurdly large, as in they probably obscure your center, like the syandana wings did.

Besides that, I think it looks spot on (I like it) and the animation you pick will probably make a big difference. If you're spending plat on deluxe skins, chances are you won't mind spending an additional fiddy to get the perfect animation style for him.

Just now, Smilomaniac said:

Looks a bit short and the horns are absurdly large, as in they probably obscure your center, like the syandana wings did.

Besides that, I think it looks spot on (I like it) and the animation you pick will probably make a big difference. If you're spending plat on deluxe skins, chances are you won't mind spending an additional fiddy to get the perfect animation style for him.

tbh i just want his hate for the battle damage skin hehehe