The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full account resets once Beta is over?

Zepp_

I've been thinking a lot about this, and once Warframe leaves Beta I think there is a really good chance they will reset everyone's account back to zero and refund all spent plat to your account so everyone can start fresh.

Lots of games have done this, and it would make sense is Warframe did it, too.

I am looking forward to doing the Star Chart from scratch as intended after the most recent Star Chart update.  I've always been bummed that I missed out on that by having it all unlocked.  I am also looking forward to collecting all the frames again.  I like the collection process.

Which part are you most looking forward to?

eheh, I don't think everything if that happens. DE will recieve a massive backlash if they took everything away from everyone's accounts and made them start over from scratch.

IF they happen to do that sort of thing, they would probably, for the most part, reset your weapons, frames, archwings, etc. back to Rank 0. Of course they'd need to keep those formas and potatos people have put into them or else people WILL complain to no ends of the earth.

Edited by Flashbinder
That thought

I would personally hate to have to get everything again after spending 4+ years in the game. But I think an option to choose a fresh start or not (with all your purchased plat refunded) would be best, considering some players might enjoy going through all content/farming once more.

Warframe won't be finished unless it's shutdown. As it is, it's one of the best all around examples of a games-as-a-service, which means it will continue active development to maintain its market position and keep DE solvent. Beta is, for this type of game, an antiquated status that doesn't really fit the current environment of development.

More pointedly, many players have a truly staggering investment in their accounts, and for DE to gut that would be completely disastrous to its relationship with its community.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

I'm gonna be honest, that would be pretty insulting. 

"Hey, after 4+ years in beta we're finally satisfied with where the game is at and are ready for an official release. We've also decided to throw away your 1.7k+ (for me in particular) hours down the drain, but worry not, you get your semi-worthless in-game currency back because we screwed you and essentially wasted every second of time you spent in this game previously."

Try asking Support for a personal account reset and hope they oblige.

If an account reset was offered as an option then I'm fine with that. If it was forced once "beta" is over, then i would quit the game. While I understand some may like to experience everything again, I absolutely do not want to lose my progress over these three years. 

Tldr: beta will never end

20 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

and once Warframe leaves Beta

Its cute that you think Warframe is in beta.  All that tag really implied is that they can buff or nerf things as they see fit and that will always apply to this game.  That doesn't mean the game is in a beta state as that term is normally applied.  And you'll notice that DE stopped using the term any where a good while back.

If you want an account reset just create an alternate.  That is what I, and many other players have done because like you I wanted to experience the content fresh.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

1 minute ago, Calwon5 said:

If an account reset was offered as an option then I'm fine with that. If it was forced once "beta" is over, then i would quit the game. While I understand some may like to experience everything again, I absolutely do not want to lose my progress over these three years. 

Tldr: beta will never end

Right...if anything it would be an option...not a mandatory wipe. That would be incredibly stupid and unnessecary for DE to do that after taking our money for years. I do think Warframe will eventually come out of beta. Just because a game is out of beta doesn't mean the content stops. Hehe it's pretty much how every AAA video game is today right? Games come out with season pass microtransactions or dlc that people pay for years in advance. 

In one, or several, devstreams they have made VERY clear that a mandatory wipe will not happen. Ever. 

And yes, if (and that's a big IF) the time comes, a reset will be optional. That too was mentioned more then once in devstreams.

tl;dr: you're joking right? That was too long...??? smh...

39 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

-snip-

Won't happen, since there is a far more valuable resource than platinum a lot of players have invested into the game: time. What can you possibly give back to players that have 8000+ hours played? Any games that you know which have reset the accounts once they left the beta (I personally don't know any) surely didn't have 4 years since they were in beta...

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

34 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

Lots of games have done this, and it would make sense is Warframe did it, too.

Umm... No it doesn't. It doesn't at all. You see, warframe has premium currency and a payment model. If a game charges you money, it's not in Beta. We're calling it beta these days mostly cause PC is the QA before console releases.

Most of the cash incentives in the game are to rush production so an account wipe will clear all the time, effort and money people have spent which is why you'll never get wiped. Farm in peace tenno. 

We had an optional reset 4 years ago. It was a lot more forgiving to reset back then because the game wasn't 4+ years old... Most players are too far gone to consider resetting their account, with literally thousands of hours logged in missions.