The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forgotten Weapon [LATRON PRIME]

AgroAxel

The Latron Prime desperately needs a buff. This was my favorite weapon a few years ago and now it is abysmal. It's Vaulted so this might be preaching to the choir but it really needs a buff it is outshined by everything.... Please buff it

6 minutes ago, TheEnigma77 said:

The Latron Prime desperately needs a buff. This was my favorite weapon a few years ago and now it is abysmal. It's Vaulted so this might be preaching to the choir but it really needs a buff it is outshined by everything.... Please buff it

i agree, it definitely needs buffed, its not as bad as sicarus used to be but its pretty darn close

Yeah, with the recent surge of weapons with crit chance that can easily hit 35%. 15% crit chance is no longer acceptable for weapons that relies on crit for maximum damage. Latron Prime and Snipers in general really need to get another look.

1 hour ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Balance was thrown out the window when riven came. So we got our buff via riven slot machine.

I'd agree with this, except the Ogris and other a few other "forgotten" weapons got buffed with Octavia's release, after the riven system.

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Yeah, with the recent surge of weapons with crit chance that can easily hit 35%. 15% crit chance is no longer acceptable for weapons that relies on crit for maximum damage. Latron Prime and Snipers in general really need to get another look.

The Prime is not a crit weapon. The Wraith varient is.

The Latron Prime is designed as a pure damage, and status weapon.

The RNG on Rivens is too poor and the platinum prices are thus too steep for them to be a reliable way of balancing weapons in the game. Weapon balance really could use a complete overhaul instead of the current riven system.

Alternatively riven mods could at least stop giving negative effects and drop a little more often in sorties instead of endo statues?

2 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Balance was thrown out the window when riven came. So we got our buff via riven slot machine.

DE has stated weapons won't be balanced around riven mods.

Anyway, the Latron Prime still has a higher base damage (50% more) and status chance compare to the wraith version.

8 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It's genuinely baffling that people can look at a 15% with 2.5x, and think it's not a crit weapon....

Here's a raw damage/ status build:

https://goo.gl/9aUTjH

Here's a crit/status build:

https://goo.gl/0sNvBb 

or even:

https://goo.gl/HpuuPE

(it's obviously a crit weapon)

15% crit chance on a semi automatic weapon with a rather slow rate of fire isn't exactly ideal either now is it? That is compared to many other weapons out there.

20 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

The Prime is not a crit weapon. The Wraith varient is.

The Latron Prime is designed as a pure damage, and status weapon.

Nope, back then the standard for crit weapon is very low and status weapon is barely a thing because dual mods doesn't even exist yet. 15% to 25% is enough to be considered a crit weapon, then crit creeps happens Soma, Synapse, Bow buffs, and now we've got grenade launcher, handguns, revolver, gatling gun sniper hybrid, shotgun, javelin cannon with far better crit chance.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

15% crit chance on a semi automatic weapon with a rather slow rate of fire isn't exactly ideal either now is it? That is compared to many other weapons out there.

I think It's a lot better than people give it credit for. Also it has a 5.4 firerate with shred, bind fire to your mouse wheel and it's really not that slow. 

I mean, it's obviously not ideal, even with the crit build it's only doing like 24k burst dps. There are weapons that sneeze 30-40k.

Edited by rapt0rman

5 minutes ago, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

That's the whole point, back then even bows and snipers are also stuck at 25%. But as time goes by more and more weapons with better crit chance started to appear, bows practically buffed with doubled crit chance. Yet Latron Prime and Snipers only got some damage buff but are still being left with crit chance that is considered mediocre by today's standard

4 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Except that more weapons got flat out dedicated buffs after the riven release then before. Weapon buffs are really really rare. And it showed that weapons that suffer even after the riven system was introduced could get a buff.

1 hour ago, KnightCole said:

Riven mod needs to be determined to be a terrible system and removed.....

The method is whats bad. Rivens themselves however made me pick up weapons I barely used before (including my current main primary. So, sorry about your personal RNG But no, removing it is worse then even keeping it as is.

Edited by Airwolfen

8 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Latron Prime and Snipers in general really need to get another look.

Latron Prime isn't a sniper though. you use it like one, but it doesn't have the benefit of a Scope and a combo system. semi-auto battle rifles are for when you need precision but might need to defend against close targets as well.

I wouldn't say Latron Prime is that bad, especially with a Riven, but I won't argue against a buff if it makes the weapon beastly. I'm more partial to the Wraith myself as a Crit lover though.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Latron Prime isn't a sniper though. you use it like one, but it doesn't have the benefit of a Scope and a combo system. semi-auto battle rifles are for when you need precision but might need to defend against close targets as well.

I wouldn't say Latron Prime is that bad, especially with a Riven, but I won't argue against a buff if it makes the weapon beastly. I'm more partial to the Wraith myself as a Crit lover though.

Never said it was, i'm mentioning snipers because they both suffer from crit creeps. Back then slow firing Snipers only got 25% crit chance at most, while automatic rifles practically have none. So back then 15% crit chance made sense for Latron Prime because it's a semi auto rifle. But now the standard has changed, bows can reach 50%, cross bows and other precision rifle can hit 20-25%, Not to mention there are plenty of non-snipers that can hit 35%. 15-25% is no longer acceptable for Latron Prime and Snipers.

Would like changes on latron series and on tiberon but this can say about in every old weapon which not perform well and with tons of forma and rivens still useless. They need to take their time to visit these items and make them on pair with the newest items and they need to keep on level the new items aswell to avoid powercreep but in this game is fun factor than a negative something. Only players feel the powercreep bad whom want challenge and more competition.

13 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Never said it was, i'm mentioning snipers because they both suffer from crit creeps. Back then slow firing Snipers only got 25% crit chance at most, while automatic rifles practically have none. So back then 15% crit chance made sense for Latron Prime because it's a semi auto rifle. But now the standard has changed, bows can reach 50%, cross bows and other precision rifle can hit 20-25%, Not to mention there are plenty of non-snipers that can hit 35%. 15-25% is no longer acceptable for Latron Prime and Snipers.

The reason why they not touch snipers is mostly because the snipers given bonus crit chance/damage when zoom and these weapons only need puncthrough to be viable. Secondly they created them as a situational weapon family because in this fast paced horde shooter there are hard to find a place where you can use them effectively and they should make the maps larger or remove all snipers from the game. They won't remove these because time spent on creating them and peoples wish to use them in situations but the maps currently bad for it and the stealh system need again a touch up to be usable for snipers. These two takes tremendous of time and they doesn't want to spend their time on these things currently. Minor qol changes would be nice but for snipers this takes more time and planning.