Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa 2.1 - slight tweaks to Peacemaker to make her more fun

Shifted

I've been playing both as and with Mesa the past couple days, and I thought of a few Peacemaker tweaks that would really make her more fun to play without having to completely rework her abilities.

1. She has to be able to walk. 
    This has been a constant echo within the community and I really think it should happen.
    For balance reasons, make it so she can walk only when she's not actively firing.
    It's more for convenience than anything, to allow slight re-positioning without having to turn it off and on again.

2. Make the Peacemaker 'crosshair' interactive.
    How? Simple.
    When firing, the 'crosshair' would not change its size, but rather stay in its slow firing, wide version, unless...
    ...the zoom button (right click) is held down, which would make Peacemaker behave like it is currently.
    Upon releasing the zoom button, the crosshair would return back to the default 'AoE mode'.

Arguably the zoom could also, well, zoom in, like a scope.
    This would allow more control and precision in combat. It also feels natural, using the muscle memory from handling regular weapons.
    And again, just like the previous suggestion, resetting the crosshair can already be done by turning the ability off and on, so this is simply for convenience. 

I think those changes would not upset the balance a lot, and are rather aimed at convenience, interactivity and the simple fun of using Mesa.

Let me know if you agree or disagree (tell me why), or maybe you have different suggestions?

Edited by Shifted

Just now, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

You can walk with peacemaker on, just nobody knows you can, and it is really slow, but you can. I'm pretty sure it is when you hold the power button down.

It must be a bug/glitch.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

no, it isn't a bug because it has been in the game for a long time, it is just super slow and nobody seems to know about it lol.

It must be a glitch with controller then cuz I'm sure it doesn't work on PC 

You know, considering with your suggestion, movement would be possible, then, I'd imagine that aimglide shooting would be possible again (that was so cool in the old days!), so having the "zoom" on aim would be rather interfering with that.

If I may, I'd thus suggest some other tweaks instead:

• She can move during Peacemaker
  • With primary fire, she'd be using the guns like any other weapon, aiming and all that. This firing is fully automatic, but requires 100% manual aiming and all that.
  • She no longer drains energy per second, but instead energy per shot.
  • Secondary fire = The current "autoaim" shooting. This would not work while moving, but it would work while aimgliding. It would retain its shrinking features as well.
  • Successfully shooting an enemy with primary fire will regrow the secondary fire's autoaim reticule a bit. This makes her skill a bit more rewarding and interactive.
  • Pressing the reload button will quickly refill the secondary fire's autoaim reticule to full, but at the same energy cost as if you deactivating and reactivatied the ability. This is less "energy rewarding", but it is good in chaotic situations and such.
  • She can cast her other abilities while the Peacemaker is active

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

That's odd, you would think it would work everywhere, but at the very least now you guys on PC know that it is possible :thumbup:

WAS possible

On 5/4/2017 at 8:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

• Fixed being able to walk around in Mesa’s Peacemaker by opening the Power Menu.

If it hasn't been fixed on consoles yet, it probably will be.

That being said, being able to move around in Peacemaker would definitely be nice. Either as part of how the ability normally functions or with an augment mod. Wouldn't even mind just getting the Mesa's Waltz (dodge roll while Peacemaker is active at the cost of 5 energy) conclave mod for PvE

Or let us use Conclave augments in PvE latest?cb=20160329232113

I don't care if people get mad that it would only be obtainable in Conclave, most augments mods there are just quality of life changes like this one.

Besides look at me, someone who hates PvP in every existing game, yet still enjoying Conclave, for the most part.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

30 minutes ago, Shifted said:

I've been playing both as and with Mesa the past couple days, and I thought of a few Peacemaker tweaks that would really make her more fun to play without having to completely rework her abilities.

1. She has to be able to walk. 
    This has been a constant echo within the community and I really think it should happen.
    For balance reasons, make it so she can walk only when she's not actively firing.
    It's more for convenience than anything, to allow slight re-positioning without having to turn it off and on again.

2. Make the Peacemaker 'crosshair' interactive.
    How? Simple.
    When firing, the 'crosshair' would not change its size, but rather stay in its slow firing, wide version, unless...
    ...the zoom button (right click) is held down.
    Upon releasing the zoom button, the crosshair would return back to the default 'AoE mode'.

Arguably the zoom could also, well, zoom in, like a scope.
    This would allow more control and precision in combat. It also feels natural, using the muscle memory from handling regular weapons.
    And again, just like the previous suggestion, resetting the crosshair can be done by turning the ability off and on, so this is simply for convenience. 

I think those changes would not upset the balance a lot, and are rather aimed at convenience, interactivity and the simple fun of using Mesa.

Let me know if you agree or disagree (tell me why), or maybe you have different suggestions?

Mesa's 4 is perfect the way it is, you are not supposed to stay in it for a long period of time hence why it has a insane damage. You pop into Peacemaker kill some stuff and pop out mostly to conserve on energy and also because everything is dead in your LoS. If anything needs to be changed about Mesa its her 1, just remove the damn damage cap on it and she is perfect!

55 minutes ago, Shifted said:

She has to be able to walk. 

Hell yes!

Also, while we're talking about Mesa changes:

• Increase Shatter Shield duration to 30 seconds (same as Shooting Gallery)
  • Remove damage cap for Ballistic Battery
  • Change passive effect when no melee weapon is equipped. I'd prefer weapon swap speed. But if it has to be health, it should be +50 BASE health, not +50 TOTAL health.

3 hours ago, MortalMercenary said:

Mesa's 4 is perfect the way it is, you are not supposed to stay in it for a long period of time hence why it has a insane damage. You pop into Peacemaker kill some stuff and pop out mostly to conserve on energy and also because everything is dead in your LoS. 

The issue with that is (and that is directly from recent playing experience):
You pop into peacemaker, clean everything up, your crosshair gets tiny, and by then a new wave of enemies pops up in your LoS, so you have two choices:

• You start wiggling your mouse around like an idiot trying to get some more kills.
    or
  • You flip peacemaker off and on again.... which is what I mentioned in OP.

Again, the suggestion is just to make using peacemaker less of a chore.
The energy drain and inability to restore energy will still prevent you from staying in it 24/7 (which is fine).
I just don't want the situation mentioned above to happen.

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

You know, considering with your suggestion, movement would be possible, then, I'd imagine that aimglide shooting would be possible again (that was so cool in the old days!), so having the "zoom" on aim would be rather interfering with that.

If I may, I'd thus suggest some other tweaks instead:

• She can move during Peacemaker
  • With primary fire, she'd be using the guns like any other weapon, aiming and all that. This firing is fully automatic, but requires 100% manual aiming and all that.
  • She no longer drains energy per second, but instead energy per shot.
  • Secondary fire = The current "autoaim" shooting. This would not work while moving, but it would work while aimgliding. It would retain its shrinking features as well.
  • Successfully shooting an enemy with primary fire will regrow the secondary fire's autoaim reticule a bit. This makes her skill a bit more rewarding and interactive.
  • Pressing the reload button will quickly refill the secondary fire's autoaim reticule to full, but at the same energy cost as if you deactivating and reactivatied the ability. This is less "energy rewarding", but it is good in chaotic situations and such.
  • She can cast her other abilities while the Peacemaker is active

The aimglide thing wouldn't necessarily have to happen. It all depends on how it would be programmed in.

As for your alternative suggestion, I wouldn't mind it, seems like a cool idea. However, it would no doubt require a much larger amount of work to implement. More like a 3.0 than a 2.1 if you get what I mean. ;)

Edited by Shifted

5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Or let us use Conclave augments in PvE latest?cb=20160329232113

I don't care if people get mad that it would only be obtainable in Conclave, most mods augments there are just quality of life changes like this one.

Besides look at me, someone who hates PvP in every existing game, yet still enjoying Conclave, for the most part.

That is Fin awesome!

Make her Peacemaker more like Artemis bow, able to move, refresh her 1-2-3 during Peacemaker, energy cost only when shooting and shooting auto root

Edit : I forgot the most important Increase Dual Toxocyst Headshot bonus time:)

Edited by GHOST-CHILD

On 5/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, Aeon94 said:

It must be a glitch with controller then cuz I'm sure it doesn't work on PC 

On 5/10/2017 at 9:02 AM, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

That's odd, you would think it would work everywhere, but at the very least now you guys on PC know that it is possible :thumbup:

On 5/10/2017 at 8:54 AM, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

no, it isn't a bug because it has been in the game for a long time, it is just super slow and nobody seems to know about it lol.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:49 AM, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

You can walk with peacemaker on, just nobody knows you can, and it is really slow, but you can. I'm pretty sure it is when you hold the power button down.

That is a bug caused by the placement of buttons on a controller. Its an unintended synergy. PC cannot do this under any circumstance without butchering your controls, and even that might not work.