Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Truth be told, I can't see forcing myself to die for my teammates benefit being fun or beneficial in really any way when they have no reason to pick me back up.

I'd rather he just have an ability that could have a secondary revival effect to those in range.

Sacrificing himself could mean so many things though. It could mean taking damage for allies, and such like. I can think of several things that don't necessarily involve being downed. I'm actually hoping that his abilities don't involve going down for allies a lot, unless he has some passive mechanics and inbuilt ability mechanics that make him ressurect himself for real (not like the Inaros gimmick), or actually buff him and make him stronger as a reward for "sacrificing himself". 

I just really don't want to see some ability where in order to protect an ally, he goes down in their place or something... that would just be kind of gimmicky I think. 

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sacrificing himself could mean so many things though. It could mean taking damage for allies, and such like. I can think of several things that don't necessarily involve being downed. I'm actually hoping that his abilities don't involve going down for allies a lot, unless he has some passive mechanics and inbuilt ability mechanics that make him ressurect himself for real (not like the Inaros gimmick), or actually buff him and make him stronger as a reward for "sacrificing himself". 

I just really don't want to see some ability where in order to protect an ally, he goes down in their place or something... that would just be kind of gimmicky I think. 

Yeah, I can understand the whole buffing yourself by essentially face tanking the damage your ally should take, yet just dying or going down for their benefit seems to be a little much, especially when you essentially need another player to even have such an ability or passive actually work. 

Yet, who knows, he could be akin to our other masochistic Warframe, Chroma, getting tougher the more damage he absorbs, redirecting it all to him and gaining a massive power boost, that, if he doesn't circumvent correctly, could down him or something. I think that could be interesting. Maybe even going down could give put him into a more powerful form, albeit with the bleedout timer in mind.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Warframe Religion thread, and no one has posted the holy prayer yet? Heresy:

DE, who art in Canada,

Loki be thy frame.

Thy relics come, thy primes be won,

On Earth as it is in Uranus.

Give us today a 75% coupon,

And forgive us our cheese strats,

As we forgive those who don't alt fire on Simulor.

And give us not another lens,

But deliver us from (Host migration in progress, please wait...).

For thine is the Lotus, the Losers, and the Holy Pablo,

Clem Clem

If anything, it could be the moment you get downed, everyone in your squad gets a massive buff for either a certain length of time or till you get revived or simply die. Sheesh, you could honestly make that increase bleed out timer mod useful. (No offence to anyone who actually use that mod.)

Edited by (XB1)Dr Nightroad

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Truth be told, I can't see forcing myself to die for my teammates benefit being fun or beneficial in really any way when they have no reason to pick me back up.

I'd rather he just have an ability that could have a secondary revival effect to those in range.

well 1, its just the passive and 2, you are not forcing yourself to do anything, how often has it happened that you run up to a fallen ally only to get killed yourself?
I mean they did die for a reason...

So now your death when trying to help someone would not be in vain, you go down which makes them live, and hell if they are then capable of casting some protecting ability to they can help you again, its a win win win.