The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia

W00FR

4 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

Octavia is an elegant name. Not sure I'd describe the bard frame as elegant but hey :p

(Meanwhile, TIL: there is a MLP character with that name. And people seem to think that character is the reason Bard frame is called Octavia. What.)

Because Glen, perhaps.

I think the "brony element" alone should have been enough to warn DE off of picking that name, because the psychological profile of your average MLP fan indicates the possibility of unnecessarily divisive forum topics like this one.

25 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

(Meanwhile, TIL: there is a MLP character with that name. And people seem to think that character is the reason Bard frame is called Octavia. What.)

I am pretty sure nobody thinks that.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

It's a name. Personally, I look at it and think "That's the best the Design Council can come up with?"

But then I think "Well, they did name the magnetic frame 'Mag,' so fiendishly clever nicknames aren't really a strong suit."

I don't remember being able to vote on a list :P  They chose from a pool of names.  feminizing the word Octave into "Octavia" isn't actually that bad.  It just so happens that (Surprise surprise) something else has used that phrase/name/identity before...

28 minutes ago, achromos said:

I don't remember being able to vote on a list :P  They chose from a pool of names.  feminizing the word Octave into "Octavia" isn't actually that bad.  It just so happens that (Surprise surprise) something else has used that phrase/name/identity before...

I didn't expect to get a vote. It just seems like, well, obvious. But there aren't a lot of non-obvious names in the game. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

It's a name. Personally, I look at it and think "That's the best the Design Council can come up with?"

But then I think "Well, they did name the magnetic frame 'Mag,' so fiendishly clever nicknames aren't really a strong suit."

Oi We were given NO choose . DE just decided the name with a vote ,  I had suggested Balladaeia , Balladia ? Balladeia ? onne of those. Because Bards use to play Ballades 

meh, dunno why people get so riled up over the name, what matters is how the frame actually performs.. save the sighing and "ermahgerhd yu mezzed up DE"! for if the frame turns out to be bad (I reckon it should be alright, but probably won't live up to Nidus, those are big shoes to fill)..

13 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

meh, dunno why people get so riled up over the name, what matters is how the frame actually performs.. save the sighing and "ermahgerhd yu mezzed up DE"! for if the frame turns out to be bad (I reckon it should be alright, but probably won't live up to Nidus, those are big shoes to fill)..

I see her more of a support frame, still looking forward to her. I love that sequencer gimmicks :D

Well I'd've greatly preferred if they'd've gone with "Lyra" instead, becase "Lyre" be the thing Bards use, but with this train wreck of a name being the case instead, I'll just default to the true name of all Bards...

Image result for spoony bard shakespeare

Spoony the Bardframe, welcome to the family, son.

5 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Well I'd've greatly preferred if they'd've gone with "Lyra" instead, becase "Lyre" be the thing Bards use, but with this train wreck of a name being the case instead, I'll just default to the true name of all Bards...

Stereotypically, bards actually used the lute.

Also, fun fact: Lyra was one of the proposed names for the Helios sentinel.

17 hours ago, Neptlude said:

While ye guys' Octavia is a pony... I guess a few of us only know this version of Octavia. 

-snip-

Her helmet also kinda looks like Octavia Frame's Helmet. 

For me is also Sailor Saturn! <3

268.jpeg?type=w2

(In the italian adaptation her name is "Ottavia". <_<) 

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

We didn't name Mag DE did we got Nova, Nekros, Ivara, Titania, Nidus and I think Mesa but I may be wrong on that one.

And why can't some folks just be happy with a name that's simple yet elegant?

Its a hell of a lot better then some of the names I can recall reading many were mangled versions of music pieces or notations and an large number of them were character names from various music based animes. We ain't the most imaginative bunch when it comes to finding a name hell look at Titania one guy suggested it cause Oberon..... that's it that was the reason and it stuck like a bad smell.