The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate feels a bit more cruel and sadistic now

Hypernaut1

With the old exterminate, it at least felt like maybe we were accomplishing a goal. Exterminate all enemies, leave the post empty for what ever reason. Now it feels like we're just harassing the enemy, and killing for the pure fun of killing. We kill 100 or so, then just leave when we're bored.

Its a bit more sadistic no? Lotus is brutal

I think the reason for this is because the particular unit we wipe out is vulnerable: normally they would be in a part of their ship or Outpost that we can't access or is to heavily guarded to be worth raiding, but sometimes they appear where we can sneak in through vents and such. that, and they need to be culled. it serves as a constant reminder: "we're still awake, we're still here, and we still don't like what you're doing, so until you stop, we're killing your guys!"

besides, it's nice to kick back and cut off a few heads at a steadier pace sometimes. even magic space ninjas gotta slow down sometimes!

6 minutes ago, 2ply said:

It's called population control. This has been going on for ages.

Lol, ho  many kills has the entire population of warframe gotten?  I have 400000 alone and my clan has over 4,000,000,000 alone?  The total kills over all tenno and all clans would totally well over 100 billion,  maybe even a trillion or so.  Is this population control or extinction?

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

With the old exterminate, it at least felt like maybe we were accomplishing a goal. Exterminate all enemies, leave the post empty for what ever reason. Now it feels like we're just harassing the enemy, and killing for the pure fun of killing. We kill 100 or so, then just leave when we're bored.

Sadistic is obtaining a kubrow egg.  Go to a planet.  Commit kubrow genocide.  If no egg drops, go to another planet and kill all the dogs once again.

2 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Lol, ho  many kills has the entire population of warframe gotten?  I have 400000 alone and my clan has over 4,000,000,000 alone?  The total kills over all tenno and all clans would totally well over 100 billion,  maybe even a trillion or so.  Is this population control or extinction?

Is Genocide of a race of clones possible?

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

Population control. Successfully colonizing space means a much much larger population is obtainable than what we currently have on earth. Those numbers may be a mere drop in the bucket for all we know.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Population control. Successfully colonizing space means a much much larger population is obtainable than what we currently have on earth. Those numbers may be a mere drop in the bucket for all we know.

Lols,  HEY TENNO FRIENDS. We're 1/10th of the way to killing all grineer, after three years, and 5 trillion kills latter,  we only have 1 qunitillion left :P

2 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Actually. Yea.  It does make it seem more cruel when you think about it.  Maybe it'd be good to give exterminated a two part goal.  Exterminate the enemy and disable/destroy the 'mission area.' Giving it a purpose would make it less mechanical.  

The purpose is to crush enemy morale by dwindling their numbers in that area. If they are feeling bummed out from all the mass murder, then they will hold off on harassing colonist or cease their operations for the time being.

Cruel and Sadistic are terms that describe us quite well.
Being that all we ever do is coat the walls in our enemies' entrails.

I like the change, since it still feels like an Exterminate to me.
Don't really care that we're killing more than necessary.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

23 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Two words: Inbreeding Grineer.

Makes more sense considering we never control the nodes for even a milisecond. 

We break their moralle, they occupy the node until reinforcements show up.

Then probably the weak soldiers (the ones who survived) are likely killed and the new ones take over.

56 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Is Genocide of a race of clones possible?

Grineer are cloned from a teamplate... it would be safe to say only 2 are needed... 1 for male and 1 for female... with some modifications on the side... different names but the same person...

Well... when it comes down to it, we are killing the same 2 people over and over...

By the definition of genocide its killing a large group of unique individuals... which means....

Hory Sheit! We are NOT commiting genocide against the Grineer!!

mind-blown.gif

55 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Sadistic is obtaining a kubrow egg.  Go to a planet.  Commit kubrow genocide.  If no egg drops, go to another planet and kill all the dogs once again.

Nope.

Sadistic is being able to only hold one egg at a time yet every time you break a kubrow den, an egg drops that you cannot pick up because of that 1 egg you already have. 

These clones are endless. These robots keep being made. When we cut down 100 each, the game system generates 10000000 more per second we are in that mission. Do not fret about it. There are nodes where not a Frame sets foot that sits totally fine. Outpost that get wiped clean are refilled faster than se can leave them. Infested take over more than we will ever cease to exist as they take over machine and man alike. 

We are a moving wave that can never drown the full system. We move things along one way and then they move back (hunters, events, Formorian/Razorback). Do not fret. I betcha more Goomba and Zombies are killed than what we do in this 4+ years if playing. But we are catching up......

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think they can change it so we must "exterminate"  certain type of enemy.

lets say " kill all the nullifers in the entier game"..... forever.

All jokes aside, this little change could give them reason again.

Grineer mission: kill 100 butchers