Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

No, don't need to be operator, you can shoot with a weapon.

It only has 2 containers, one that explodes and one is normal.

Nothing else is inside that room, I tried to jump around and shoot everything, I standed where the sword was as well, and shoot the pod, I also used both scanners to see if I could find something, nothing there for now.

If DE really wanted us to see something on that room, it would be a silhouette on the distance, or a symbol of unknown thing, or even some void writing on the wall.

Still it's good to keep an eye on that room, maybe on one of the updates they add a new message to decipher on that specific room, or maybe not.

Edited by Eminem37

On 7/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, Dawn11715 said:

The frames are indeed build to work  as surrogates and do work like that to some extend. I think what many people dont like about this, is that they really grew close to their warframes over time and dont want them to be mere puppets. They were used to being these powerful warriors and simply didnt want this to be a lie.

Also, as mentioned before warframes having a mind of their own is hinted to the point that its almost 100% a thing. (Ballas, Rhino prime codex, Breaking War, Umbra) You can also see it on the fact that they all have their own idle animations: even while they are controlled all the reflexes and subconscious acting  comes from the warframe, not the operator. If this weren't the case, our Operators would move a lot more like the warframes do, but they dont seem to posses any extended knowledge about martial arts, or acrobatic skills.

I don't see how the introduction of the Operator changes that really, the Warframes are still hella powerful.

And I do agree that Warframes have some sort of mind, but when I say "mindless" I mean more like an animal pet is to a human you know? It'll defend itself, like when stabbed through by War, but it won't get any further without energy from the Operator to actually get up and move to save them, it only has basic instincts.

And Operators would be the ones with the knowledge, considering they are the actual brain component, the higher though processes and what not. Remember, the Operator pretty much channels their power through the frame, and cause the void is a weird thing, you got stuff like Operator mode where they project themselves there either physically or as the Transference ability

On 7/13/2017 at 5:27 PM, Golmihr said:

No. We already have some lore about it. From the wiki:

"In Warframe, the Infestation was created and utilized by the Orokin to combat the Sentients. Much of the game's lore is presented in an ambiguous fashion; however it can be inferred that the virus seems to have no prejudices as to whom it affects, be it Grineer, Corpus, Orokin, robotic or unarmed civilian; only the Tenno and their Warframes appear to be truly immune to the plague. The presence of both organic and robotic Infested implies that the virus might not have an RNA/DNA base: although the affliction may have organic origins, the virus itself may be bound with nano-machines that invade living cells or machinery in equal measure.

The Mire references something called the "Great Plague" in its description. The Great Plague may be a reference to the Infestation itself or a period after its creation. The Mire's resemblance to the Infested suggests a connection between the Great Plague and the Infested themselves."

They probably tried to weaponized their bio tech after the Tenno rebelled. They couldn't use their usual high tech weapons against the Sentients. That's also the lore background to why the Tenno seem to favor old fashioned and simple weapons, like beating stuff to death with a stick. (You can check the description of the Tonbo in the ingame codex for an example)

You see those white "plants" in Orokin towers, both the ones in the Void and how they've grown rampant in derelicts? See the teaser for Plains of Eidolon when they cut flesh out of a piece of an Orokin tower? Notice that Ancients and Boilers look like twisted plants? The Orokin used the Infestation, or the Technocyte since DE wants to re-use that name, which are techno-biological nanites of some sort, to make most of their structures, then add in small details with metals and stuff because that's super efficient and you could literally grow an empire in a year or less, especially with Grineer slave labor. They also used it to grow the Warframes and then put armor on them. The only reason that stuff didn't literally eat them was because they programmed it, even as vain as they were they did have more advanced technology than anyone else around thanks to their Archimedians.

The Tenno rebelled after the Sentients had already been beaten due to the Lotus' infiltration & influence and probably years of other bad S#&$ the Orokin did since they're evil that the Tenno couldn't do anything about. They had to use those old fashioned weapons because the Orokin plasma cannons didn't work on the Sentients.

So I don't see why you'd disagree, maybe they did release some to see if it would work, maybe it broke out, either way Salad V and Dr. Tengus are both to blame for it being back and free now.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You see those white "plants" in Orokin towers, both the ones in the Void and how they've grown rampant in derelicts? See the teaser for Plains of Eidolon when they cut flesh out of a piece of an Orokin tower? Notice that Ancients and Boilers look like twisted plants? The Orokin used the Infestation, or the Technocyte since DE wants to re-use that name, which are techno-biological nanites of some sort, to make most of their structures, then add in small details with metals and stuff because that's super efficient and you could literally grow an empire in a year or less, especially with Grineer slave labor. They also used it to grow the Warframes and then put armor on them. The only reason that stuff didn't literally eat them was because they programmed it, even as vain as they were they did have more advanced technology than anyone else around thanks to their Archimedians.

