Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE made melee weapons toggleable...

Example, in Warframe if you could change between 3 melee weapons in game just like how you can toggle between range weapons. 

How would you make use of it? Can you imagine any scenarios that would make this useful? Or Any scenarios that you would like you perform in? Example, you're using the Nikana and a heavy bombard shows up and you switch to the War or Galatine Prime. Or a crowd of enemies show and you switch to the Orthos. 

Would you use any for utility? What would your setup be? Would you use any for synergy? If so which and how? 

Say what ever you can.... Or share.

well, back in medieval times, you'd ideally bring a Spear or Pike as your Primary weapon, and a Sword as a backup weapon for really close quarters (e.g. indoor combat). your third weapon would be something of absolute last resort, such as a dagger, though I personally would choose a Sparring weapon so that I can still be effective If I'm forced to puch & kick the opponent.

if it were just 2 though, I'd take Galatine Prime and Dual Ether.

I would probably run with a long-range melee weapon (Secular Lecta, Lesion, Galatine Prime) and a Hirudo, for the convenient non-channeling life steal. That, or two high-status melees with different elements to maximize use of Condition Overload.

This would be interesting with the new dual wielding mechanic coming. Imagine ditching a secondary for another one-handed sword essentially making a combo dual wield. Could mix the rakta dagger with broken war. Or go nuts with glaive and gunblade. Could be fun.

I'd have a Dagger for Stealth Finishers (nor sure which one, maybe my Karyst or Rakta?).

Ninkondi for trash mobs (love how they sound from Quick Melee) and dual wielded with my V.Marelok when that comes out.

Then when the going gets tough have say my Galatine P or Hirudo for full on Melee Carnage.

So the three engagement types, 1st is the automatic Finishers, 2nd is when I quick Melee and 3rd when I go exclusively for Melee Combat.