Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Revisited: Prime Time Surprise and Next Steps!

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Slander630 said:

This all sounds promising, especially Renewal , the armor debuffing too, but as with every rework I'll have to take it with a grain of salt and wait to see how the final product holds up, while we are on the topic of Oberon, when's that sweet Oberon Prime reveal? 

Probably Tenno con

1 hour ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Now, make Hallowed Ground a circle instead of a cone.

My thoughts as well haha! Hallowed ground, not hallowed pizza slice :P

The problem with a cone shape is one end is always going to be narrow and provide minimal use.

Edited by main_antagonist

my personal ideas/addons for the rework-

more synergies--

1-4: enemies under the effects of his 4th(blinds/radiation), when hit with his 1 will have additional damage multiplier to his 1

1-2: enemies that are hit by his 1 while on his 2 will have a percentage of there base armor removed----helps focus on bigger enemies like bombards and etc.

3-4: activating 3 then 4 auto rolls out the wave to max range or doubles the speed

2-3-4: activating his 2 then using his 4 with enemies on it will remove the enemy armor, THEN activating his 3 will steal a percentage of each enemies total armor value removed by his 4. there will be a five second window after his 4 is casted and is NOT effected by duration (if this is too strong you can split the total value per ally and player on the 2)

if anyone else agrees with my ideas please up vote

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

I've always loved Oberon since I got him in April 2016 and over time I've invested several formas and two Arcane sets into him.

Now I love him even more. I'm really pleased with the rework for the most part and I'm happy that you listened to the community's (including my own) feedback about Renewal.

I'm personally fine with Hallowed Ground not being an aura because I've always only used it to strip procs and because now it will sort of be like Ice Wave Impedance where you cast it offensively to debuff enemies.

I now only have 2 gripes with it:

A) His Passive still being linked to animals.

I admit that this is much better than his old passive, however, it limits Oberon players to animal companions and puts you at a disadvantage for using sentinels like Carrier or Shade.

Personally, I would like one of two changes:

1) It affects Sentinels too.

2) Scrap this one and make a new one something like this: "When Oberon kills irradiated enemies, they have a chance of dropping a                           health orb/release a small healing pulse of 5-15 health."

Edit: 3) Just replace his passive with Vauban's. It fits and helps Oberon much more than it does Vauban.

B) Reckoning still only dropping health orbs when enemies are killed.

I understand that it would be semi-OP on the low end if they changed it to chance of dropping health orbs on hit instead of kill with its current health orb drop chance.

However, if you lowered the percentage from 50% to lets say 20%, you wouldn't be swimming in pools of health orbs, but you would have enough to make a build off of.

I feel that this change would greatly help his already decent survivability by making Health Conversion more viable.

Hopefully the rework still ships by the end of April, but it'll probably be delayed if you follow more suggestions to make Oberon better.

*To all of the people that have posted asking for it to be a flat armor buff from the Renewal/Hallowed Ground synergy instead of a percentage, watch the Prime Time clip again. In it, Rebecca and Megan confirm that it's a flat armor buff.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Probably Tenno con

Well lets hope its more on the nose of the usual 90-100 days spectrum of usual PA schedule, And not like the dragout from Trinity PA, which will forever linger in the back of my mind.

8 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

my thoughts too haha hallowed ground not hallowed pizza slice :P

Hallowed Pizza Slice XD

ninja-turtl-forgiveness-is-divine-but-ne

Edited by Slander630

Great.

Now I'd super appreciate it if you folks addressed the fact that with a Blind Rage AND an Intensify, level 30 something enemies were still alive after being hit with a Smite projectile. I really hope those were placeholder numbers, and the final product will actually be useful.

Hallowed Reckoning to leave radiated corpses so we can have a bit more control over where the Reckoning spawn zones are. 

No point having radiation spawn zones where the enemies won't be located, what I mean by this is that if the enemies came rushing in through a doorway and you turned them into radiation zones/corpses you know that more enemies are likely to pass through that spot and get effected by it.

When it's random with the way it currently works it could be near a wall no where near the pathing areas of the enemies themselves so it will not get used in an actual combat situation. 

I'm aware that nekros and some other mechanics of the game remove corpses, the point is the corpse would linger until it dissipates as usual but the radiation visuals for the Hallowed Reckoning would always have a 100% chance to spawn where an enemy has perished to the ability, in the case that there are no enemies around well make it random as it currently works so in short ... When there are enemies the Spawn zones are always where the corpses are, when there aren't it's random.

1 minute ago, Legion216 said:

Great.

