Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the lore implications of umbras are going to only get more intense i think 

its possible the entire stalker / lower guardian line was made from the remains of the issah or reanimated corpses [via infestation infecting the dead body] , we dont know, but it does make one wonder if there is some connection 

given that stalker with hunhows help ascended to a similar form as umbra in shadow stalker form , and given that hunhow and ballas were in communication could mean hunhow knows how to alter enhance frames 

I think thats where the Heimoloth(butched the spelling i know) will come into play....it could mean that we can alter our frames in some way, stats or otherwise. The mere mention of it and its importance to the constuction of the warframes....and we have one in our ships will mean we will gain some more control and customization over our frames. Might be the way to get those Umbra polarities on the other warframes but it really opens up some really cool opporunities for not only Umbra but all the other frames currently in the game. 

Maybe thats how they can make Umbras have more then just a limited run like they have suggested. Plug in a warframe into the infested chair and have him walk out of the room as an Umbra frame. Could lead to more grinding but it wouldnt be warframe with out it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the lore implications of umbras are going to only get more intense i think 

its possible the entire stalker / lower guardian line was made from the remains of the issah or reanimated corpses [via infestation infecting the dead body] , we dont know, but it does make one wonder if there is some connection 

given that stalker with hunhows help ascended to a similar form as umbra in shadow stalker form , and given that hunhow and ballas were in communication could mean hunhow knows how to alter enhance frames 

You think that Excalibur Umbra is the original warframe of the operator? THe operator refers to him as "my" warframe. He was probably in the sentient war.

I just want to know what happened with the original sacrifice teaser? the orokin pod that appears there didn't really appear anywhere in the quest, and there was no "if you could trade, would you?" line from Ballas. Were these part of the quest but were cut?

3 minutes ago, erasthmus said:

so what will happen when umbra sits in helminth? My umbra came with a cyst so I'm wondering what the interaction will be.

Who knows. Couple more days till we do, so I'm looking forward to Jabbing him.  I don't jab all my frames because I don't really mind the cyst, but Umbra's going straight in that chair. If he's going to be walking around on his own, he needs to be up-to-date on his Vaccinations!

1 minute ago, Gullim92 said:

I just want to know what happened with the original sacrifice teaser? the orokin pod that appears there didn't really appear anywhere in the quest, and there was no "if you could trade, would you?" line from Ballas. Were these part of the quest but were cut?

The teaser was made way before DE even started shaking their heads to realize what would happen in the sacrifice. It was only made as a way to keep us calm telling us "Umbra is coming".

13 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

You think that Excalibur Umbra is the original warframe of the operator? THe operator refers to him as "my" warframe. He was probably in the sentient war.

no not reallly, thats just i built him and he left kinda thing

17 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The Guardians weren't people who were infested during the Orokin era. We know this because of what happens to people who are infested. They lose their minds. There is no way Stalker and the other Guardians were made from infested bodies. They may or may not have worn Warframes, but they themselves were not Warframes.

technically the orokin era went on for a long time and warframes seem to be immortal if not long lived, and we know stalker was around at the END of the era when we off'd the orokin [stalker codex]

this then proves the lower guardians were around at the time warframes and tenno were in use and we know the orokin did experiment to try and recreate our condition , from that and from stalker being a warframe like body and per tsd hunhow chat we know stalker is like us to some degree somehow

what im thinking is due to umbra probably being made near the beginning of the warframe develop , it stands tor reason orokin learned something from its creation, and structure to possibly recreate it to a more controlled degree and maybe that started the lower guardian line 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no not reallly, thats just i built him and he left kinda thing

technically the orokin era went on for a long time and warframes seem to be immortal if not long lived, and we know stalker was around at the END of the era when we off'd the orokin [stalker codex]

this then proves the lower guardians were around at the time warframes and tenno were in use and we know the orokin did experiment to try and recreate our condition , from that and from stalker being a warframe like body and per tsd hunhow chat we know stalker is like us to some degree somehow

what im thinking is due to umbra probably being made near the beginning of the warframe develop , it stands tor reason orokin learned something from its creation, and structure to possibly recreate it to a more controlled degree and maybe that started the lower guardian line 

Stalker isn't like Umbra or any other Warframe. Warframes don't retain their voice or personality. We know this because we've seen Umbra frames (those that are purely infested creatures) and official Tenno-controlled warframes (that don't move much at all). Stalker is not a guy who was turned into a Warframe. He's a guy who put himself into a Warframe. That's a difference. Furthermore, Stalker's codex entry makes distinction between the Tenno (recognized by their Warframes since no one really knew they were kids except the Orokin executors and emperors) and the Guardians. So it is improbable that Stalker would've been turned into a Warframe.

37 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Stalker isn't like Umbra or any other Warframe. Warframes don't retain their voice or personality. We know this because we've seen Umbra frames (those that are purely infested creatures) and official Tenno-controlled warframes (that don't move much at all). Stalker is not a guy who was turned into a Warframe. He's a guy who put himself into a Warframe. That's a difference. Furthermore, Stalker's codex entry makes distinction between the Tenno (recognized by their Warframes since no one really knew they were kids except the Orokin executors and emperors) and the Guardians. So it is improbable that Stalker would've been turned into a Warframe.

im thinking your confusing what im saying again and again .....

16 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I think thats where the Heimoloth(butched the spelling i know) will come into play....it could mean that we can alter our frames in some way, stats or otherwise. The mere mention of it and its importance to the constuction of the warframes....and we have one in our ships will mean we will gain some more control and customization over our frames. Might be the way to get those Umbra polarities on the other warframes but it really opens up some really cool opporunities for not only Umbra but all the other frames currently in the game. 

Maybe thats how they can make Umbras have more then just a limited run like they have suggested. Plug in a warframe into the infested chair and have him walk out of the room as an Umbra frame. Could lead to more grinding but it wouldnt be warframe with out it. 

well we know it has a transference spike , possibly its how orokin infected volunteers originally  ?

50 минут назад, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n сказал:

As EternalDrkMako mentioned, with time Warframe creation process could be refined to a point it did not result in raving madness. Compare any invention 10 years ago to what we have now :). Why would Orokin not improve their only reliable weapon against Sentients? Why would they not try to find a way to go around the limited amount of Zariman kids by building a frame that can think without a “Void Demon” and mass produce it? So I would not dismiss the possibility of Stalker being a frame without Operator. Remember Acolytes? According to Alad, Stalker “has found others as twisted as himself”. I find it peculiar how they seem to address our frames directly, the way they “talk” and what they say.

"I see you are still their servants."

“The Shadow is pure, undreaming, untainted.”

"These children will not stop us from punishing you. The Shadow commands it."

Of course DE may change or retcon it, but Sacrifice proven they do have a story planned out in advance.

Edited by rand0mname
Spelling. Again.