Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1

[DE]Megan

44 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

that's you issue with your build not oberon or his abilitys, cause its very easy to keep his heal going 24/7 on everyone with no energy issue, instead of finding an issue that isnt an issue(just your setup) try changing it up and experimenting with builds

prove it

lets see you use all the abilities effectively not jut build for health to other teammates, produce a full balance frame, on oberon and add it to this page to me. I have on mine 125 duration 160 efficiency and 145 range and 145 strengthit is a 5 formed obie which I use to use all the time. So please  what is yours.

39 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

t's you issue with your build not oberon or his abilitys, cause its very easy to keep his heal going 24/7 on everyone with no energy issue, instead of finding an issue that isnt an issue(just your setup) try changing it up and experimenting with builds

Here's a question, what's your power strength at because if it's below 200% odds are you're useless to your team. And if you are above 230% then odds are you are a liar. Show your build because I have 5 different builds for him for different scenario's and at sortie level below 290% he WILL die meaning again useless. Don't take this the wrong way he is definitely my favorite frame but he needs more of a push.

Papa Bless, the Oberon buffs are great. I was able to completely strip the armor off of level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with 2 casts of Reckoning with 155% Power Strength + Growing power.

Keep it up guys.

Edited by Vulsar
clarification

19 minutes ago, Milinko said:

Here's a question, what's your power strength at because if it's below 200% odds are you're useless to your team. And if you are above 230% then odds are you are a liar. Show your build because I have 5 different builds for him for different scenario's and at sortie level below 290% he WILL die meaning again useless. Don't take this the wrong way he is definitely my favorite frame but he needs more of a push.

you make presumptions about gameplay by power strength? lmao, play as u like, i certainly do and don't have any complaints about oberon b4 or after rework, as 99% of you do nothing but starchart and low level gameplay oberon with any build will suit you fine :)

you dying on sorties is your gameplay, cause using oberon on sorties and not dying or using oberon on 2 hr+ MOT runs is fine, no issues, so i can only assume the issues you have is your gameplay style :)

A build for any frame is specific to what a player wants, not what you think is best, for instance i happily use his smite with madurai lens and mutalist quanta(secondary) giving the orbs slash, electricity and crit damage on top of its normal damage, but thats only 1 example of many of how oberon can be good at something you didnt think of, and b4 u even comment, used right it 1 shots everything any level

Edited by xXHobbitXx

Still hoping for a fix or a suggestion on how to fix the issue with regalia not fitting into certain armor pieces when certain skins are equipped

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/769399542985651869/084BCE564116484939A037F4870233D43CE42FBD/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/769399542985651284/2F117EF4BD959035EE2B0D5C599674E5E67B49F5/

Keep up the good work DE! Cheers

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed seeing an empty screen when attempting to place a Decoration in the Obstacle Course. It’s fully intentional that Decorations are not placeable in the Obstacle Course, but the empty screen was not intended to appear.

I fully understand not being able to use decorations, but couldnt you at least let us chromatize the room? its so ugly to see the room permanently graytoned when the entire rest of the dojo has been painted.

Seems like there's a visual bug where Hallowed Ground isn't visible from certain angles. I noticed it happening most frequently on slopes, especially when moving upwards along them.

4 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

I welcome the changes, but... they're sort of backburner to the biggest thing Mag needs, which is Polarize having scaling damage. Can we look at that, please?

Tbh I think it'd make sense for Polarize to scale based on how much armor an enemy has. Maybe shields too.

1 hour ago, xXHobbitXx said:

you make presumptions about gameplay by power strength? lmao, play as u like, i certainly do and don't have any complaints about oberon b4 or after rework, as 99% of you do nothing but starchart and low level gameplay oberon with any build will suit you fine :)

you dying on sorties is your gameplay, cause using oberon on sorties and not dying or using oberon on 2 hr+ MOT runs is fine, no issues, so i can only assume the issues you have is your gameplay style :)

A build for any frame is specific to what a player wants, not what you think is best, for instance i happily use his smite with madurai lens and mutalist quanta(secondary) giving the orbs slash, electricity and crit damage on top of its normal damage, but thats only 1 example of many of how oberon can be good at something you didnt think of, and b4 u even comment, used right it 1 shots everything any level

Ok I can barely understand what you typed but, I made no "presumptions" based on power strength. I play Oberon, a lot as of recently, and play-tested him a lot. I speak from actual experience at sortie (I mean the 3rd sortie) he can get one shot through quick thinking rage and Vitality with 200% power strength and 145% efficiency by a corpus tech, sapping osprey, Bombards, a few seconds from a heavy gunner (takes longer because technically they do less damage so rage triggers more and so on) past level 90 and past he is almost as squishy as the rest of them he just won't die to scrub mobs. It's not like I'm an idiot that tries to straight face tank like Rhino or Wukong but if you are met with a high damage in one hit enemy he'll just die. If you want to say otherwise show the receipts if you can show me proof and how to do it than great because either way he I my favorite frame right now he is just honest fun. But if you can't I would like you to kindly stay silent in your own corner please.

