The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

TL;DR of rework

• Entering the rift is now via dodge
  • Banish is now AoE
  • Rift Walk is removed replaced with "Stasis" Which freezes time of rifted enemies and projectiles. It's a complete freeze of time for both ally and enemy projectiles. However it's likely to have a cap so it doesn't "break toasters"
  • Rift Surge now empowers enemies in the rift, on kill they will create mini cataclysms
  • Cataclysm remains largely unchanged however damage dealt will be based on enemies currently within the rift.

Should be noted that Devstream play through is very early gameplay testing, so it's very likely that things can change based on feedback.

"Limbo can enter and exit the rift at his choosing by rolling.  Instead of a regular dodge-roll, he does a small "warp" and toggles his presence between planes. He can do this for FREE, as many times as he wants."

"

Limbo's second skill rework: Stasis.

Since Rift Walk has become his passive, he needs a new second skill . 

Stasis instantly freezes ALL enemies and  enemy projectiles that are currently in the rift for a couple of seconds."

GG @Futurehero

3 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

TL;DR of rework

• Entering the rift is now via dodge
  • Banish is now AoE
  • Rift Walk is removed replaced with "Stasis" Which freezes time of rifted enemies and projectiles. It's a complete freeze of time for both ally and enemy projectiles. However it's likely to have a cap so it doesn't "break toasters"
  • Rift Surge now empowers enemies in the rift, on kill they will create mini cataclysms
  • Cataclysm remains largely unchanged however damage dealt will be based on enemies currently within the rift.

Should be noted that Devstream play through is very early gameplay testing, so it's very likely that things can change based on feedback.

Note that Rebecca could pick up items inside Cataclysm.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

"Limbo can enter and exit the rift at his choosing by rolling.  Instead of a regular dodge-roll, he does a small "warp" and toggles his presence between planes. He can do this for FREE, as many times as he wants."

"

Limbo's second skill rework: Stasis.

Since Rift Walk has become his passive, he needs a new second skill . 

Stasis instantly freezes ALL enemies and  enemy projectiles that are currently in the rift for a couple of seconds."

GG @Futurehero

Lol. I actually wanted to mention that! Nice find dude.

Really on point of them to actually go for ZA WARUDO!!!  Limbo.  Also Banish being AOE is really nice as well , and that third ability is actually much better than whatever i suggested!.

I'm actually quite impressed :)

EDIT: Do I get to pat myself on the back for my title actually being accurate? (BTW I'm joking here, they took some nice ideas that they probably had beforehand, they just happened to also thing time-stopping and rift rolling were awesome concepts as well)

Edited by Futurehero

6 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I'd hold on very gingerly onto that, might not have been intentional.

Yeah I saw it but I have trouble believing it will make it into the final build. DE has been stubborn on that particular point for years. 

And she still couldn't hack or activate life support while in the rift as far as I could tell, although I don't think she tried to do so after putting surrounding area of console/life support in a Cataclysm. 

Still though overall the changes look really good. 

Edited by Tesseract7777