The Tenno rebelled after the Sentients had already been beaten due to the Lotus' infiltration & influence and probably years of other bad S#&$ the Orokin did since they're evil that the Tenno couldn't do anything about. They had to use those old fashioned weapons because the Orokin plasma cannons didn't work on the Sentients.

So I don't see why you'd disagree, maybe they did release some to see if it would work, maybe it broke out, either way Salad V and Dr. Tengus are both to blame for it being back and free now.

Doesn't matter if the war was won since they knew the sentients could return. Without the tenno they likely needed a new weapon.

Perhaps I should had explained what I meant better so for theory crafting about the origin of the infestation, think about it this way:

It's unlikely that simply breaking into a holding-facility would lead to the infestation because that is an obvious thing to secure against with counter measures like simply not storing it in a dangerous state or similar. What I think is more likely is that after they lost the tenno the Orokin needed a new low-tech weapon that would be better under their control. Their obvious choice would be to try and experiment with the (presently named) infestation to create a weapon that could work on its own and target sentients. It's likely, based on what we know today about the infestation, that they lost control of its adaption capabilities.

Edited by Golmihr

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Sangiin said:

Maybe the room is just some room that will be important later but isn't made yet so they just left it as a treasure room.

Nah, I just think it's a normal hidden room and because they used that room in the trailer, because it looked cool, people are paying more attention to it.

If there's any quest specific room we're not going to see it until the quest comes. RE: Queens chamber, Reservoir pre evacuation (notice how the actual room is different in quests than in the Lua random generated tilesets).

10 hours ago, Corial said:

I dont know if anyone has seen or discovered this before, so I thought of sharing what I found.

20170715012417_1.jpg

Found something unusual from the room where Umbra teaser was filmed. (you have to climb wall quite a while to reach this spot; pay attention to minimap)

20170715014218_3.jpg

On the left from entering there is cluster of rocks that can be destroyed.

20170715014220_1.jpg

Partially destroyed already. Note that anything can destroy the rocks, I just decided to do it with Azima/Operator's voidbeam. (there were 2 of the same room in one run)

20170715011756_1.jpg

Completely destroyed and exposed.

20170715012028_1.jpg

Dont know what kind of purpose this cluster will serve, because in this room were only 1-2 normal containers.

20170715012032_1.jpg

Close-up.

I also tested around if other rocks/objects could be destroyed with abilities or weapons; nothing else discovered so far.

A clan mate of mine said that he found the room too and he saw the pod. Not sure how accurate the pod part is though

1 hour ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

you mean this pod?

33EB41B2E1E929702CA331D8DD01781760ED20A1

He probably does. It does appear in the room, but we are quite sure it isnt anything special unless we get close-up.

It has been there for probably as long as Lua has existed.

3 hours ago, Corial said:

He probably does. It does appear in the room, but we are quite sure it isnt anything special unless we get close-up.

It has been there for probably as long as Lua has existed.

I concluded that the room itself is not special, and as like you said "It has been there for probably as long as Lua has existed."

So no matter what we do, there is nothing to look there, and will not be until the quest comes, besides the quest itself has a possibility of having nothing to do with that pod or room, BUT, since umbra was jumping down to the sword, the secret room can be used as a location where umbra was hid. Who knows.

But yes, I would guess that the room was just selected for the teaser as for the representation of the orokin moon, meaning that the quest can be on the moon itself and not just that specific room with that specific pod.

Edited by Eminem37

Operation: Lua investigation [1]

wFSGMdZ.png

sacrifice trailer area: 

its commonly found in crossfire for me . so if you wish to investigate thats a place to go

Now most notably there are things in this area that are to be noted

main area:

Spoiler

this is what it looks like when you first enter , a "red" locked door is visible

image.png?width=501&height=282

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQzJTeHqaZhuo5GgL3AkXahk4BF6hXh3oFfGOBKsyNLloQsbZllZsI.hpdCIP7p9LAAwQjTrzsdbYJvJIECPBQR1UBsq3Q8zJJIFsAH8HrgaMwPCQAUONbbT9F8Q7kunPNm9i0wRAn5udPsSwlsVQ.oQZcJbQThsz7ThlOuvU.pbFL6XINxKVYpjmXz.an8qLhZoLIk81Ak4Jx8GJkWgD0H3A.BOs0AwFrQtXaFKPNh_cabVoACEqtW2oGXARyBiRizEiYUnhUwfmS3k07OKUY_I-&format=png&h=640&w=1138

1:the door..

