Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full Reset of Rebalanced Weapons

Hello, I am a salty Tonkor (ab)user. When I read the changes, I was very, very sad.

But that's ok. My problem is with the give-back. It is fine that the Tonkor was changed, but getting only one forma back is simply not fair. I have invested 4 forma, a Catalyst, and a Naramon Lens into the weapon. One forma is not enough, and though the booster is nice, it still doesn't make up for the resources I, and probably many others have put into nerfed weapons.

I propose instead a full reset of the weapon. If the weapon is in your arsenal, the weapon's rank and forma count will be set to 0, and a catalyst/lens removed from the weapon, and the polarities reverting to their default. The removed resources should be placed in the player's inventory. For example, I would receive 4 forma, my Naramon Lens, and a catalyst in my inventory, and the tonkor would be reset to its base, as if it were just collected from the foundry.

I have invested a fair amount onto the weapon, and I really do not wish to see those resources to go to waste. It is totally fine if you want to rebalance your weapons (tbh, the Tonkor kind of had it coming), and I really do appreciate you giving us a forma per weapon and an affinity booster. But please, give us back at least what we put in, and if we decide we still like the weapon, we can always reinstall those resources.

Edit: Reading the stuff in the thread, some people agree with me, but other people believe that the forma and the booster are more than enough compensation, because there is no real need for compensation at all. Reading their reasoning, I totally understand why they think so, and all I'm doing is expressing my frustration that the investment into a weapon I enjoyed using might be invalidated (due to not being able to use it to full effectiveness in the future), and some people do agree with me. So perhaps there should be at least the option of forfeiting the extra forma and the booster for a reset option, done in the manner I described.

Edited by Endless_Destruction
Turns out people have different opinions :)

How is it not fair? You got your time's worth out of it while using it. And it's not like they'll take your weapon away, it will most likely be just as viable except that you won't be able to face tank its damage. 

Be grateful that you`ll not only get a 40p booster, but also a 10p forma, instead of jack'squat. 

Edited by aligatorno

3 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

but getting only one forma back is simply not fair

So what about it is not fair?
When you made your warframe-account you accepted the fact DE can change anything whenever they want. There is no need for them to give you anything.
So please tell us more about the fariness and stuff.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

No thanks, I'd like to keep my catalyst, lens, and forma and have no desire to level these weapons multiple times again. It's free forma and a booster to use on whatever I want as far as I'm concerned.

^^^^^

I think that Rivens for the weapons should be reset to 0 rerolls just by virtue of the fact that some of the weapons have had fundemental shifts in how they're used, including which stats on rivens are valuable to those weapons. For example, I had a buzlok with + impact dmg on it, now that the buzlok is only 50% impact as opposed to the old 80%+? I think that there's a case to be made that they've devalued my riven stats and now i have to reroll to get stats that are more effective for the buzlok.

To be fair how many extra polarities are really going to be added and changed? I haven't used the Tonkor in forever, so I'm a bit rusty on the mechanics and stats, but I'm pretty sure you mod for damage and AoE, and maybe magazine size or ammo reserve if you care for a third shot or not to run out of ammo right away, maybe even fire rate if you fancy that

13 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

Hello, I am a salty Tonkor (ab)user. When I read the changes, I was very, very sad.

But that's ok. My problem is with the give-back. It is fine that the Tonkor was changed, but getting only one forma back is simply not fair. I have invested 4 forma, a Catalyst, and a Naramon Lens into the weapon. One forma is not enough, and though the booster is nice, it still doesn't make up for the resources I, and probably many others have put into nerfed weapons.

I propose instead a full reset of the weapon. If the weapon is in your arsenal, the weapon's rank and forma count will be set to 0, and a catalyst/lens removed from the weapon, and the polarities reverting to their default. The removed resources should be placed in the player's inventory. For example, I would receive 4 forma, my Naramon Lens, and a catalyst in my inventory, and the tonkor would be reset to its base, as if it were just collected from the foundry.

