Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

If you don't mind my asking, how exactly does that relate to The Sacrifice? If anything it seems like this is the final build DE plans to have up for a while...

Guessing it's an assumption that we're about to go into the usual hiatus of updates as DE commits to the next major one to release in a reasonable span of time.

6 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

If you don't mind my asking, how exactly does that relate to The Sacrifice? If anything it seems like this is the final build DE plans to have up for a while...

First

We expect to have Mainline with GPU Particles on PC mid-May! Consoles can expect GPU Particles soon after PC.think

You may think the said mainline may not have to be the Sacrifice, but...

So, yeah Sactifice hype!

If you still not sure about that, then...

Edited by LogaMC1995

Just now, LogaMC1995 said:

First

We expect to have Mainline with GPU Particles on PC mid-May! Consoles can expect GPU Particles soon after PC.think

You may think the said mainline may not have to be the Sacrifice, but...

Ah, yes, I am aware of the situation with the particles and Sacrifice. However, it seems like there would be a forum post at the least if there was going to be a new quest implemented. However, Apostasy Prologue was unannounced, so I could be wrong. So I understand your stance, but I am still a little on the fence on what I expect. RedText seemed to have said that it wouldn't be here for a while, but maybe I am misunderstanding something? @LazerSkink mentioned in a different reply that there is usually a large lack of updates once a mainline is on its way. Here's hoping it does come soon though!

59 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

I feel this is Umbra related...

This music gave me chills.. I have never been excited for a warframe update since it's launch like i'm now.. No really none of any updates ever released (maybe a bit with the Octavia and Nidus release).

Looking forward to enjoy a bit of the dark side of the force in warframe, and.. paint our laser swords red? no wait.. well shet.

Still It's neeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.. sorry can't hide my hype now.. but I really do wish it's related to Umbra.. I mean, there is no other obvious reason to release a new soundtrack other than with a new quest.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I mean, there is no other obvious reason to release a new soundtrack other than with a new quest.

I agree, however, there is some new launcher music that came with Beasts of the Sanctuary that I am rather fond of.

Now, on a different note, this has to be for The Sacrifice. I am almost 100% sure that it's Sacrifice related. (Ordis has yet to finish his calculations for me. :suda:)

Maybe we can speculate on what the heck this could be for? My only guesses are rather simple.

Since this is "The Sacrifice" and is definitely tied into Ballas in some way (He voiced the trailer for it. Whether or not this has to do with Apostasy, he voiced the freaking trailer, so he can't not be in the quest in some form or fashion. Even if he's just a recording of some sort that would be fine. He just has to make an appearance in some form or fashion.), my guess is that this could be his theme to an extent. Like how the Tenno have a theme (This is What You Are. It was referenced in The War Within a few times. I know, I am treating this as a movie soundtrack, but the soundtracks for Warframe are movie-worthy in my opinion. And regardless of whether or not this is a movie soundtrack, we can't ignore that factions do indeed have themes.), Ballas may have a theme as well. Hunhow has a theme of sorts, but it's not so much a theme as it is a style of music. 

There are bits of this track that make me think of certain things. Warframe has a specific drum style that it likes to use, and yes, while these are real drums, they are definitely a mark of Warframe. However, when I look up "Naga Drum" on Google, it only gives me Warframe stuff. I looked it up in several different ways, but each one gave me Warframe results. From this I conclude that Naga Drums are Warframe drums, not real. The Naga Drums are definitely important in Warframe. They sounded 10 beats before the Tenno and/or Warframes killed the Orokin. The drums at the beginning of the track sound alot like how I imagine the Naga Drums would sound. This could be a call back to the Orokin. Maybe Ballas took Natah to some secret Orokin society where they were living unbeknownst to the rest of the universe? Maybe in The Sacrifice we go there and that's where this music plays? That brings up another piece of the track; the vocals.

The vocals are similar to the ones used in The Void. I generally view these vocals as "The Orokin Theme" to an extent given that they play on Orokin tilesets and their style tends to play whenever the Orokin are present. (A similar set of vocals were present during lots of The War Within whenever the Grineer Queens were present.) This further reinforces my theory assuming that I am correct on the whole "Orokin Theme" thing.