Now I'd super appreciate it if you folks addressed the fact that with a Blind Rage AND an Intensify, level 30 something enemies were still alive after being hit with a Smite projectile. I really hope those were placeholder numbers, and the final product will actually be useful.

think of the sobek mod "acid shells", except its on hit and not on kill, weak at low levels but gets better as you go up higher. i know it might have been better to test the progress in MOT, but also notice that they were hitting possibly the weakest enemies in the lot

2 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Hallowed ground following is nice

Renewal orbs noooooo

I will miss the Renewal orb, because I run negative duration. If the rework hits, my Renewal wave won't reach far. GG gonna be called a selfish Oberon.

Edited by LogaMC1995

Just now, main_antagonist said:

Hallowed ground following is nice

Renewal orbs noooooo

Orbs are good, I don't play Overwatch, but with the change of Renewal still being active after having fully healed an ally, it could be just like Zenyatta's healing orbs. With the wave you have to position yourself near allies, while orbs would just fly to your allies themselves.

9 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I will miss the Renewal orb, because I run negative duration. If the rework hits, my Renewal wave won't reach far. GG gonna be called a selfish Oberon.

Maybe they could have a threshold? If you have 100% and above duration you get a wave heal

If you have under 100% you get healing orbs? For negative duration users.

I dunno I can't see any reason why I'd use negative duration on him with the rework they're presenting so far but I may find a use for it

47 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Smite: 

• Damage from projectiles emitted from the enemy scales based on enemy level.

If I'm understanding correctly then, this means that the initial Smite hit does not scale off of the level of the target, but the Wisp projectiles alone?

Hallowed Ground: 

• Hallowed Ground is now more of an 'arc' shape (Range Mods create a wider/longer arc).
  • Added a Status Chance that is affected by Strength Mods.
  • Adjusted damage and ranges.

What of the Armour buff? As it stands, by being Percentile based the only Warframes to really benefit from it are those with high armour in the first place.

Furthermore, a suggestion others have made which I feel is pertinent, is to give it some level of verticality so that allies can benefit whilst moving through the air to a point.

Renewal:

• Increased casting animation speed.
  • Changed to an expanding wave of healing instead of a projectile. 
  • Energy drain starts once wave hits allies, not leading up to it.
  • Allies on Hallowed Ground get an Armor buff for the entire heal process. Once heal is finished the Armor buff is on a timer (affected by Duration).
48 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The most prominent feedback:

• Renewal expires before the duration is up.

With this largely suggested feedback in mind, the team has made further tweaks to Oberon’s Renewal. As of right now, Oberon’s Renewal rework now also includes:

• Renewal doesn’t stop healing when the target ally is at full Health. It will continue to heal as long as it is active.

Does Renewal still have a capped Duration then, or is it now a true Toggle? As if it still has a Duration cap on top of further energy Drain, it's somewhat unclear what purpose the Drain offers compared to a proper Toggle skill?

How is the Armour buff defined: percentile or flat?

Does it still have an Inverse relationship to Duration; if so, why?

48 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reckoning:

• Enemies with a Radiation Status Chance will now take bonus damage from Reckoning.
  • Enemies standing on Hallowed Ground will receive Armor debuffs (affected by Strength).

Why does Reckoning not have a scaling component, compared to Smite?

At this stage, it sounds like Reckoning operates similar to Crush with the Fracturing Crush Augment: flat bonus conditional damage, and Armour debuff.

Beyond this:

Why no discussion of the proposed Passive (Kubrow/Kavat dependant buff)? As it stands, it's a very tangential (and specific) Passive, which sits...quite at odds with how his revision seems to be aiming around irradiating and Armour bolstering.

Otherwise, all I can really do is wait and see what's going on in time.

3 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Orbs are good, I don't play Overwatch, but with the change of Renewal still being active after having fully healed an ally, it could be just like Zenyatta's healing orbs. With the wave you have to position yourself near allies, while orbs would just fly to your allies themselves.

The wave is good because it encourages teamwork instead of people running off on their own and then expecting a free heal, playing support I hated being trinity and nobody would stick with you once they got their free energy they'd rush off and do whatever they wanted ... they'd get hurt and ask for a free heal on the other end of the map her rework removed the global heal and made it so people actually cared if I was around getting mobbed and overwhelmed.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hallowed Ground: 

• Hallowed Ground is now more of an 'arc' shape (Range Mods create a wider/longer arc).
  • Added a Status Chance that is affected by Strength Mods.
  • Adjusted damage and ranges.

