The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually Believe Waiting 84 Hours For a Warframe to Build is a Good Thing?

Runecrafting

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

To encourage you buying it from the shop.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

It's done purposely and not to make you buy them.

It's done to slow you down. This isn't a MMO where you bum rush to end game content to grind 24/7/365... So long as the daily/weekly lockout isn't kicked in because you ran that raid boss already.

This is also why there is a 24 hour limit upon failing a mastery test. 

But building a frame isn't even that hard, my freebie account has 3-4 frames built and waiting to be used once I get more slots.

Work on getting catalyst and forma on the frames you have now.

Well you can't buy a pass to the next mr sadly :/

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by RealisticName

2 hours ago, Runecrafting said:

I just really wanna know. Why do build times even exist? Plenty of other games make plenty of money with way less annoying business models.

I see zero problems.

As a starter player, you treat Frames and weapons acquisitions as good milestones, and later on when you have an arsenal ... you have an arsenal already so why the heck does it make a difference that Frame number Thirty Two is taking a few days to build?

I have over 4000 Plat atm, and even though I can just spend 50P to finish off Nekros Prime, why would I, or why would I care I don't have him _now_ when I have a harem of other Frames already?

The only "problem" is in people's heads. if you are not paying for the Frame you are getting it free, so "free to use now" or free to use in 3 days" is just a psychological problem, not a real world problem.

The time it takes right now is not stupidly short or abnormally large, and you have to find a sweet spot for both DE income making and players, and it seems close to the sweet spot as it stands, especially with the new "rush now" timer options.

Also, EVE Online.

... calls up main toon with 73 million SP already

... queues up Gallante carrier I

"Time to finish: SEVENTY ONE DAYS"

Edited by DSpite

I have over 4000 Plat atm, and even though I can just spend 50P to finish off Nekros Prime, why would I, or why would I care I don't have him _now_ when I have a harem of other Frames already?

Basically this. Unless I for some reason really want that frame I won't buy it or rush.

And the thing is,the cost for rushing stuff is broken af. For example, I was building a primary weapon and rushing it costs 35p. When I logged in it was ~16 minutes ramaining and it still was like 18 or so p to rush it.

That's not how it works DE. Once 50% of time is left the cost should be also approx ~50%. Otherwise there's no reason to rush anything.

Not really a problem, the timer go in offline so i don't see a issue, it's the tradeoff for being free.

Try playing neverwinter, PWI, metin2, Black desert, any cellphone games, and come back.

Tell me you disagree then lol.

Edited by Sirfol

The game is free to play. The way the company makes money is by encouraging players to buy and spend platinum. If they didn't encourage players to spend money, then the game wouldn't survive and you wouldn't be getting free updates and quests/frames etc. So yes it's a good thing.

And do I believe that this system encourages people to buy frames for platinum instead of farming them? Yep I do. If you spend 200+ plat on a frame, you're getting a free reactor (20p), you're getting a free rush (50p). Warframe slot (20p). So right off the bat with the system they have in place, someone who buys a Warframe is getting a lot more than just the frame by itself.

3 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

To encourage you buying it from the shop.

This.

I don't have a problem with Warframe's business model (it's a hell of a lot better than some games I've played where NOTHING you pay cash for is permanent) but I agree with the OP that 84 hours seems a bit much for a new frame.

De have to encourage players to use plat to either rush construction, or just buy what they want outright without having to wait for it.

some build times are a bit much though, mostly the 24 hours for a forma. if Formas took 12 hours instead, that would be fine. players like myself who focus on perfecting their gear go through quite a lot of Formas.

I have no problem with waiting that makes a bit more realistic the process of making a new item how about the game just built for free to play so every other free to play game have this same or similar features but here still no need to pay to move plus 1 block forward like in some webbrowser ftp game where your advancement is your money. In this game which really sad and could not be cost at all the slots because those are not farmable but their price is basically low if you calul 75 plat is 5 dollar 20 plat is 1.37 ish dollar around which is not a big deal but some small amount counts still. Otherwise the patience is a good trait and this is not a bad deal. I can play other games for a while or just run some mission and that's all.

6 hours ago, Runecrafting said:

I just really wanna know. Why do build times even exist? Plenty of other games make plenty of money with way less annoying business models.

Monetization. It's the way DE decided to go with their new F2P game.

It doesn't bother me. I probably spent a good deal more time farming parts up than I did waiting for it to build. It's all part of the game.

A little patience goes a long ways.

8 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Please senpai, enlighten me of these "plenty of other games", because I've yet to encounter a f2p game which is nicer to free players. 

Talking strictly about the Free-to-Play model? Path of Exile, League of Legends, Smite, DOTA 2, Tribes: Ascend, Team Fortress 2 ... Just off the top of my head.

because it's f2p.  F2P models either have time walls or grind walls.  Warframe being the big and robust game it is has both.

build times don't really bother me.  Though that's probably because i've played long enough to the point that I don't "need" something built to make meaningful progression.

It hurts the newer players the most.  But imo this is fine since really nothing about WF is friendly to the average gamer.  it's a 3rd person looter stat driven game that's f2p.

You really need to stick it out and play it a lot longer to get anything out of warframe.

10 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Good thing, no.

Bad thing, no.

It's just a thing.

This.

You don't need to twiddle your thumbs waiting for an item to build. Just set some stuff to cook and when you jump back into the game at some point it'll be good to go.

Its the way of Warframe: When you're done for the night get some stuff loaded up in the Foundry, and when starting up a new session check to see what's ready to go. There's a good rhythm to it and it allows the game to provide its rewards at a steady clip over time. Works for me anyway.