The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suda, Perrin, Loka...why? *spoilers*

So at this point of the game we have:

-Fought Kela for Steel Merridan 

-Saved Suda's life

-Assisted Perrin Glast to save a colony

-Saved the Grove on the behalf of New Loka

And yet despite that...Kill teams to the butt? Seriously? You'd think completing these quests would give a tolerated mark or something, stopping that faction sending kill teams out to get you. 

Just now, (Xbox One)I Killed brunts said:

-Saved Suda's life

And yet despite that...Kill teams to the butt? Seriously? You'd think completing these quests would give a tolerated mark or something, stopping that faction sending kill teams out to get you. 

I think a lore-wise explanation could be that there are extremist splinter groups of each syndicate. Dialogue and stuff for the invasions would have to be changed though. I honestly enjoy the kill teams, it's easy exp and some drops.

Edited by Genoscythe
schpelling

Either have them stop sending killsquads during the period of the mission, or have the penalty for opposing their ideals not be killsquads. Frankly, I don't see a lore reason for them to send us killsquads:

-Unlike the main factions, these syndicates are limited in number (e.g. the Steel Meridian are Grineer defects that escape; the Red Veil are hunted down by the Grineer during the introduction of Rescue Missions; the New Loka consists of "pure humans", etc.)

-Even if they have an ample supply of resources, they have full knowledge that each individual Tenno are basically one-man army, and that their efforts will amount to little more than nothing.

-Hunting down the Tenno does not help them accomplish/progress further to their goals (though an argument can be made for the Red Veil and Arbiter of Hexis, with vague terms for their ideals)

-Seriously, who keeps track on each and every one of their opponents? They have a bigger goal than just some petty revenge, unlike that Stalker.

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woot

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)I Killed brunts said:

-Saved Suda's life

Lore is not one of the main aspects of this game.

I think that's the biggest flaw of the syndicate quests, that there are no unique reactions to the players standing with whatever syndicate is in the quest. It would have made the quests feel much more dynamic and give a bigger impact.

In Octavia's Anthem for example, a player that is on bad terms with Suda wouldn't even be given the quest prompt as she wouldn't want help from a enemy. Instead the quest could be given by the Lotus to investigate Sentient activity which would lead them to the Mandachord and Lotus would be the quest guide instead up til fight with Hunhow.

Edited by Hieracon

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Lore is not one of the main aspects of this game.

For most of the lore in the game you do have to go out of your way to sift through it in the codex if you want it, but I'm of the opinion that lore became much more important when DE dropped TSD and made it clear they want to do more of the same after TWW.

As for syndicates relationships, it's not like we don't work with the main corpus/grineer faction occasionally too despite the fact that we are still enemies. Otherwise invasions wouldn't exist, nor would some of the events where we helped one major boss screw over another (Nef vs Alad in stealing from Tyl Regor)

The difference is we can become an ally of a syndicate who once despised us, where as we will most likely been seen as enemies of the grineer and corpus for as long as they exist. I think the statement "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" holds true here to some degree. The sydnicate's opinion of an individual Tenno's actions does not mean they wouldn't reach out to the Tenno for assistance with bigger picture problems (I.E. Suda was probably the best example with Octavia's Anthem as I doubt any faction would reject tenno aid when Hunhow is on the offensive). I suppose it would be nice if our relationship with that faction was temporarily boosted or maxed after the quest, but I consider an eximus death squad to be more of a means of expressing an opinion rather than Stalker-tier "I'm going to strangle your operator" threat.

Edited by Beartornado

11 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

I think a lore-wise explanation could be that there are extremist splinter groups of each syndicate. Dialogue and stuff for the invasions would have to be changed though. I honestly enjoy the kill teams, it's easy exp and some drops.

That would actually work really well, if post quest it changed the death threat. 

The death squads need a rework both in terms of lore and in terms of the enemies themselves. 

It just isn't intimidating or interesting. Although, still more challenging than Zanuka

He appeared while I was farming Ambulas on Outer Terminus today. He went down in one quick burst from my Synoid Gammacor. Poor fella didn't even stand a chance...

17 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

Then why do the syndicate leaders diss you before sending them?

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

so that you know they're coming, and so that you know why they're coming.

the truth is, we're glorified mercenaries who were payed in Warframe Parts to help these syndicates, but if we oppose their ideology, they will always consider us their enemy. they just aren't above asking us for help when they need it.

but there should be a slightly more immersive system IMO, sadly that would take a lot of work on DE's end.

1 hour ago, Wolfdoggie said:

New Loka sent a death squad after me while I was doing the Titania mission to help her. .-.

Yeah I got really sick of hearing "Have you found any Vestan moss? No? I'll ask again in five minutes", and having her say it moments after sending a pack of ancients after me was especially needling.

5 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Please re-read what I wrote. Slowly.

22 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

Dialogue and stuff for the invasions would have to be changed though.

would have to be changed

changed

On 4/5/2017 at 8:24 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

But I don't want them to stop sending death squads. They need to be scarier IMO

New Loka:loka: isn't scarier for u ? full squad of eximus Ancients (toxic aura intensifies) damm i hate that Syndicate (and regret not being part of them)

The problem is that syndicates are downright nonsensical to begin with. They are all fighting against the three common enemies and them hating you basically boils down to "YOU KILLED CORPUS, GRINEER AND INFESTED FOR THEM INSTEAD OF FIGHTING CORPUS GRINEER AND INFESTED FOR US? F*** YOU HAVE A DEATHSQUAD WHILE FIGHTING CORPUS GRINEER AND INFESTED" Syndicates really need more inter-Syndicate drama and maybe launching sabatoge and such against each other. I'd really like to know how something as simple as Corpus/Grineer rivalry manages to keep PS and SM apart despite their goals being the exact same (Help the innocent and end suffering) and both of them having disavowed their factions.

On 09/05/2017 at 8:37 PM, Doubleplus said:

The problem is that syndicates are downright nonsensical to begin with. They are all fighting against the three common enemies and them hating you basically boils down to "YOU KILLED CORPUS, GRINEER AND INFESTED FOR THEM INSTEAD OF FIGHTING CORPUS GRINEER AND INFESTED FOR US? F*** YOU HAVE A DEATHSQUAD WHILE FIGHTING CORPUS GRINEER AND INFESTED" Syndicates really need more inter-Syndicate drama and maybe launching sabatoge and such against each other. I'd really like to know how something as simple as Corpus/Grineer rivalry manages to keep PS and SM apart despite their goals being the exact same (Help the innocent and end suffering) and both of them having disavowed their factions.

Basically my whole post, glad I'm not alone