2 hours ago, leadwolf1 said:

prove it

lets see you use all the abilities effectively not jut build for health to other teammates, produce a full balance frame, on oberon and add it to this page to me. I have on mine 125 duration 160 efficiency and 145 range and 145 strengthit is a 5 formed obie which I use to use all the time. So please  what is yours.

Why and how do you have 5 forma on Oberon and only have those stats I have 3 forma and 200+ PS 140+Duration 100+ range because he doesn't need more quite honestly and 145+ efficiency also using rage Vitality and Quick Thinking. The (+) is because that is the minimum across all the builds so in some builds at least one of those stats are higher. Can't use his augments because he is not viable without one of these builds to me at least I love him but he needs more of a push and I understand it's hard to know how hard to push because he is more complicated now but at the same time he still definitely needs it.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Saved 10MB of RAM and reduced update and startup time for players that installed from Steam or used the Offline-Installer. 

Finally i don't have to wait around 5 minutes just to download 2MB of new content.

Thanks a lot!

27 minutes ago, Milinko said:

Why and how do you have 5 forma on Oberon and only have those stats I have 3 forma and 200+ PS 140+Duration 100+ range because he doesn't need more quite honestly and 145+ efficiency also using rage Vitality and Quick Thinking. The (+) is because that is the minimum across all the builds so in some builds at least one of those stats are higher. Can't use his augments because he is not viable without one of these builds to me at least I love him but he needs more of a push and I understand it's hard to know how hard to push because he is more complicated now but at the same time he still definitely needs it.

So you use rage vitality and quick thinking on all your builds, well that is your preference, ANd to my point, I stated that when I was in a infested defense 35 to 40 in level to start, and we had a couple lower players when the mesa that was in there was not killing and everyone was running around and getting into the allies and halls and their health was dropping, I used my healing, to regenerate them up to full health and by the time they could get out my energy drained very quickly, so I can only imagine if this was a higher level mission, I do not think there would be enough there to keep using the other abilities like hollowed ground and reckoning while renewal is active and you are healing trying to go to full health. Now granted this is not the case in all missions however this is what I noticed and asked if there could be some changes before the prime came out. it was a true observation and I was told my build was wrong. so the prove it was to xXHobbitXx. I did not attack oberon or players who know what I am talking about. and your point is correct once you get to higher levels everything goe to crap and with some sort of push in the energy department (since I tried to fully support a squad that was basically get hammered by mobs of infested and the dam goop on the floors just damaging them to no end) this is what I noticed. the squad got out and no one died but I as oberon was spent with energy, enemies were still coming so popping energy would maybe given me a 100 burst before I had to move. I could have been downed so easy if I was not paying attention. so my point is if there is gun play involve from everywhere I do not know if the outcome would have been the same , and if I had I bit of energy  left after I turned it back off ( instead of running out) I could have used reckoning one good time and back to business, if you understand.

One last thing about oberon, the passive should be that all pets and wild animals fight for oberon and give him the buffs ( armor,, shield, health, and even energy) he is suppose to be king or prince. that solve it all . then you just have to put animals in all the tile sets. just like you have plants every where.

While I would normally dance for joy at any Mag buffs, these are paper thin and change nothing. We could already cast while aim gliding, and it doesn't address any of the actual problems with her abilities. 

Seriously, it's becoming painfully obvious that whoever makes the decisions at DE doesn't play this game at the same level the players do, if at all. And they sure don't care about player feedback. Mag gets several topics a week begging for buffs, and they give her the ability to do what she already could, awesome.

And as if to add salt to the wound, Oberon's Reckoning has made Polarize irrelevant. It does a better job at stripping armor, it does it quicker, and has added effects (albeit mediocre ones). 

Guess I still need to wait a few more years for DE to dig my favorite frame out of the trash. 

Edited by malekas

Wow, Mag isn't completely ignored these days? If we're giving her some attention, could her Pull behave more like Nidus' 2nd ability like it used to be in the old days? It'd make her immediately more useful and would be naturally synergistic like Virulence+Larva but it'd be Pull+Magnetize instead.

She was always useful back when she first got her Pull turned into an AoE and then when extra damage was tacked on to her Pull and Polarize, we've ended up in this position where she was nerfed into hell and barely has a niche in the scene. You can't imagine the amount of salt after Nidus' release when I wanted that exact change to Mag's Pull for millennia.

Edited by Liacu