Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Harrow good for Christian players?

Trexlord36

OK so I've been playing this game for about 2 years now with no real worries about it. However, the new update with Harrow kinda worries me. I mean, he is from a religious factions who worships a transference fracture of a Tenno because he "protects them" and what not. I don't know if I'm just worrying about nothing, but I am curious to see what other Christian players think about this. Also I tried looking at other topics about this and found none, so please leave feedback!

I really don't see why a videogame should have any impact on your religious views regardless of what faith you are. Harrow is if anything more like a cult-themed Warframe, and cults are in every religion.

granted, I'm an Atheist, but I don't get offended when Atheist characters in games act weirdly or do wrong, so I don't get what it is you're looking for here..

3 minutes ago, Trexlord36 said:

OK so I've been playing this game for about 2 years now with no real worries about it.

2 years of slaughtering thousands upon thousands, ripping apart beings with blade, gun and claw and suddenly a "priest" frame appears and you're worried about your immortal soul?

I think you'll be okay buddy.

8 minutes ago, Trexlord36 said:

OK so I've been playing this game for about 2 years now with no real worries about it. However, the new update with Harrow kinda worries me. I mean, he is from a religious factions who worships a transference fracture of a Tenno because he "protects them" and what not. I don't know if I'm just worrying about nothing, but I am curious to see what other Christian players think about this. Also I tried looking at other topics about this and found none, so please leave feedback!

If you feel threatened by a fictitious religion on a game then i feel that i should mention that innaros was worshiped as a god, and so was the silver grove. this isnt the first frame with relgion in it.

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

As a Christian, I'm going to agree with what others have said: if Harrow concerns you, but ripping legions of Corpus, Grineer, and Infested into pieces doesn't, there's something amiss. If a fictional pseudoreligion disturbs you, I would remind you that it's not real.

21 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

This is a freaking game not a religious movement!  I know how to separate reality from fantasy maybe you should learn that too!

Chill out. There's no reason for you to get triggered.

34 minutes ago, Trexlord36 said:

Harrow is a Catholic stereotype, not generic Christian. Christians don't even use Catholic sacraments or thuribles or anything of that sort. 

Harrow is simply a typical exorcist stereotype and is portrayed as nothing less than a good priest sacrificing himself to protect others. If that offends you either 1) You think there is something wrong with exorcists and are secretly in league with lucifer.* 2) You hate Catholics.**

*Joke

**Also a joke, hopefully obvious. 

3 hours ago, Trexlord36 said:

I mean, he is from a religious factions who worships a transference fracture of a Tenno because he "protects them" and what not

Inaros of the desert, King of the Sands, slayer of the Skymen, worshipped as a god by an entire colony of terrified, dying people on Phobos, claimed by said people to be their protector.

Rell, child unlike the others, cast out by both post-incident caretaker and fellow Void infected children because of his "difference", not worshipped, in fact only given any sort of treatment by two people total, being his own mother, and a spiritual medium.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know exactly how you connected Harrow to Christianity. Not trying to be hostile.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 hour ago, Trexlord36 said:

Why though? Seriously, I this game is very violent and brutal at times, you would think that if you where Christian or even just religious enough, you wouldn't play this game? 

3 hours ago, Kjahla81 said:

I think most of the misconception comes from the placeholder name as priestframe and it stuck in our minds. Nothing in that quest felt religious at all.

Precisely. I suppose it was a mistake from the beginning labelling him as a priest.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

This is a freaking game not a religious movement!  I know how to separate reality from fantasy maybe you should learn that too!

You tell him dogmadan :P

Love your vids :P

Also, I'm a nihilistic so I don't really care what's in a game

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

I thought not separating them was the point of religion. :^)

On a more serious note though, it's fiction and even before Harrow it already had plenty of religious themes. Aside from Harrow looking like a catholic space robot there's nothing overly religious in this update, it has more in common with horror movies than religion.

#INTENT while I haven't finished the quest (sooooo exited to though) I can say I have 0 doubt DE would have put Christian references in maliciously knowing DE Steve and other employees. If it  bothers you that sucks but they are interesting topics to delve into.