We received a new track set for The Kuva Fortress in The War Within and it sounded alot more menacing than the other tracks in the game, much like this one, but with a different style. I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting a new tileset with the quest as well and this music plays there. However, this could just as easily be played during a cinematic. 

Well, there's my two cents. What does everyone else think?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Darkclawmtxr739 said:

what if the umbra frames had more unique powers then the original and primed version of original warframes. That would make them more desirable and entertaining.

So they'd then devalue all of their prime access stuff, make unvaultings pointless as opposed to lucrative, and infuriate all of the people who bought previous access.

Awesome. Assuming you want to see how many people you get to uninstall at once.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Darkclawmtxr739 said:

Bold statement that could change and create more unique Warframes of umbra class in the future.

what if the umbra frames had more unique powers then the original and primed version of original warframes. That would make them more desirable and entertaining. They add more into the ability of the warframe. Put more then what they originally have. Or they can give them a new set of abilites.

They shouldn't be more desirable than their Prime variants. Perhaps at first, for the novelty and whatever newness they bring, and perhaps Excalibur since his Prime is just so close to his base, but otherwise no. Not all frames will be able to get an Umbra anyway. There's something odd about them, some measurement that means only some Warframes are eligible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

I'm pretty sure the Umbras ARE going to have different abilities. I was under the impression that is what they're going to have going for them. To what extent they differ from the original frame though... *shrugs*

There's never been an implication of different abilities, just saying the frame variant is going to be "unique and systemic". I'd keep my expectations neutral.

2 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

The drums at the beginning of the track sound alot like how I imagine the Naga Drums would sound. This could be a call back to the Orokin. Maybe Ballas took Natah to some secret Orokin society where they were living unbeknownst to the rest of the universe? Maybe in The Sacrifice we go there and that's where this music plays? That brings up another piece of the track; the vocals.

Somehow the part i quoted you made me think, what if Umbras are like another step on the weapons of orokin? I don't know too much about the lore because I'm from a time where there was no lore almost.

Let me try to make it clear: if Umbras are like primes but a dark version, then let's just speculate here for a moment, Every place has justice, and justice brings those who make bad things down and put them in jail and if there is no choise justice will kill em (Primes), but there is also the special forces or mercenaries etc, those who will kill no matter what (Umbras) so Umbras are special forces that were hidden waiting to be woke up, and now with the threat of Sentients they will wake up and they will kill any who are on their way including Tenno and others (this can probably explain The Sacrifice that the orokin must do for every life), this can explain the new way of adquiring Umbras.. instead of a drop system to get the parts, you will kill a 'Boss Umbra' and get it as reward after the quest.

Or perhaps you will make a deal with orokin.. you will have to fight together with the orokin to stop the Sentients in exchange of having their limited hidden tech called Umbra. (Why limited? well not every frame will get Umbraed)

6 hours ago, Gabriel_98 said:

I feel this is Umbra related...

This song is totally chilled me out, it gave me a feeling of facing something big (both real and/or metaphorical), so big that make me tremble in fear/panic. 

Maybe our little Tenno might facing something like that in the new quest..

The music surpasses expectation like always, one aspect of the cinematic quests that Warframe always hits home is the music.

I remember getting creepy chills when i first heard this 

6 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

So they'd then devalue all of their prime access stuff, make unvaultings pointless as opposed to lucrative, and infuriate all of the people who bought previous access.

Awesome. Assuming you want to see how many people you get to uninstall at once.

I take the opposite view actually.

If they come out same as Primes, and supposedly they look better, why even bother buying Prime Accesses when you can just get the nicer version a year or two down the road for free?

At least if they have different abilities then there is reason to get both the Prime and Umbra version since they are mechanically different.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

vor 2 Minuten schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

I take the opposite view actually.

If they come out same as Primes, and supposedly they look better, why even bother buying Prime Accesses when you can just get the nicer version a year or two down the road for free?

You mean you take the exact same view?

hace 10 horas, LogaMC1995 dijo:

CUqzes8.png

Redtext: You might not see my beautiful crimson text for a while. Is this goodbye? Will you even miss me...Goodbye...for now...

Big update sacrifice SoonTM?

For Umbra we need to sacrifice redtext :shocked: PLOT TWIST

hace 8 horas, KelsierSurvivor dijo:

Well, there's my two cents. What does everyone else think?

For me looks more like two dollars actually :crylaugh: