Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

3 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Reading complaints about the stasis slowing down/freezing projectiles ... like ... really guys? Why be negative about it, just don't use that ability?

At least complain and say it should be implemented as an augment if you don't like the concept, instead of hating on something we haven't even got access to yet ...

Who knows you might actually enjoy it?

I'll just assume you only read the "it's dumb" comments, (that give no reason to why)

and non of the, "it's bad because" comments. (that explain why it's bad and how they could fix it)

Well, to be fair, it is supposedly NOT an alternate plane of existence, but rather "A space between spaces". That's why it was so hard for ordis to originally understand.

I don't know what a "space in between spaces" would mean for someone's sight, so I can't really answer that.

But if it WERE an alternate plane of reality, there'd be more to worry about than being seen by enemies.

Because remember, nothing in the known universe is just standing still: it's all hurtling through space at absurd speeds.

If limbo removed himself from this reality, then the gravity holding him inside-the-ship/on-the-planet would stop affecting him, and he'd basically watch as the rest of the tile-set moved right out from under him.

Gameplay-wise, I think it's a good balance act and a feature that can work to Limbo's advantage.

Because enemies can still see you, it makes you think before you jump out of the Rift to unload your bullets on enemies, who are aware of your presence and already dead set on making holes in your tailored suit. On the other hand, Limbo can attract enemies and act as an invulnerable decoy for his teammates while looking ever so stylish.

Lore-wise, the Rift Plane is wedged between the Material Plane and the Void, a pocket dimension connecting both "main" dimensions. While things in different planes are out of phase, there is still some weird laws of physics that apply. That's likely why Limbo can still stand on the ground from the Material Plane and not fall through drifting through Rift space.

20 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Well, to be fair, it is supposedly NOT an alternate plane of existence, but rather "A space between spaces". That's why it was so hard for ordis to originally understand.

I don't know what a "space in between spaces" would mean for someone's sight, so I can't really answer that.

But if it WERE an alternate plane of reality, there'd be more to worry about than being seen by enemies.

Because remember, nothing in the known universe is just standing still: it's all hurtling through space at absurd speeds.

If limbo removed himself from this reality, then the gravity holding him inside-the-ship/on-the-planet would stop affecting him, and he'd basically watch as the rest of the tile-set moved right out from under him.

This is the kind of situations where I tell myself, "warframe is not a simulator"

I have enough reality IRL anyways, let the imagination fly in my games!

My main issue is the simple fact that an infested swarm (as the major example) will almost certainly fill up his maximum quota just by running headlong into cataclysm.

I like the concept, I want to see it implemented some way (like maybe just slowing enemies in the rift or stealing health from them?) But this way feels like it can ONLY hinder him compared to his other abilities.