Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon riven calling its fans

eraze93

Question

Soo, i have heard tiberon have great fanbase? lol

so i got this on my 20th roll.
pwVvfBb.jpg

so if you hardcore tiberon fans shud i reroll?
it give no recoil whatsoever. hahahaha.

but i think the best of tiberon come from +damage +multishot +punchthru?

21 answers to this question

Getting more damage is usually a decent justification for the mod slots that Rivens take. Getting at least some power and some useful utility ability can really make the high cost and costly kuva and randomness seem worth it when you finally get a useful one.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Tiberon is a gun that no riven will save. Its damage, crit and status are rock bottom. 

You sure there man? I ran with a Mr 5 player with bad mods but his tiberon got him through 90% of the star chart as well as being able to kill sentients. Doesn't sound like rock bottom to me. 

38 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

You sure there man? I ran with a Mr 5 player with bad mods but his tiberon got him through 90% of the star chart as well as being able to kill sentients. Doesn't sound like rock bottom to me. 

He's likely one of those that if it isn't a Spamulor or Tigris Prime it's MR fodder and complete garbage.

49 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I ran with a Mr 5 player with bad mods but his tiberon got him through 90% of the star chart as well as being able to kill sentients. Doesn't sound like rock bottom to me. 

Produce his build for testing then. I am sure xXx_mtv_xXx would change his opinion if you gave him something he could test, not just fairy tales about MR5 warriors with tiberons striking fear into sentients.

Edited by SeaUrchins

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Tiberon is a gun that no riven will save. Its damage, crit and status are rock bottom. 

Disagree there mate.

Tiberon is just 5 points of damage shy when compared to Boltor Prime, which was the meta back in the days. Except its hitscan.

All you need is to get is damage + multishot and you are golden.

And maybe reload speed because 2 seconds is too long for a gun that can shoot only 10 times (in bursts).

3 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'd like to weigh in here, as the owner of a Tiberon Riven with + Damage, + Fire Rate and + Heat. while the lack of Crit/status can eventually affect the weapon's scalability, the raw damage alone has served me fairly well up until around level 65 or so. bearing in mind that one can always bring a Nova or Banshee to soften up enemies greatly. I doubt a Banshee with a Tiberon would have any problems killing anything even in sorties. ideally, you'd want a Riven that gives Damage, Multishot and Punchthrough, but the chances of such a good roll are pretty slim to say the least.

either way, I'm a huge fan of the Tiberon. it's a good rifle, it just requires a little investment to get it there, as do so many non-meta weapons. that's the saving grace of Rivens really: they help underappreciated and underpowered guns become worthwhile and allow you a change from the usual Meta.

51 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Disagree there mate.

Tiberon is just 5 points of damage shy when compared to Boltor Prime, which was the meta back in the days. Except its hitscan.

And maybe reload speed because 2 seconds is too long for a gun that can shoot only 10 times (in bursts).

But the Boltor prime is automatic and has a reasonable status chance comparing to the Tiberon. Also the bolts will "stick" enemies essentially having punchthrough. It's not a fair comparison.

14 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Dear forum moderators

Riven forum. Please.

Sincerely, us.

Don't click on threads that say riven clearly in the title then lol. Seems like an easy solution to your issue. There are a lot of topics that can be put into their own forums, but diluting the forums so much will keep the community separated.

Just now, Ker-Blammo said:

But the Boltor prime is automatic and has a reasonable status chance comparing to the Tiberon. Also the bolts will "stick" enemies essentially having punchthrough. It's not a fair comparison.

Automatic and burst are the same thing to me. You can just spam LMB.

Status on boltor doesn't interest me at all. Its neat to proc frost sometimes, but otherwise i just need the damage.

Punch through on boltor is also questionable. Sticking enemies works for one-shot bows, but not for full auto assault rifle (i believe only the final shot counts).

And real punch through doesn't work efficiently on boltor - projectiles start losing momentum after penetrating something. So its only good for shooting enemies that are close to the cover.

Just put "shred" in tiberon. Bursts are faster (and shorter) so is less the cooldown between them. DPS increases drastically and bullets will have a normal punchthrough as well.

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

Disagree there mate.

Just because you don't care for it doesn't mean it doesn't work efficiently. Status is king in this game, and on an auto weapon, you can destroy a 100+ corrupted heavy gunner in no time. My twin wraith vipers only have 20% corro and can melt a 145 gunner in 2 magazines. Which is about 5 seconds including the reload. Also, lets not forget that the boltor prime only used to be considered the best gun before. But then again so did the acrid at one point in time. So did the akbronco.

Just face it, the tiberon needs something really specific to even be kind of viable at higher levels. I'm sure the primed version of it will be great, but until then, it's just sort of a "pet" weapon.

edit, woops, quoted the wrong message, but same user so just roll with it.:clem:

Edited by Ker-Blammo

Just now, Ker-Blammo said:

Just because you don't care for it doesn't mean it doesn't work efficiently. Status is king in this game, and on an auto weapon, you can destroy a 100+ corrupted heavy gunner in no time. My twin wraith vipers only have 20% corro and can melt a 145 gunner in 2 magazines. Which is about 5 seconds including the reload. Also, lets not forget that the boltor prime only used to be considered the best gun before. But then again so did the acrid at one point in time. So did the akbronco.

Just face it, the tiberon needs something really specific to even be kind of viable at higher levels. I'm sure the primed version of it will be great, but until then, it's just sort of a "pet" weapon.

edit, woops, quoted the wrong message, but same user so just roll with it.:clem:

I honestly loved tiberon and i used it quiet a lot. Sortie 3 grineers is where stuff gets annoying, but otherwise it worked everywhere else.

Its accurate (good for headshots), has no recoil and delivers a decent punch. My only issue is bad mag-size to reload speed relation. And somewhat crappy textures that need an update.

While i understand that crits and status are good, but sometimes i just want the good old no-gimmick brick-in-the-face weapon. Tiberon exists solely for this reason.

I'd give tiberon 7/10. A good riven can easily make it 9/10.

1 minute ago, Artek94 said:

I honestly loved tiberon and i used it quiet a lot. Sortie 3 grineers is where stuff gets annoying, but otherwise it worked everywhere else.

Its accurate (good for headshots), has no recoil and delivers a decent punch. My only issue is bad mag-size to reload speed relation. And somewhat crappy textures that need an update.

While i understand that crits and status are good, but sometimes i just want the good old no-gimmick brick-in-the-face weapon. Tiberon exists solely for this reason.

I'd give tiberon 7/10. A good riven can easily make it 9/10.

I don't blame you, it's an awesome looking weapon, but it's just for mid game. I'm sure it'll pull a galatine prime when the prime comes out and be total powercreep. Lol. Until then though, find something better for those sortie 3s :p

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Yeah right lol next thing you will tell me is that he oneshotted sortie kela with it? XD

Most weapons in this game are just mastery fodder, especially weapons with low damage, crit and status.

You can turn some mediocre weapons like the Stradavar into beasts with an amazing riven, but not this one.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

10 hours ago, eraze93 said:

Soo, i have heard tiberon have great fanbase? lol

so i got this on my 20th roll.
so if you hardcore tiberon fans shud i reroll?
it give no recoil whatsoever. hahahaha.

but i think the best of tiberon come from +damage +multishot +punchthru?

Worm Holed from General Discussion to Players helping Players.