The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender of Warframes is starting to get unbalanced.

Tesseract7777

23 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oh guys, don't bring Equinox into the table now. We all know how that is going to end.

Why not? Because the people who wanted Equinox to be a walking social statement are going to get upset? Let them.

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I realized I never answered your question, Tesseract.

Should the Warframes maintain a 1:1 sex ratio?  I don't think it's required to enjoy the game.

Do I care if they do?  Not really.  Each Warframe stands on it's own merits and not it's genitals.  (Although, with those codpieces, some sure can try)

If it weren't for DE flat out saying "This one is Fe/Male!" on some of the new Warframes, I would view them as entirely androgynous.

I rather like that, actually.  It moves the attention from "tee hee, boobies" to "I just killed the entire map!"

Solution? TennoGen.  Allow the skin creators to make sex specific skins for the people that care enough to spend the money.

People wanna be nit picky make em pay money for it... sounds fair to me!

And so poetically justified. xD

8 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Why not? Because the people who wanted Equinox to be a walking social statement are going to get upset? Let them.

I think it was more like the other way around?

Anyways, it usually ends painfully.

Spoiler

Painfully = thread locked

Technically the gender of the tenno is whatever you choose as your operator, even then, that is debatable and fairly fluid.

The Warframes are just hunks of metal and partially infested meat, fashioned into anthromorphic forms. Yay transhumanism! 

Edited by SilverBones

2 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

Technically the gender of the tenno is whatever you choose as your operator, even then, that is debatable and fairly fluid.

The Warframes are just hunks of metal and partially infested meat, fashioned into anthromorphic forms. Yay transhumanism! 

You've been gone for so long...

Who the heck cares? Seriously. I don't give a rats behind if the thing has %$# or no %$#. If it kills things, that's what matters. People need to stop getting wrapped up in this stupid more this gender more that gender in games.

-Says gender does not matter...

-Then says they shouldn't balance the genders.

wut?

Make up your mind, if you don't care then you... wait for it... shouldn't care if DE balanced the genders to appease those of us with OCD that like balance. If you are AGAINST balancing the genders, that is a whole other argument.

3 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

NO SJW IN THIS GAME PLS!!

But... but the Tenno are the SJWs in their universe! Fighting against fascistic racist oppressors and greedy capitalist corporations for the poor and disenfranchised! Hey Grineers! You're given your gun and armor immediately after they pulled you from your tubes! You didn't earn those! Check your privileges! Hack the Bursas! Spread the wealth!

Personally, I find that I pick a frame based on their kit when going into a mission.

That said, there are people for whom this matters, especially in a genre (video games in general and shooters specifically) that has centered around male protagonists pretty much since video games became a thing.  DE seems to think that having parity of sorts is something that is inclusive to all, and I agree with them.

Does having gender parity harm any of you in any way?  Do you think it could be beneficial to those who aren't as represented in the gaming world?

Lastly to those who complain about gender politics...your stance is a political stance.  You can't be neutral on a moving train, and trying to forbid discussions only serves to uphold the status quo.