Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

53 minutes ago, SeriouslySinister said:

I hope not. I can't say the idea of having to sacrifice and arm and presumably the use of any two handed weapon to use arm cannons appeals. I would rather keep my options open. 

Then make a duplicate warframe 

Or use your third arm.. what?

Lots of good talks going on 

ill just note my 2 cents /theory on some of these topics youve all been talking on 

1- the posed form 

this does remind me of our dopplganger , size reference wise they made hits of operator n warframe size comparison in dev stream

Spoiler

QRca6CK.jpgImage result for hey kiddo

2- arm cannon 

be nice to finnaly see it, we know umbra and sentient stuff has been in dev together since 2016 they made that note, could be a link between umbra Vs prime unique factor possibly

most likely it would be we get the new arm replacement function to utilize sentient arms and umbras have their own thing or else id be sad if i cant do a proper nemesis cosplay ...

but the fault in this logic is that the shown arm is the right arm in the sacrifice pic while the  left arm is the one with the arm cannon 

Spoiler

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon.jpgImage result for sentient arm cannon

3- sacrifice PIC 

it does most reflect excalibur/excalibur prime imo  also noted new pic is not matching the old tweeted pic, meaning thats probably a animation cut from the cinematic or something else  

Spoiler

Image result for excalibur primeDb0BEpGUQAAl_jD.jpg:large

Da7WFmjUQAAlgUE.jpg:large

4- current thoughts on developments

-reviewing what we know i see some scenarios becoming more probable, as we know sentient arm device is derived form sentient tech that can then lead us to assume warframes then share possible links with sentient 

this could lead to explain why warframe aka infested golems are not affected by the hive mined. its possible they are using some sentient derived tech that further makes them compatible with warframes 

a further example of compatibility of the infested golems and sentient is the shadow stalker himself who does reflectively gain the same body as excalibur umbra [minus arm blades] 

Spoiler

Image result for shadow stalker

it stands to reason that since stalker is loyal to orokin, he may have returned to ballas who then derives a new warframe series from the shadow stalkers modified warframe unit to now create the umbra warframes [aka dark twisted variants of known warframes] or upgrades shadowstalker to the new umbra body 

possibly to continue on the lore/campaign side 

stalker who was ejected from our ship per TSD and not seen in TWW is injured or its operator [i believe to be a dax loyalist or brainwashed ] is dying due to the feedback we caused when breaking war? 

would reflect well with the trailer stating for their life [tenno death] it would cost yours [stalker operator] 

Spoiler

could also be a dying dax maybe, who wants revenge on us or is talking to margilus/natah about converting her back to normal. 

either way lots of good talks/ideas flowing on this 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

Not entirely. Ballas was the only one rational enough to see the possible outcomes of the program. He kept calling out against it and advocated for Perintol's immediate execution. It was the other Executors that insisted it would be a good idea, basically forcing him to conform due to majority vote. As he stated, "Against my better judgement...."

And then meets the guy out in the hall and says how well the trial had gone.  

It seems he fully intended to get the program going, playing the rule following knight templar versus their pragmatic needs helped persuade the Orokin leadership do something that they were innitially hesitant to even consider.  The only question I have is if he did it trying to save the empire, or had some other agenda.  

And to me, the picture looks like a take on the Vitruvian Man.  The backgroud and lines colors are swapped, and only one arm is raised to avoid being too cheesy about the similarity.  That's just me, though, looking at it as advertisement or symbolism rather than a technical document.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

anyone remember those big ass sentient arm cannon things steve showed off a long time ago? looks like the sacrifice is referring to sacrificing your warframes arm to be able to use that. which probably also means you're gunna have to sacrifice using all your regular weapons with said warframe.

So pretty much you are saying that Umbras will be like Nemesis from Dark sector? lol Nah I don't think so.

30 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

And then meets the guy out in the hall and says how well the trial had gone.  

It seems he fully intended to get the program going, playing the rule following knight templar versus their pragmatic needs helped persuade the Orokin leadership do something that they were innitially hesitant to even consider.  The only question I have is if he did it trying to save the empire, or had some other agenda.  

And to me, the picture looks like a take on the Vitruvian Man.  The backgroud and lines colors are swapped, and only one arm is raised to avoid being too cheesy about the similarity.  That's just me, though, looking at it as advertisement or symbolism rather than a technical document.  

Ay, we already know from the prologue that Ballas will finally be involved. He's been the main critique of the Warframe program as much as he has been the main overseer of it. I hope this quest delves more into what Warframes are and how they were made. Obviously we already know approximately what they are but we've mostly been left to infer that from the content we see or dialogue/codex entries. To that end Ballas likely has a much better grasp of how to take down a Warframe than the Queens ever did, there's a lot of possibilities to finish explaining at least what Warframes are and the history of Ballas and Margulis/Lotus/Natah.

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Db0BEpGUQAAl_jD.jpg:large

I think actually that this picture is a representation of Umbra blueprint. The body is full line but the arm is just dots, I think it means it's under construction like someone is builiding Umbra somewhere.

I can also see it like you are actually sacrificing a Normal excalibur to build Umbra so instead of constructing, it may be deconstructing, starting by the arm.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 2

So far the farest I Could zoom was to about 200 % it kinda revealed 

tm r 4 4 .ay

well according to the warframe text to english thing. anyways what I was pondering was tm r 44 that was weird.

because if we take in if tmr was in abbreviation it could be a couple of things but the most logical one to me was The maker Reveals   and if we where to also take in account that we have in total 53 warframes and it so happened to stop on nekros prime... >_>  in symbolism nekros is resurrection from dead people. could this mean lotus died ???  the other 2 letters I had a hard time figuring out 

Edited by TheSchorch
made a weird thing
  • Like 1

The best lead on what the Tenno text is translated to was "T hr e e. 2" which i am not personally sure but i thought it was "t hr e e. " which is 9, which could be the count of Umbra Frames there are going to be?

that could be a bit of a reach but gotta think of everything.

You know what they say,in order to kill the monster you need 2 become the monster. Maybe its going to bee the same with Umbra,and that is hot we can kill Balas.... Its like we played with Robin and then Nightwing but now is time for Batman 2 come and finish the job.

Edited by Vlada91