The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 20 test needs to be changed.

Rettalick

1 hour ago, Jongray said:

So, is the MR 20 test just supposed to be insanely unbeatable? I use itzal with MAXED speed mods, and the game does not give you enough time to even get to the second ring, unless you use the ONE teleport your able to do , in which cause you then do not have enough time to get to the 3rd let alone 4th ring. I have failed this test 3 days in a row now because 10 seconds is not enough time to complete it.

Do you have "Sprint toggle" on? then rebind you sprint key to "X" or something? Then when you start the mission, tap x once. Now every time you press "Space" you will boost.

This challege is actually one of the easier ones. Just wait on till you get to the mr23 one.

really...i somehow got lucky then (just did mine a couple days ago) using itzal (dont have the hyperion thrusters mod) and was able to use at LEAST 2 teleports....it really isnt that hard as long as you you the teleport after the first ring and by pass the majority of the others...you do still have to work it a little bit (managed the practice with 7 seconds left after only 3-4 rings in a mostly straight line...and got the Test with 3 seconds left....) but this test kind of encourages the need for itzal....kind of

oh and the tip for toggling sprint is great as you make use of the hyper boost quite nicely.

Edited by xcynderx

2 hours ago, Jongray said:

Lol, good to see the forums are just as troll infested as the in game chat is.

It's not trolling .. it's just sad to see people with high mr that dont know the basic things about the game ... This test can be done with any archwing ,without any mod or ability (or any kind of "cheat/cheese") .

Edited by Yagamilight123

I know a lot of people here often are not helping but simply either states the obvious or shame you.... it is sad but true.

All you lack is the hyperion thruster mod. 

- Normal flying for archwing = walking for warframe on ground

- Pressing shift for archwing = normal running for warframe on ground

-Pressing shift + space (with hyperion thruster mod) = sprinting for warframe on ground

I used itzal but because it is raw, I don't have the starting energy enough to use blink... you can use blink yet you cannot pass it.

I used only hyperion thrusters and passed the test. 

44 minutes ago, kyori said:

I know a lot of people here often are not helping but simply either states the obvious or shame you.... it is sad but true.

Sometimes people are just asking for it. I mean, this is a guy who is asking for the MR 20 test to be changed because he can't get it done.

The arrogance it takes to even think ''Oh, I can't get it done, so it needs to be changed so I can.'' not even for a second considering that maybe -he- is still doing something wrong. Especially when so many of us get that test done also. Some with more difficulty then others, but still.

And for the record, take a close look at the OP, he wasn't asking for help in that post. He was stating as a fact that the 10 seconds you're given is simply not enough. Which obviously isn't true.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

I think I found the problem.

His framerate is lower than normal, causing the timer to run out abnormally fast.

Asked someone I knew having framerate issues with a full hyperion thruster itzal and he had the same problem: couldn't make it and even with blinking it sometimes either works or doesn't.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, Katinka said:

I just tried it again with Itzal to see if Blink was doing anything weird.  First try I used Blink straight away, couldn't get to a ring quick enough and failed.  Second time I didn't use blink at all and finished with 4 seconds to spare after bumping the edges of a couple of rings.  Third attempt I flew through the first couple of rings then used Blink to skip the ones in the middle that move and reach the last two stationary rings, finished with 6 seconds to spare.  It seems that using Blink early will mess with your momentum and make it fail.

I think i actually ended up using a slower archwing because with itzal I was moving too fast and would have miss key rings I was easilly able to snag with  a slower archwing.

Just did it again with an unmodded odonata w/ 6 seconds to spare (just afterburners). I have no idea why your archwing is taking so long to move through the rings.

This game doesn't have a render distance setting does it? maybe he just can't SEE all the rings?

Edited by TonyWong

If he is running out of time before reaching the first few rings while using itzal with hyperion thrusters, something is compromising his speed badly. I ended up with similar speed to what the OP is describing by attempting the test without afterburners. Three possible causes come to mind:

1. Possible speed reduction related to FPS

2. Afterburners cannot be activated until you have actually started moving. If holding down shift+W+space as soon as lotus finishes introducing the quest you will go forward, WITHOUT afterburners. Be sure to use only shift+W until you start moving then afterburn.

3. Keyboard simultaneous key roll over count: Some keyboards will not allow combined key presses. For example, the logitech I bought my brother does not register the space key when shift+W is held down at the same time. This can be ruled out by jumping while running. If this turns out to be the case, maybe borrow keyboard from a friend or consider getting one that works better for gaming. I personally recommend something like a corsair K70 mechanical.

On 2/5/2017 at 8:02 AM, Jongray said:

So, is the MR 20 test just supposed to be insanely unbeatable? I use itzal with MAXED speed mods, and the game does not give you enough time to even get to the second ring, unless you use the ONE teleport your able to do , in which cause you then do not have enough time to get to the 3rd let alone 4th ring. I have failed this test 3 days in a row now because 10 seconds is not enough time to complete it.

You are really going to hate the MR23 test if you thing this is hard...

5 hours ago, HyokaChan said:

His framerate is lower than normal, causing the timer to run out abnormally fast.

Asked someone I knew having framerate issues with a full hyperion thruster itzal and he had the same problem: couldn't make it and even with blinking it sometimes either works or doesn't.

This. Either this, or he isn't using afterburners even though he thinks he is.

I'm close to MR20 and was in the simaris yesterday, and by chance decided to try the next MR challenge to see what it would be. Didn't know it was archwing, didn't practice it before, passed it on the first try with a few seconds to spare after bumping to some of the rings and missing maybe half of them - it's not really that hard. Either your macro/toggle/whatever for afterburners isn't working, or some hardware issue keeps slowing you down/speeding up the time.

This is literally basics of archwing. If you can't do this, you clearly aren't very good at archwing, and don't deserve MR20. Did this the first try without maxing hyperion thrusters, went basically straight line ignoring all rings not right in front of me. Either you actually AREN'T shift+space boosting (maybe doing something stupid like space+boost instead), or... well actually that's the only thing I can think of if it takes you almost the entire 10 seconds you start with to make it to a single ring. 

Straight up, as the others said, you're the only one with this issue out of those of us who've completed it. Sounds like a "you" problem, not the game.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, Jongray said:

So, is the MR 20 test just supposed to be insanely unbeatable? .........

Please don't get mad on me for my bit rude-like words but I got to say are for real now :O? I don't even consider this test as a real 'TEST', you know what I mean?

test1
test/
noun
  1. 1.
    a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use.
    "no sparking was visible during the tests"
    synonyms: trial, experiment, test case, case study, pilot study, trial run, tryout, dry run; More

It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to test what you're capable of. Just keep trying.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, Jongray said:

I am not missing rings, as i cant even get to the SECOND ring before it fails me

That's why you are repeatedly failing this so called MR test session. You got to miss some rings purely out of clear intention and make your way forward. It never says and nowhere its mentioned or said that you got to make your way through all the rings to get time extension and why do you even need time extension at first place if you can finish it by the given timeline?

-- Method: Use Itzal > Hold down SHIFT+SPACE BAR (before lotus finishes blabbering) > GO STRAIGHT (No, I'm not drunk. Don't go for the side rings as they are only placed to distract you and make it hard for you) > Right after passing 2/3 rings at the mid point use the one time available blink ability to place you just before the last 2 rings > pass through them > yay you've finally passed the test (Its party time).

The best suggestion I have is to watch the video on the wiki, read the description on how to do it, and practice in a relay.  There have been a few of the MR tests I couldn't do right away, but since relays have allowed us to practice there's no reason not to go there.  The 23 test was my most recent source of stress.  

1 hour ago, Sylma said:

This is literally basics of archwing. If you can't do this, you clearly aren't very good at archwing, and don't deserve MR20. Did this the first try without maxing hyperion thrusters, went basically straight line ignoring all rings not right in front of me. Either you actually AREN'T shift+space boosting (maybe doing something stupid like space+boost instead), or... well actually that's the only thing I can think of if it takes you almost the entire 10 seconds you start with to make it to a single ring. 

Straight up, as the others said, you're the only one with this issue out of those of us who've completed it. Sounds like a "you" problem, not the game.

1 hour ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

Please don't get mad on me for my bit rude-like words but I got to say are for real now :O? I don't even consider this test as a real 'TEST', you know what I mean?

That's why you are repeatedly failing this so called MR test session. You got to miss some rings purely out of clear intention and make your way forward. It never says and nowhere its mentioned or said that you got to make your way through all the rings to get time extension and why do you even need time extension at first place if you can finish it by the given timeline?

-- Method: Use Itzal > Hold down SHIFT+SPACE BAR (before lotus finishes blabbering) > GO STRAIGHT (No, I'm not drunk. Don't go for the side rings as they are only placed to distract you and make it hard for you) > Right after passing 2/3 rings at the mid point use the one time available blink ability to place you just before the last 2 rings > pass through them > yay you've finally passed the test (Its party time).

If you read a few post before, you might have noticed that someone already mentioned it's most likely a hardware problem i.e. low frame rate.  Im referring to this post:

13 hours ago, HyokaChan said: