Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the next Cinematic Quest?

Great.Dane

As far as I know, it will be about the so called "Umbra" and probably we will be able to have access to Excalibur Umbra (a slightly better version of Excalibur, obviously).

Hunhow and the Shadow Stalker will be related to that (My own thought, since "Umbra" translates into "Shadow". Now look at the Shadow Stalker and Hunhow. As an addition, Hunhow appeared in the latest quest, Octavia's Anthem.).

That's all we know so far.

Just now, Gabriel_98 said:

Maybe a quest for Umbra or for the introduction of the sentinels :P

*Sentients

but they were introducted already? Hunhow, and the sentient machines, we've seen them quite often.

We dont know yet but the scene seems poised for it considering the big release with Octavia and other stuff is out now although Id rather they didn't tell us anything if possible. I dont want another TWW delay. DE should take their time and reveal the next cinematic quest when they really ready for it.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

But... sentinels are just.... sentinels.

We're both talking about the same small stupid AI that floats around you head, but never actually do what you expect it to do?

Nop, they aren't just sentinels.
Their lore is really vague and intersting.

According to our low know about them, they should be some weak-minded sentients, not connected to Hunhow's mind.
But the fact Corpus and Grineer create their own sentinels (Helios and Diriga) make the lore even more confusing that it already is. 

1 minute ago, Hieracon said:

We dont know yet but the scene seems poised for it considering the big release with Octavia and other stuff is out now although Id rather they didn't tell us anything if possible. I dont want another TWW delay. DE should take their time and reveal the next cinematic quest when they really ready for it.

Exacly, I dont care for big updates. DE can work on it in secret for all I care and give us smaller updates, the game wont fall down from it. Big updates are only recent thing and TWW delay proved that making it too big to boost hype is not a good thing. More updates like U20, not TWW.

i dont know what its about but it needs to be that last door. we cant jump through the glass on the ship and walk around any more. its bugging me. its not a dj booth for octavia thats handled in the arsenal. the infirmary doesnt do much. the operator room is only used for focus. the ship is supposed to be from way back in the old war right? how about some orokin stuffs. like a portable portal to the void

if the ship isnt from the old war and its just ordis then why the hell is helmith overrunning the infirmary. thats no normal infested thingy. rambling about having all life coiled within itself. played hundreds of derelict missions never had a conversation with a corrupted ancient

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

Nop, they aren't just sentinels.
Their lore is really vague and intersting.

According to our low know about them, they should be some weak-minded sentients, not connected to Hunhow's mind.
But the fact Corpus and Grineer create their own sentinels (Helios and Diriga) make the lore even more confusing that it already is. 

Never heard anything related to sentinel lore, to me they've always been an AI built to accomplish a certain task.
So now they're small sentient that can be built? I'm not really buying it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Never heard anything related to sentinel lore, to me they've always been an AI built to accomplish a certain task.
So now they're small sentient that can be built? I'm not really buying it.

Fragments state they were discovered. One can assume faction based Sentinels are modified versions of the original discoveries.

5b6a211127d1c3cd742a8d28af91ddf1.png

Edited by LazerSkink

5 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

Why did they do a quest for kubrows but not for the sentinels? I think we need a quest to explain their origins.

Well, 'you think'. You don't exactly know they have any sliver of an idea to make something like that. Besides, the Kubrow quest is ANCIENT and very simplistic (no way near a cinematic quest). If they had any desire whatsoever to make anything like that, they would have done so ages ago.

1 minute ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Well, 'you think'. You don't exactly know they have any sliver of an idea to make something like that. Besides, the Kubrow quest is ANCIENT and very simplistic (no way near a cinematic quest). If they had any desire whatsoever to make anything like that, they would have done so ages ago.

Maybe they didn't did it ages ago because they want to do something "special"?? I remember they said something about a quest for the sentinels but we only get the new sentinel Taxon without any quest, so I think they will make a quest with another new sentinel.

Firstly, I suspect the next cinematic quest will involve Umbra, Stalker, and Hunhow. Reasons.

So far as the Sentinels are concerned, evidence suggests that none of the Sentinels we've come across are the original "designs." I say this because of the way Tenno tech works and deductions from what little lore there is in regard to the Sentinels themselves--my logic proceeds as follows:

• Our Tenno tech is, by far and wide, just weaker redesigns of the original Orokin-produced models (the Primes).
  • There are Orokin designs of Sentinels (Primes).
  • Sentinels were discovered by accident--it is highly unlikely that they started out as "Primes" because the lore says they resembled the Sentients, and the Sentients do not look like they are "Primed."
  • Thusly one can deduce that the original Sentinels were taken to be studied by the Orokin, and were eventually redesigned to maximize combat effectiveness against the Sentients, and to better synergize with the Warframes.
  • The non-Prime Sentinels we possess are--like our other tech--simpler redesigns of the Orokin designs, either at our own hands or those of the other factions.

In conclusion, there are some "gross-looking black starfish" Sentinels out there, waiting to be rediscovered.

As to who created the Sentinels in the first place...I think the most likely culprits are either Archimedian Perintol who created (or possibly re-created) the Sentients--or Natah, who before making her presence in the Origin System known created them to assist the Tenno with the Orokin regicide, and then afterward turn on us and obliterate us (see Helios turning on us in the "safety" of our Orbiter as part of TWW quest line for that plan's efficacy)...but then she became Space Mom and turned off the "Kill Your Family" protocol.

Either scenario seems likely, but the latter would be more meaty story-telling.

The Tenno go through "the phase" and start getting Umbra parts. They listen to Linkin Park and start going "yeah! I'm a rebel! I hate my parents! nobody understand me!"

Don't worry, in the end, a talking animal saves them with guidance and they end up singing something of the "Let It Go" caliber. And everyone praises this story and I die inside a little.