Spoiler

the door is locked every instance of this on the tileset you encounter

- if you can glitch behind it nothing is there, meaning its possibly an add on for content to come .. 

image.png?width=927&height=521

2: the pod

Spoiler

using navigator on an ivara you can look around it , same textures and styles as the map , nothing about it seems active 

it seems weird this is cast in such a dramatic style in that area, alone in a cavern , and under a spot light 

if you use navigator on an ivara, the light source is just a floating source ..nothing is rendered near it , so like a piece of the map yet to be added 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ.OjfacSjus7QFJsG5xDnx2DoRk9wHcFeqNVeSI4_DtyGknXe6OfcaPvJm38sBxsg8c0_FyoMVdwSDaiOJxtAIypQGmv2Fpxra16N7fZu5z9N0lUOvwZU68Y.cPkdmZ9iwB6Ot47.5r7jDkJzidBXeMRwfqJbj7XWQsGmSKEtqMw3XeeCkS3YkWLvTkZsf.qEppTHOUVAxuSROr9dqctkXMMN6w7DKjam_SOVEQqtoTEpYnFGr_yJuXVI.TTpnQ1cjbiXDHWrK3Se_UFLwjt_d4-&format=png&h=640&w=1138

3: the secret room ... 

Spoiler

if you go  directly up, when facing the pod, there is a secret room at the top [this is a previously known secret area] 

when you get to the very top is a glow light area, to the left is a path that has light peering through a crack, in the wall, you can use weapons to destroy stones in this wall (like in tww ..)

after which you will enter a room were containers  can spawn, and some strange audio is noticed only inside ...? , the room has light up tile as you walk as in the lower areas, also there is slab of architecture similar to the piece in plains

growing out/around? it is a white tree like style we know from the void, this "tree" wraps around into a cacoon like bulge then reforms and goes up and out of the map, a tenno and frame can get into and out of this bulge area... 

Image result for plains of eidolon warframe

Warframe2586.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2587.jpg?width=960&height=540

20170715012417_1.jpggBBwGJT.png20170715014218_3.jpg

20170715012032_1.jpg

4: black & gold structures ..?

Spoiler

in the middle of the area with the pod there is a black n gold structure, these actually can be found in other areas of lua, but its not usual for the orokin, who use white and gold predominantly, so why make a black and gold structure, and why is one near the pod/trailer area? 

examples of the structure can be found near puzzle rooms

normal white for comparison image.png?width=927&height=521

judgment hall ( recording?) 

Spoiler

in the judgment hall area, when you enter it triggers a face/portal? recording to play ? is there some way to fix this? or maybe see what we can make of it? 

klFaWDU.png?width=947&height=521

Warframe0085.jpg?width=834&height=522

Warframe0083.jpg?width=834&height=522

Warframe0089.jpg?width=834&height=522

2017 lua concept art?

Spoiler

these were found posted by warframe concept artists [these are in public view ..anyone can see them ] 

these are labeled with the artists titles of them , so possibly more lua areas to explore ? or maybe open world lua ?

orokin moon mega structure B

Spoiler

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Structure B 1Warframe - Orokin Moon - Structure B 2

orokin moon megastructure A

Spoiler

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Mega Structure - A 2

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Mega Structure - A 1

orokin moon mining

Spoiler

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Mining

Pools of Ascension  A 

Spoiler

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Pools Of Ascension - 01 a

Pools of Ascension B

Spoiler

Warframe - Orokin Moon - Pools Of Ascension - 02Warframe - Orokin Moon - Pools Of Ascension - 01

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

10 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Doesn't matter if the war was won since they knew the sentients could return. Without the tenno they likely needed a new weapon.

Perhaps I should had explained what I meant better so for theory crafting about the origin of the infestation, think about it this way:

It's unlikely that simply breaking into a holding-facility would lead to the infestation because that is an obvious thing to secure against with counter measures like simply not storing it in a dangerous state or similar. What I think is more likely is that after they lost the tenno the Orokin needed a new low-tech weapon that would be better under their control. Their obvious choice would be to try and experiment with the (presently named) infestation to create a weapon that could work on its own and target sentients. It's likely, based on what we know today about the infestation, that they lost control of its adaption capabilities.

