Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #92 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream92banner.png

New Grineer Chemstrike Enemy - Nox
• New Grineer unit part of the Chemstrike team -- he is exposed to dangerous chemicals that have melted his flesh and will also have a custom gurgly voice
• Uses a new gas weapon -- it's unclear if Nox's weapon will be available to players since it features an unusual minigun type grip
• Nox will feature unique battle mechanics, such as shattering his glass helmet

6d01abb19af2f7c4d041125e6d19ddd3.png9255856c5c9319efa1e20b52d3229d22.png

New Features Shown
• Separate Syandana and Armour Colouring shown
• Squad Captura shown
• Chat filter shown
• No release dates specified

d7c52200068aa0ec580e4d5d2e05db77.jpg

Sword + Gun Dual Wield 
• Still in early stages -- melee weapon categories will be compatible with this feature in batches
• Glaive + Gun will be the first combination, released with Harrow
• Longswords, Daggers, Machetes, Scythes, Whips, and Rapiers will be compatible in the future
• Nikanas are not one-handed, so compatability is unclear, Sword+Shield and Dual Wield melee categories may have their mechanics altered
• Will be able to perform Charge Attacks, and the regular tap E combo will have its flow changed for this system

Harrow - Priest Warframe
1st Power - Shoots a line that chains struck enemies to the ground, freezing them
2nd Power - Sacrifices all Shields to get buffs on reload speed and fire rate, there's also some kind of team healing component
3rd Power - Creates a ghastly thurible that restores energy on all headshots while nearby it -- the amount of Energy restored can be increased by charging the power
4th Power - Creates an invulnerability period and all damage received during the period will give bonuses after it ends
• Harrow's passive is double Overshield capacity
• Watch Harrow gameplay HERE

Other Stuff
Next round of Tennogen items is coming soon -- hopefully next week
• Mag Deluxe Skin is not releasing in May -- perhaps June
First page of the Harrow webcomic revealed -- it will be almost twice the length of Octavia's
• Console Build was submitted for cert yesterday, hopefully will be available next week -- will include up to Ambulas Reborn Event
• The devs are still thinking that they'll add some kind of mechanical MOA-like pet to the game, but no concrete plans
• Working on not having Syndicate Assassins appear while players are in a Quest for that Syndicate
• Not opposed to adding A-B-C visual loudouts to Operators, but it probably wouldn't extend to gender/facial options to preserve the player's 'identity' -- no immediate plans to implement though

You know when the "Dating Simulator" is away more important than the full Orbiter, Umbra, Sentients, Focus rework, and new content in form of story quests 
Naaaah China don't own us and we have full control over the game [instantly develops dating simulator between teenagers] 

and pls dont delete my comment

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Harrow - Priest Warframe
1st Power - Shoots a line that chains struck enemies to the ground, freezing them
2nd Power - Sacrifices all Shields to get buffs on reload speed and fire rate, there's also some kind of team healing component
3rd Power - Creates a ghastly thurible that restores energy on all headshots while nearby it -- the amount of Energy restored can be increased by charging the power
4th Power - Creates an invulnerability period and all damage received during the period will give bonuses after it ends
• Harrow's passive is double Overshield capacity

As of the moment, I'm in two minds.

One hand, his 1 means it's easier to get successive headshots per 'thing's aren't moving', and beyond that serves as an effective stun regardless. I also suspect that this will help mitigate the fickleness of sharpshooting on the fly if you're using a Controller, or at least potentially.

On the other hand, his entire kit has a reliance on being able to Headshot to work. So if a Harrow ends up in your standard 'Everybody's dead Dave' situation, he's pretty much straight out of luck as he can't do much beyond use his 2 and 4.

His...Passive is an odd one, seeing as he has no clear way to inherently bolster his shields into Overshield range anyway. So, Plates, pets or specific allies needed.

Will be interesting to see how it works in practice, either way. Nice aesthetic, though, and the chains are a nice touch. Makes me think of my Guardian on GW2, honestly.

8 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

First page of the Harrow webcomic revealed -- it will be almost twice the length of Octavia's

I am intrigued what is going to unfold, what with the implications from the third panel alone.

Great work as always, either way.

Just now, Miser_able said:

That first page of the comic is the Zariman. What does harrow have to do with the Zariman? 

Last Devstream, they said the comic was concerning 'Operators before they were Operators'. Fundamentally speaking, the Warframe project entire is the end result of the Zariman Incident, and thus all Warframes in a sense are tied to it.

Beyond that, whatever Harrow's specific connection is will be in the realm of 'Wait and see'.

Or 'speculate wildly and see', if that's more your thing.

5 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

As of the moment, I'm in two minds.

One hand, his 1 means it's easier to get successive headshots per 'thing's aren't moving', and beyond that serves as an effective stun regardless. I also suspect that this will help mitigate the fickleness of sharpshooting on the fly if you're using a Controller, or at least potentially.

On the other hand, his entire kit has a reliance on being able to Headshot to work. So if a Harrow ends up in your standard 'Everybody's dead Dave' situation, he's pretty much straight out of luck as he can't do much beyond use his 2 and 4.

His...Passive is an odd one, seeing as he has no clear way to inherently bolster his shields into Overshield range anyway. So, Plates, pets or specific allies needed.

Will be interesting to see how it works in practice, either way. Nice aesthetic, though, and the chains are a nice touch. Makes me think of my Guardian on GW2, honestly.

I am intrigued what is going to unfold, what with the implications from the third panel alone.

Great work as always, either way.

My biggest thing with Harrow is him getting headshots is his way of getting energy returned on headshots. Now if it works like Nidus stomp where if you build below 100% efficiency then you will get him more energy in return then Harrow won't be successful at replinishing energy for 2 reasons. 1 having to charge it up for full effect. 2 by the time u fully charge. Teammates already killed all the enemies in the area.

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Teammates already killed all the enemies in the area.

That's what I highlighted with the 'Everybody's dead Dave' statement; Harrow requires targets to shoot in the face.

Nothing to shoot in the face, well, nothing to do.

Hence the suspicion he'll likely see more use as a Solo frame than a group, considering how matters are. Though really comes down to how we see events play out.

Hmm, My only concern when it comes to the dual wield stuff is whether or not it's optional. If it's optional then I have no concerns. If it isn't, then I'd be concern if it will interfere with my keybinding. I have it setup so that when in Melee mode left click is attack instead of E. Beyond that I am looking forward to see what comes out of it.

As for Harrow, I'm a bit unsure about the third ability. Primarily over the requirement for headshots. Maybe expand it to include kills, so it triggers with either headshots or kills.

Edited by Aftcrest

14 minutes ago, Aftcrest said:

Hmm, My only concern when it comes to the dual wield stuff is whether or not it's optional. If it's optional then I have no concerns. If it isn't, then I'd be concern if it will interfere with my keybinding. I have it setup so that when in Melee mode left click is attack instead of E. Beyond that I am looking forward to see what comes out of it.

As for Harrow, I'm a bit unsure about the third ability. Primarily over the requirement for headshots. Maybe expand it to include kills, so it triggers with either headshots or kills.

Iirc they said it was optional because you had to set it up that way when you equip your weapons. 

27 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

If you look closely Condemn (1st one PH name) restores shields and that can flow into Overshields. Seems to be an amount per enemy hit by the wave.

Just now, PsiWarp said:

If you look closely Condemn (1st one PH name) restores shields and that can flow into Overshields. Seems to be an amount per enemy hit by the wave.

Ah, fair enough, definitely missed that. Own fault for ignoring the HUD then.

Which then leads into the feedback loop for the 1 and 2 then: 1 to build Overshields, then 2 to dump for bolstering and the like.

58 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Sword + Gun Dual Wield 
• Still in early stages -- melee weapon categories will be compatible with this feature in batches
• Glaive + Gun will be the first combination, released with Harrow
• Longswords, Daggers, Machetes, Scythes, Whips, and Rapiers will be compatible in the future
• Nikanas are not one-handed, so compatability is unclear, Sword+Shield and Dual Wield melee categories may have their mechanics altered
• Will be able to perform Charge Attacks, and the regular tap E combo will have its flow changed for this system

That might be stupid to ask but what about the scissor blades with their chains ? The quick attack is single handed though the melee stance is two handed, any hope for these to have Melee+Gun Wielding ?

Seems like Volt and his Discharge with Capacitance make him and Harrow best friends.

Discharge will lock enemies down for headshots  and Capacitance will spike his Overshields to never-before-seen energy levels.

Volt shields can protect him when he activates his "fire rate/reload" power and loses his energy shields.  

I wonder what happens when Volt hits his speed power in conjunction with Harrow's fire rate buff? 😆

Reasonably let down by Harrow... Expected something a lot more than just a headshot Warframe.

Not too keen on his abilities either, can see me trying to aim up headshots and just having them be destroyed by allies before I pull off decent shots. WF's gameplay seems too fast for us to be completely focused on headshots so often.

Also expecting to get destroyed when I strip my shields.

18 minutes ago, Naith said:

Reasonably let down by Harrow... Expected something a lot more than just a headshot Warframe.

Not too keen on his abilities either, can see me trying to aim up headshots and just having them be destroyed by allies before I pull off decent shots. WF's gameplay seems too fast for us to be completely focused on headshots so often.

Also expecting to get destroyed when I strip my shields.

Yeah.. Most of the headshots I get anyway is via melee attacks, which is unintentional on my part.

(Edit: GRAMMAR)

Edited by Aftcrest