I have invested a fair amount onto the weapon, and I really do not wish to see those resources to go to waste. It is totally fine if you want to rebalance your weapons (tbh, the Tonkor kind of had it coming), and I really do appreciate you giving us a forma per weapon and an affinity booster. But please, give us back at least what we put in, and if we decide we still like the weapon, we can always reinstall those resources.

Agreed I want my forma/catalyst/lenses back or plat equal to what's on the weapons.

31 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

It is fine that the Tonkor was changed, but getting only one forma back is simply not fair.

It's completely fair, they aren't cutting off a limb or removing your catalyst, you're literally getting a free forma and affinity booster for nothing.

DE hasn't done this for any other nerfs (off the top of my head) and people are still going to complain? You're being given free stuff whilst DE attempts to make the game better. That's more than fair imo.

It's a free forma, you still have the weapon with the forma invested (And it will still be really strong, np with that. It's like Trin you can nerf it 5 times it was so broken it's not a big deal). You'll maybe have to press more buttons, but that's a good thing I'm tired of afk farmers.

59 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

How is it not fair? You got your time's worth out of it while using it. And it's not like they'll take your weapon away, it will most likely be just as viable except that you won't be able to face tank its damage. 

Be grateful that you`ll not only get a 40p booster, but also a 10p forma, instead of jack'squat. 

This.

The weapons were ranked, forma-ed, mod-ed and all the benefits of such were reaped.

They're not taking away all the "stuff" that was earned while the op weapons were op.

It's just that from "henceforth, they shall not be as op anymore, long live the king!"

People that used the weapons benefited from them, they didn't take those benefits away.

It's like should I get mad at Blizzard because I used to pay money to play WoW and now I don't?! So Blizz should totally refund all my money! =p

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Jackviator said:

What about everyone who will continue using the rebalanced weapons? This would reset all the progress they've made formaing the weapons and whatnot. Not everyone is just going to abandon these things forever upon the changes going live.

I said that we would always be able to reinstall the gear, given that in my post, the material taken out would be replaced in our inventory. Levelling up gear has never been difficult, though I suppose implementing my idea without the consent of the player would be a bad idea. Perhaps it should be an option, at the cost of forfeiting the extra forma and the booster.

You already got to use your overpowered weapon with Formas, and they are not removing the weapon from you. You can still keep using it.

The formas and boosters DE are giving is just good will from them, they don't have to give anything back from nerfing an OP weapon.

well, after reading all the OP, I can safely say THAT is how you handle a change that doesn't go your way: no salt, just acceptance of facts and proposed alternatives, delivered in a constructive and civilised manner that encourages discussion.

@Endless_Destruction, thumbs up for not caving into the salt like so many others have today. :clap: 

It's one and done dude. If the weapon was trashed hard with nerfs, just can the thing and move on. I put 3 forma in the Synoid Simulor and used it as a last resort weapon. These changes are affecting everyone, whether they're abusers or responsible players.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

5 hours ago, Jackviator said:

What about everyone who will continue using the rebalanced weapons? This would reset all the progress they've made formaing the weapons and whatnot. Not everyone is just going to abandon these things forever upon the changes going live.

This. If they auto-reset all nerfed weapons, that might upset players who are fine with the nerf and had put time and effort into leveling the weapons. I know I would.

A better solution would be giving an NPC that could "de-scramble" the weapon. Maybe a weird Cephalon who has a knack for disassembling things. Nerfed weapons would receive a tag where it could get disassembled. You bring it to the Cephalon, and "trade" it for a fresh rank 0 of the same weapon, with the same number of Forma and potato also refunded. The script should be simple enough: check for flag, check if there's potato, check how many forma in it, remove weapon and spawn new weapon, spawn the number of forma, spawn potato.

So then we have the option of keeping what we have and refund important resources for those that no longer want the weapon.

4 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

Maybe I read the wrong post, but where does it say DE is taking the old guns and giving you a complete rest level 0 gun? 

Nowhere, its what OP wants.

All our Forma and Catalyst refounded to us... so we will have to level it up and Forma all over again even if you are fine with the change.