You're obviously not getting it. The Tenno had already destroyed all the Sentients aside from Natah/ Lotus in the system when they killed off the Orokin council, which is their leadership. Since there still would be stuff to deal with between the defeat of the Sentients and the fall of the Orokin Empire as suggested in some of the synthesis target entries, the Great Plague, which probably was referring to the Infestation and a period of time, since even the name of the Infestation refers to it and what it does to people, was most likely directly following the Old War when everything was still in ruins from all the fighting. Then, once the Infestation was cut down to a manageable size is probably when the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin for good. But considering DE didn't bother to give us any actual scale of time aside from "This stuff happened a really long time ago and you've been in cryosleep since" it's hard to say when what happened, if not that everything was going on almost at the same time.

Personally, I think the Great Plague really kicked off somewhere toward the end of the war against the Sentients if not in the middle, when the Infestation had already infected millions, so the Orokin divided their forces to fight on two fronts, holding back the Infested while also beating the Sentients. Then, with the Sentients gone, the Orokin celebrated, which is when the Tenno killed them off. Then in the time that followed, the Tenno continued to fight the Infestation, the Grineer rebelled, the Archimedians fled and became the Corpus over time, and then once everything was relatively good again and the people began to rebuild the Lotus put us in cryosleep so we wouldn't age and die. During that time is when the Corpus and Grineer also got really dangerous and all the left over Prime stuff that wasn't already destroyed in the Old War and Great Plague, which is what the Orokin had originally supplied us with, was stolen by the two factions to make their own hybrid tech since by then all knowledge, what little of it the Orokin shared, was lost for good.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

29 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You're obviously not getting it. The Tenno had already destroyed all the Sentients aside from Natah/ Lotus in the system when they killed off the Orokin council, which is their leadership. Since there still would be stuff to deal with between the defeat of the Sentients and the fall of the Orokin Empire as suggested in some of the synthesis target entries, the Great Plague, which probably was referring to the Infestation and a period of time, since even the name of the Infestation refers to it and what it does to people, was most likely directly following the Old War when everything was still in ruins from all the fighting. Then, once the Infestation was cut down to a manageable size is probably when the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin for good. But considering DE didn't bother to give us any actual scale of time aside from "This stuff happened a really long time ago and you've been in cryosleep since" it's hard to say when what happened, if not that everything was going on almost at the same time.

Personally, I think the Great Plague really kicked off somewhere toward the end of the war against the Sentients if not in the middle, when the Infestation had already infected millions, so the Orokin divided their forces to fight on two fronts, holding back the Infested while also beating the Sentients. Then, with the Sentients gone, the Orokin celebrated, which is when the Tenno killed them off. Then in the time that followed, the Tenno continued to fight the Infestation, the Grineer rebelled, the Archimedians fled and became the Corpus over time, and then once everything was relatively good again and the people began to rebuild the Lotus put us in cryosleep so we wouldn't age and die. During that time is when the Corpus and Grineer also got really dangerous and all the left over Prime stuff that wasn't already destroyed in the Old War and Great Plague, which is what the Orokin had originally supplied us with, was stolen by the two factions to make their own hybrid tech since by then all knowledge, what little of it the Orokin shared, was lost for good.

You are the one who is not getting it. If some Sentients could find their way back then it is likely that more could come. It's not a matter of who killed who if things were in ruin or finer details of the in between but a simple question of their needing to be a replacement for or back-up to the Tenno and then that attempt going wrong. I find that much more likely than your random accident theory.

Edited by Golmihr

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Things he said.

Locked door : Not really, the first time that I searched for the room (that was yesterday) the door was not locked and it was the continuation to the end of the mission for me.

Black'n Gold: I can confirm that, but not on the same tile as I found the room, yet I found black'n gold structures everywhere on the hidden parts of Lua a.k.a. wholes on the walls that forms an alternative way of passage.

Symbol: I have not noticed that symbol, probably because I was too busy looking around the areas where you could not access.

Edited by Eminem37

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Operation: Lua investigation [1]

In comparison, the void has actually bits of Black or dark gray rooms.20117616_1881522092110404_543907577_n.jp20120900_1881522255443721_542898560_n.jp20136395_1881522115443735_92044671_n.jpg

You can see the difference of the white and black/dark gray.

But yes, Lua has different structures with the black/dark gray color.

Edited by Eminem37