Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

33 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

steve tweeting!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

With a Gif taken from a movie or a cartoon of a character under stressful conditions. that's how you know its a good Steve tweet. 

2 hours ago, GrimDelta said:

I tend to believe that ballas will be our ally. The void might come for the rest of the system and Ballas created Umbra as the last line of defense.Would be cool tho to see a side by side cinematic with Ballas slayed down saying "I only tried to pay for my past sins, preparing for the worst to come".Aka void unleashes, sentients come back full blast along with the void demons,  with Hunhow in the person of the Stalker after he took control of him.

I think the man in the wall has chased the Orokin through time over centuries...Drink the Kuva and take over a Yuvan and you can’t escape him.

He wants to usurp mind and body.

Maybe Ballas’ way of dealing with him is to give him his own shadowy Warframe?

And I think Ballas would let the Universe burn if it meant having his Margulis.

Ballas is brilliant and a charismatic genius.

That doesn’t exempt him from evil deeds and insanity.

I suspect Margulis is his lifeline to his humanity...reminds him of what it is to love and be human.  So he might be tragic as well.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 3

They can surprise us saying the sacrifice update will drop when the devstream is at its end "and now we gonna let you with the sacrifice update dropping now" ~ppl going crazy~ . that would be a fine gift.

But yeah it's time to admit it's close than it ever was, how close? That's what we need to know.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I don't really care about excal umbra, but I do care about umbra in general. Most importantly is still what cinematic story and new mechanics it'll bring... 

I was playing with a theory based on the definition of 'umbra' and the number three, and how it could tie old and new mechanics together. Umbra warframes would be an unlocked ability like your operator, a third stage of development or a third layer like the lotus glyph. Once unlocked, you would have to absorb a certain amount of energy as your operator (presumably from kills) to charge your umbra ability, which would enshroud your operator with a warframe-like skin and grant similar movement and abilities, but with 'true' damage and 'ludicrous' stats. The cost would be that you couldn't mod it but advanced it like your operator. Maybe you aquire different Umbra shells and passives like Primes, but I crave the ability to choose at least one of your four abilities, selected from the abilities of warframes you already own.

I don't know how likely this is, but I think it would make the operator mechanic a lot more fun in missions while also giving Eidolon hunts a great climax.

Then again, now that they'll all be called "Umbryos" maybe we'd rather sacrifice a warframe with its prime to get an OP version that'll get nerfed next year 😄

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel

9 hours ago, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

Like they did with War Within? 

I was present at the war within it was not delivered in time at least for PC i don't even remember it anounced on a devstream but I remember waiting together with the whole community on their main forum post about the things delaying the war within for a whole day almost until it was delivered around 4 am here and 1 am there or something like that.

25 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I was present at the war within it was not delivered in time at least for PC i don't even remember it anounced on a devstream but I remember waiting together with the whole community on their main forum post about the things delaying the war within for a whole day almost until it was delivered around 4 am here and 1 am there or something like that.

We will find out more on devstream.and if we are lucky then in a next week or in week after that...

1 hour ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I remember it being dropped at midnight, and I'm in DE's timezone