Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank God for deluxe skins and classic looks.

Oberon prime is now the ugliest frame in all of Warframe.  Hydroid fans can rejoice knowing that the unwanted, hunchbacked son of Baphomet and an actual castle is now far uglier than squid-face will ever be. 

Please, DE, let tennogen artists submit custom body geometries for skins.  There is definitely a market for it.

1 minute ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Oberon prime is now the ugliest frame in all of Warframe.  Hydroid fans can rejoice knowing that the unwanted, hunchbacked son of Baphomet and an actual castle is now far uglier than squid-face will ever be. 

Please, DE, let tennogen artists submit custom body geometries for skins.  There is definitely a market for it.

I don't think they can, unless they put a tech artist through hell to write a document easy enough to understand for content creators so they don't screw gear placement for every single piece of equipement/warframe in the game.  

I wouldn't want to be that artist.

I will admit Oberon prime is extremely ugly, and I'm saying that because of his clashing design elements. Like if you look at Oberon, he has these twisting branches on his body along with this flowing organic nature feeling. But this just sorta throws that out the window and slaps castle towers all over his body without covering his original wavey body. Not to mention his helmet, he has no chin?? It just goes straight up to his forehead DE what??? I'm not to pleased lol

(Also silva prime is real strange. Isn't it supposed to be a sword???)

Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, what I've seen is way too much of a stylistic departure from the Oberon some of us players appreciate. I have to admit I've been expecting the same White Stag / Knight motif as we have now but more ornate and detailed...but what I saw was not that at all. Some will love the new look, some will hate it...that's definitely a given. But at least, as you said OP, we have the option to toggle / equip skins while still having the benefits of better stats and polarities.

So I'd say that's a win of sorts.

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, what I've seen is way too much of a stylistic departure from the Oberon some of us players appreciate. I have to admit I've been expecting the same White Stag / Knight motif as we have now but more ornate and detailed...but what I saw was not that at all. Some will love the new look, some will hate it...that's definitely a given. But at least, as you said OP, we have the option to toggle / equip skins while still having the benefits of better stats and polarities.

So I'd say that's a win of sorts.

I'm just a bit let down they didn't do something along the lines of this for his helm;

Spoiler

3426c337729beb55ff42304430a8b493.png

I was so excited about Oberon Prime Access...

Yet after I saw what he looks like(I agree with OP, UGLY, DE really needs to stop these designs) and there's another Sybaris(*sigh*) coming along with an ugly-as-well Silva&Aegis Prime(sword&shield right? But that "thing" ain't no a SWORD ! It's just a flash stick !)

Totally turned off. I expect DE won't make too much money from this Oberon PA, compared to Banshee or Valkyr PA.

1 minute ago, Doomerang said:

I was so excited about Oberon Prime Access...

Yet after I saw what he looks like(I agree with OP, UGLY, DE really needs to stop these designs) and there's another Sybaris(*sigh*) coming along with an ugly-as-well Silva&Aegis Prime(sword&shield right? But that "thing" ain't no a SWORD ! It's just a flash stick !)

Totally turned off. I expect DE won't make too much money from this Oberon PA, compared to Banshee or Valkyr PA.

It doesn't help that his rework was less than stellar either. This pack is not going to sell very well at all....but maybe better than valkyr's 

There have been a ton of fan-made concepts for oberon prime.  Some focused on the organic druidic aspects, others went more for a regal knightly design.  Regardless of your opinion of druid vs paladin B's, ALL of those fan designs were better than what is about to be unleashed.  Like @Demoonic
had said, this is very much a hodgepodge of disjointed elements that look terrible together and in no way resembles the original frame.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, SergeantSunshine said:

I think you're overreacting. 

Nah, it's pretty much disgusting looking in comparison to the base model.

The only good part of the Silva and Aegis Prime is the fact that it's a shield with a mace, even. Sybaris Prime is the only weapon out of the pack that looks good, but why they chose to prime that weapon instead of something like the Tiberon is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The only good part of the Silva and Aegis Prime is the fact that it's a shield with a mace, even. Sybaris Prime is the only weapon out of the pack that looks good, but why they chose to prime that weapon instead of something like the Tiberon is beyond me.

They primed Sybaris in order to entice people to actually buy the prime access.  No one was satisfied with the oberon rework.  Everyone hates the new syndicate mod for the Silva and Aegis.  And everyone loves the Sybaris.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Too bad the shield looks like 'toilet seat prime'.

(forgot about Valkyr Prime being a mess it seems)
Besides that Oberon Prime looks alright, he at least looks like an Oberon. I'm still waiting for DE to give Excal Prime, Mag Prime and Frost Prime visual reworks so they match with the rest of the Primes. (And Trinity Prime to work with the Immortal and Valkyr Prime so she doesn't look like an absolute mess)

1 minute ago, TheDefenestrater said:

They primed Sybaris in order to entice people to actually buy the prime access.  No one was satisfied with the oberon rework.  Everyone hates the new syndicate mod for the Silva and Aegis.  And everyone loves the Sybaris.

Speak for yourself. A small group of people are pissing and moaning about the Oberon rework, the Silva and Aegis augment is fine (the base weapon needs work) and the Sybaris is only "loved" because a bunch of kids think Quiette Shy is funny, for some god forsaken reason.

I'm the opposite here.  Aside from the mace I actually like the Silva & Aegis Prime, and even still the mace isn't thaaaat bad.  And I like the design of Oberon Prime too(will admit idk what they were thinking with the back of his helmet).  I know I'm in the minority on that but like someone said earlier beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Honestly the thing Im least excited about is the Sybaris prime.  Yea its a good gun but I just dont care for the sybaris in general.  

Edited by Hidaru.

Actually I really like the Prime look. I think it looks unique and there are a lot of differences between this and the standard model. 
I think the Helmet definitely shows the arrogance of the Orokin. Like the exaggerated horns with caps.
I think there is a chin, the image might just be at the wrong angle for us to see. 
Also the Silva and Aegis makes me think of old fantasy Crusader weapons. Looks like a Fiery Morning Star of Justice. Can't wait to bash some heads in with that.

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Well whoever did Oberon Prime also did Vauban Prime's model as well...because Vauban Prime bears little resemblance to regular Vauban and Oberon Prime follows that pattern. And they really need to stop doing that.

What? NO. I love that they are making the primes look very different than the normal frames.
I love the big difference and contrast between Nekros and Nekros Prime.
same thing for Vauban and the Oberon.