Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 hours ago, Navarchus said:

What part? Ballas on lifesupport before the reveal of Umbra?

You won't be sacrificing the life of your Operator.  Plains of Eidelon has huge plans to expand Operator customization and combat and no way is DE killing off the potential there.  Just from a revenue/business model  standpoint, DE wouldn't do it.

7 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Hopefully we get to sacrifice the space mom or maybe Ordis.

DE went full Disney and won't stop at this. We will not have to sacrifice anything that is related to the story. Even though there is a lot of entities different parts of the playerbase would like to get rid of, there will be no meaningful choices in the upcoming quest.

I will be glad to be wrong tho

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Who says that it was Ballas that was on life support? 

9GA9g.gif

It was Ballas narrating so it was coming from him, visually I didn't see any IV cables hanging off of Excalibur Umbra and him pulling a hospital bed out of the stone. Haha

3 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

It was Ballas narrating so it was coming from him, visually I didn't see any IV cables hanging off of Excalibur Umbra and him pulling a hospital bed out of the stone. Haha

The alternate possibility is that it was Ballas talking to someone dying on life support, offering them a devil's bargain. Sacrifice their life and their dying human body, accept the technocyte infection, the surgical modifications and cybernetic augments, and become the basis for a Warframe.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Wait....does the Teshin not hold 2 weapons? Dax would have both there as when we get hit by the Drahk master, we drop BOTH of a Duel Weapon. Would we not see the other blade as well?

If it is a Dax that is in Umbra....cool. Either way the story goes.....he will be MINE!

"He will be mine", you mean Umbra or Teshin? XD

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

Hopefully we get to sacrifice the space mom or maybe Ordis.

This, but

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

DE went full Disney and won't stop at this. We will not have to sacrifice anything that is related to the story

this.

Though we may occasionally have to make "difficult" choices of having to sacrifice one of two factions/npcs/whatevers, that were introduced to us ten minutes ago within the same quest chain (ie something nobody cares about).

Like that gurl-whatever-her-name in Nidus questline.

Luckily, between "Sun" and "Moon" paths we also have an honest option of "I don't really care either way" path. For which I'm grateful. 

4 minutes ago, jopos15 said:

i know the sacrifice we sacrifice ordis his voice module.

its the perfect sacrifice

NO i like ordis .... I rather have Ordis be able to switch more freely in between Murder happy and  just friendly instead of having umbra. aka he does try and correct himself . he  when you make a weapon. " Operator your tool of death is ready. Pick it now!" Or " Operator Ordis has completed the foundry task. please claim it now. " 

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

Just now, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

NO i like ordis .... I rather have Ordis be able to switch more freely in between Murder happy and  just friendly instead of having umbra.

no i need to destroy him

he keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

selling ordis voice module 0.01 platinum

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Umb.....been waiting for him for too long. He is standing between me playing Wukong and Nezha as i made a vow to play them after maxing Umb. Long time waiting....

Ok X)

I wanna sacrifice my operator, for an umbra ( hoping it has really cool powers :) )  , btw hope its the operator, since there is a group of ppl that kinda felt it was a bit weird, to let a child wield their 6 forma prime warframe : D

Edited by haze777
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MadHatHacker said:

I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?" 

Why do you instantly assume that it is a morgue even though the writer themselves is unsure? If anything you're the one who is wrong here for relying on an unreliable narrator who is panicking and running for their life. Also, the Zariman was stuck in the Void for years before they recovered it as said at the end of the Second Dream.

And if it is actually a morgue and the Orokin were using the corpses of the Tennos parents, whatever was left as well as Technocyte to make the first Warframes, well that's even more #*($%%@ up then. I'm just not going to take the word of an unreliable narrator and a person like you who has to be a $&*^ about it. And anyway, what does that change in the end considering the original Prime frames were mostly destroyed and lost between the Old War and the Tenno waking up again?

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Because they talked about it, Sentients can "swallow" or "absorb" other materials to regenerate and even change their body.

Yea I didn't hear them talking about it, only skimmed over the drawings because I am really not interested in fighting more of a S#&$ty unbalanced faction until DE actually fixes the stuff they just seem to be avoiding in favor of new content

15 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Why do you instantly assume that it is a morgue even though the writer themselves is unsure? If anything you're the one who is wrong here for relying on an unreliable narrator who is panicking and running for their life. Also, the Zariman was stuck in the Void for years before they recovered it as said at the end of the Second Dream.

And if it is actually a morgue and the Orokin were using the corpses of the Tennos parents, whatever was left as well as Technocyte to make the first Warframes, well that's even more #*($%%@ up then. I'm just not going to take the word of an unreliable narrator and a person like you who has to be a $&*^ about it. And anyway, what does that change in the end considering the original Prime frames were mostly destroyed and lost between the Old War and the Tenno waking up again?

Why do you instantly assume that it is a morgue even though the writer themselves is unsure? If anything you're the one who is wrong here for relying on an unreliable narrator who is panicking and running for their life.
Because if they're storing people from the Zariman and it's not children, then it's corpses. The narrator describes a morgue and then mentions that he believes it's a morgue. The writing device they're utilizing is meant to convey realization from a first person perspective, not a question. "Oh my god, is this a..." You get the idea. Or maybe you don't.

Also, the Zariman was stuck in the Void for years before they recovered it as said at the end of the Second Dream.
Which is literally meaningless because time in the void is non-linear. On Lua, one room can simultaneously be in the present and thousands of years in the past. Duh.

And if it is actually a morgue and the Orokin were using the corpses of the Tennos parents, whatever was left as well as Technocyte to make the first Warframes, well that's even more #*($%%@ up then.
Dark Sectors is non-canon, Technocyte doesn't exist in this univ
erse, and just because something offends your sensibilities doesn't make it not true. 

I'm just not going to take the word of an unreliable narrator and a person like you who has to be a $&*^ about it.

If you're unwilling to look at the pieces of evidence the game lays out for the player to discover, then that's your problem. I don't know how it gets any more official than the codex, but if you've found a reliable source of information that isn't in the game, I'm all ears. As for my being an expletive of some kind, my first post was not at all inflammatory. Your response was, and homie don't play like that. 

And anyway, what does that change in the end considering the original Prime frames were mostly destroyed and lost between the Old War and the Tenno waking up again?

Well it would make me right and you wrong, wouldn't it? 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

this all seems oddly familiar  ...  

Was posting on Page 40, I think my reply some hours ago got lost in this post of yours RIP. (Post about Stalker-Players)

Eh, moving that to personal post, but yeah, there were several PAGES (about 9 more pages added to this MEGA THREAD.

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Yea I didn't hear them talking about it, only skimmed over the drawings because I am really not interested in fighting more of a S#&$ty unbalanced faction until DE actually fixes the stuff they just seem to be avoiding in favor of new content

You can't kill Sentients? Why? You know the beam of your Operator remove their adaptation.