Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's a person that wants to keep the Infested Charger look for the Helminth Charger. Give us the option for this.

Mak_Gohae

I think we all know by now that if you complain enough DE will end up changing what you complain about, which is good that a company listens.

The problem with that is that by now people know this and purposely just do it just because they can. And this ends up with stuff being changed simply because of taste and not because it's an actual game issue.

There's a group of people in the board that didnt like the Helminth Charger looking like a Infested Charger and made that opinion known. And, as of this stream, we now know that they got their wish.

Im posting this to show that i do like how the charger is right now and i do not want anything else. Just give the people that want the new model the option to get that and leave the people that like the standard charger look to keep that.

Yes, fix the buggy stuff but let us keep the look. If this means that the HC cant use Kub armor, that's fine.

In this game you (DE) can update and change stuff on a daily basis if you wanted to so i see no reason to just have one type of infested dog.

Yes, i heard that now they are going to probably turn the standard charger look into a skin? Why dont you just clean up the standard charger and turn the new model into a skin? I mean the people that dont like what they got should be the ones that end up paying for cosmetics instead of the people that are fine with it.

So please, DE, keep the standard charger look and add a skin to make look like Nidog. That's Nidus + dog. Cause the model they are leaning towards looks like a dog version of Nidus.

EDIT-----

zYFzreL.jpg

So they just changed the charger and offered nothing about keeping the original.

Given that we got no solution for the Prime Valk lore im going to guess that this means we are never going to get the original charger back.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I would love a gameplay unlockable option for people to have a skin for their helminth charger to look like an infested charger.

Would be very win!  <3

The infested charger puppy is too adorable for some freakish reason!

I've incubated a second helminth charger, specifically so I can have a baby charger wandering my ship.  D'awwww!

Edited by DeMeritus

I said this would happen...people complain about a charger coming out of a kubrow egg and now DE confirms its just a placeholder and show cool concept art for what it will look like and boom...people want to keep the charger look hehe.

I don't think the problem is so much that it is an Infested Charger.  The problem is that it is a Charger of clearly Grineer origin made from a Kubrow egg and that the standard Charger model stretched over the Kubrow skeleton and animations looks wrong.  I think peolpe would accept the current look if a) obtaining it had anything to do Grineer b) the animations worked properly.

They did say they intend to let people use the current Charger as a skin if they want.  Hopefully it'll be free, at least to early adopters.

Edited by Katinka

33 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Yes, i heard that now they are going to probably turn the standard charger look into a skin? Why dont you just clean up the standard charger and turn the new model into a skin? I mean the people that dont like what they got should be the ones that end up paying for cosmetics instead of the people that are fine with it.

If they have the same stats... what difference does it make whether they allow you to have the Charger as a skin, or as the main (base) model? The answer is it doesn't. It makes no difference. 

As long as those who like the Charger look can keep it without paying money for the alternate skin (you get the charger skin for free if you already have one or something), I don't see an issue. 

The base infested Kubrow basically becomes just that... an actual infested Kubrow. But those who want an infested charger as a pet concept still do. You would still have an infested Kubrow that acts the same as it does now... it would just look different. 

I don't see what you are really worried about here? As long as DE provides an alternate skin to still show off the Charger look, they are pleasing literally everyone. Why split hairs over whether the look you prefer is the base model or the alternate skin? \

Edit: I really think your main complaint is mostly that you are worried DE is going to make you pay with plat to keep the look you enjoy. 

I highly doubt that. I am almost 100% certain that they will allow people who already have a helminth charger before they change the look, to keep the charger appearance free of charge if they so choose. I am sure they will give out the charger skin free to those who already had one. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

35 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

And, as of this stream, we now know that they got their wish.

It isn't like they hastily threw together a sketch just to appease the masses.  They likely intended it that way all along and were in a rush to finish the update for christmas and didnt have time to properly put the helminth pet together.

The same stream also said a skin for the charger would likely exist, so there is really nothing to complain about, is there?  You want the charger look so you push to keep that as the original look, which forces people who don't like the charger look to get the new skin. 

Well, I don't like the charger look and push for the "Nidog" look to be its default and have you get the charger skin.  Who will win?!

4 hours ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I think the way they're doing it is the best way. Unique base skin, with charger as optional skin.

The best for the people that wanted a different look, for the people that dont care sucks.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

They do think about keeping it as alternate skin just saying.

Thinking about it doesnt sound like a good solution for the people that are fine with the charger.

6 hours ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I think the way they're doing it is the best way. Unique base skin, with charger as optional skin.

That really isn't the best way.

That means I have to pay to keep my pet looking like it is now. Unless they give that skin for free then i'm really against them changing it.

Just now, Ailissa said:

That really isn't the best way.

That means I have to pay to keep my pet looking like it is now. Unless they give that skin for free then i'm really against them changing it.

I think it's a bit late to make it paid for.

12 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I think we all know by now that if you complain enough DE will end up changing what you complain about, which is good that a company listens.

Hema cost? Nova Deluxe? Banshee Deluxe? Nerfs? I don't remember when they reverse changes they've made. Or something that is already in progress.

12 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

There's a group of people in the board that didnt like the Helminth Charger looking like a Infested Charger and made that opinion known. And, as of this stream, we now know that they got their wish.

No. There were posts on twitter when they said, that the model is supposed to be different, so it it's their wish to make it different, at first place.

Why you people want it to look like Infested Charger? Don't you see it makes no sense? Nidus, our personal piece of infestation that DOES NOT look like anything before, Helminth, the neck cyst, the new mechanics. And the old peasant charger, yea.

Kraft your specter if you like the model.

Plus kubrow animations and armor, it fits your charger horrible.

Edited by texrei