Try as I might, I am still unable to picture a scenario where Hallowed Ground is a useful ability. It fails horribly at delivering Radiation procs, because well, Loki exists and Irradiating Disarm does that and more without having to rely on enemies walking into it.

It fails even more horribly as a defensive ability because let's face it, unless renewal synergy provides some 4000-5000 flat armor bonus, it won't help anyone survive any damage worth noticing anyway due to how Warframe enemy damage scaling jumps from mosquito bites to hitting like a freight train. 

Worst of all, arc or carpet, it's still a limited area, and unless you're camping inside a tube standing in one place (unless it's inside a Snow Globe) is a bad idea. So...

How about you change it into an aura-like ability? You know, because Auras are a Paladin thing and Oberon is at least some part paladin, right? It doesn't need insane range, and you may even nerf/ditch the damage component, it would be good enough to have an aura that makes enemies go nuts and grants allies extra armor on every renewal. 

1 minute ago, Reifnir said:

Try as I might, I am still unable to picture a scenario where Hallowed Ground is a useful ability. It fails horribly at delivering Radiation procs, because well, Loki exists and Irradiating Disarm does that and more without having to rely on enemies walking into it.

It fails even more horribly as a defensive ability because let's face it, unless renewal synergy provides some 4000-5000 flat armor bonus, it won't help anyone survive any damage worth noticing anyway due to how Warframe enemy damage scaling jumps from mosquito bites to hitting like a freight train. 

Worst of all, arc or carpet, it's still a limited area, and unless you're camping inside a tube standing in one place (unless it's inside a Snow Globe) is a bad idea. So...

How about you change it into an aura-like ability? You know, because Auras are a Paladin thing and Oberon is at least some part paladin, right? It doesn't need insane range, and you may even nerf/ditch the damage component, it would be good enough to have an aura that makes enemies go nuts and grants allies extra armor on every renewal. 

That sounds like a nice augment

6 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Maybe they could have a threshold? If you have 100% and above duration you get a wave heal

If you have under 100% you get healing orbs? For negative duration users.

I dunno I can't see any reason why I'd use negative duration on him with the rework they're presenting to far but I may find a use for it

That's very unlikely to happen.

I run negative duration because my build have ~181% damage, 145% range and 145% efficiency; which is ok coz I use his 2 wayyy less, and low duration actually helps his 3. His 3 and it's regen rate depends on duration, so low duration means slower regen rate; when I still getting health damaged the heal keeps on going. Unlike high duration 3 where the heal complete so fast, I have to press 3 again after getting health damaged.

Edited by LogaMC1995

The warframe augment mod Phoenix Renewal should be changed to allow Renewal to produce overshield if allies are at max hp or increase affected allies' max hp by a flat amount to synergize with his new armor-centric play style. A new name could be Phoenix Coat. 

I hope the sound changes for Smite to sound something smite worthy ... it doesn't really match the ability in my opinion ... kinda sounds like a energy blast knockdown, I think of thunder or an explosion when smite comes to mind.

Dubstep comes to mind with how it sounds right now...

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Renewal:

• Allies on Hallowed Ground get an Armor buff for the entire heal process. Once heal is finished the Armor buff is on a timer (affected by Duration).

Since we already get an armor buff while standing on hallowed ground, I'd prefer something a bit more unique to Oberon's kit for this synergy. Such as energy regen or increased travel speed/distance for the renewal wave.

Other than that, everything sounds pretty good to me. Looking forward to whenever this ends up coming out.

Unfortunately he still most likely won't be good with these changes.

I think they need to:

-Implement the changes to his 1 that were on the devstream.

-Give his 2 a ridiculously large range and make it circular. It's either this or make it an aura but to me an aura feels kinda boring. Like something you turn on that buffs allies and then you forgot about.

-Make it so his 3 regens health over time, gives 50% damage reduction(or the armour buff needs to be significant) and regen 10% max energy per second over 10 seconds. This will make him a viable alternate to Trinity. Sure, it seems pretty broken but the numbers can be changed a bit.I'd rather broken and standing up to Trinity than underplayed and underpowered like he always has been.

Make it so his 4 does extra damage to irradiated enemies and remove armour on enemies within his 2, scaling up to 100% with power strength.

Some of the buffs on his Renewal can be changed so only allies on his Hollowed Ground get that buff to try and balance it out.

I think this would make Oberon a very, very solid frame. Healing without some form of damage reduction is too weak in a game like Warframe. Especially a heal over time.

I would also like to see his passive spawn exhalted companions somehow.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd