The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You said we would have "bigger" tiles, Why not bring back some older ones.

Alex9-3-9

a lot of these tilesets i'm seeing are the same size as what we have now. 
just with bullet jumping and sprint speeds, etc we zip through it so easily compared to back then

edit: watching more of this, yeah we have this exact stuff except 10:00 looks unfamiliar. 

Edited by Vesiga

Just now, Vesiga said:

a lot of these tilesets i'm seeing are the same size as what we have now. 
just with bullet jumping and sprint speeds, etc we zip through it so easily compared to back then

The one that is at the time I've marked is very tall and around the size of the asteroid boss room you would be required to use the elevator to get up from the bottom floor even with bulletjumping.

Just now, Alex9-3-9 said:

The one that is at the time I've marked is very tall and around the size of the asteroid boss room you would be required to use the elevator to get up from the bottom floor even with bulletjumping.

yeah i see that one, theres a few that look like they scrapped, would be nice to have back tbh. where he drops down around 10:05 could be good for snipers :p

Just now, Vesiga said:

yeah i see that one, theres a few that look like they scrapped, would be nice to have back tbh. where he drops down around 10:05 could be good for snipers :p

If it could be used for Mobile Defense, It would be an amazing sniping spot.

The sounds for melee, and the overall look of it from the video, seem much more satisfying and impactful, and also much slower.
Warframe looks vastly different between then and now. Not a fan of the HUD, though, especially the big HP bars for enemies.

One of the tiles looked very vertical, and would probably work well in WF's current state, would probably need some polish and all that so it looks more up-to-date.

Funny story: After Chains of Harrow dropped, I started seeing a room in Corpus ship tilesets I haven't seen in a long, long time. Specifically the big, open, square-ish room with the raised platform in the middle and the catwalk running along the perimeter of the room. At first I thought it was just part of the quest, but...nope, started seeing it in normal missions too. Really took me back.

Would be nice to see some of those old rooms come back--with a bit of remastering, of course. I used to love jumping down from the top of the elevator in the room the OP mentioned.

DE has a lot of stuff to work on, I mean they did just re-master the entire Earth tile set graphically as well as little tweaks to level layout, which looks stunning btw. They changed it up just enough to make me get lost a bit, and I know the Earth tile set like the back of my hand. Next I hope they flesh out the Invasion tile sets more, maybe throw in a little bit of Archwing when transitioning from ship to ship along with the boarding torpedoes, the Corpus to Grineer one is kinda meh. And the one with the asteroid in the middle could use to be made a bit bigger too.

Speaking of Archwing some more maps for that would be nice to, like Infested Archwing and Orokin Moon where you could fly between those towers.

basically i want DE to bring back ALL of the old tiles that they have removed

there should be a policy of never removing an old tile from the rotation but instead only temporarily take them down if they absolutely need to be reworked, but then make them work with the current build and all the markers for the new mobility and AI and whatnot and PUT THEM BACK IN THE GAME 

several long/tile grineer asteroid tiles

both of the unique corpus/grineer ships VIP/capture room tiles

some MD tiles, and some endless defense tiles

many orokin tiles, fwiw many of these have been reworked, but this is the point, i want this kind of effort shown for ALL tiles, not just for this one particular tileset...

DE PLZ

there are at least a dozen old tiles that i can remember and think of fondly that are no longer in the game, and their removal just makes the RNG tile generator that much more monotonous and boring =/ taking more and more tiles out even when you add new ones in is like a net zero gain, i dont understand why DE doesnt get this, they are not improving or increasing the variety, they are just changing it, but unless the numbers of tiles continues to increase, the monotony will still be present... =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Dear lord, the nostalgia from some of those sound effects.

I wasn't in CBT, but a handful of those sounds carried over into U7+, I remember a few. Particularly the engergy pickup sound, that one was around for awhile.

On topic: I'd like to see larger tiles, like that one hangar tile on the Corpus Outpost tileset. I think that's the largest tile we have in game right now and I'd love to see more like it. Most of the tiles feel too congested and/or claustrophobic, especially at the speeds we can move around with.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

@ pax aus, it was mentioned that they are working or at least prototyping larger tile sets - something akin to how halo does its sets if memory serves me

I am slightly hoping for a warframe x monster Hunter type with some Grineer or corpus outposts or maybe infested meteors that create monstrosities

The old raid mission and the old sabotage corpus tile. Btw yep there were some maps which missing and we always talk about how little the variety in maps and each mission could get a real one tileset easily if they once let players to make own maps. I am sure some people who creating maps in mount and blade, unreal tournamet etc have the knowledge to make maps for warframe. There are assets and just need to use them and build own rooms. 

Nice thing the random generated stuff but all room prebuilt and the variety is small. Need more map and bring back the old ones too guys, please.

Ah man I remember so many of them, vertical, complex and eloquent. Miss many of them too, they were hard for the time but many of the games issues back then have been solved now so those would not pose the problem they once may have done.

I remember some of those larger rooms...and the reason that they were removed, that being said things have changed to where they should be added back.

Just in case people are wondering why those tiles were removed: pretty much everyone was yelling to have them removed or simplified because of how easy it was to become lost in them and how many areas you could get stuck in them.
Back then the waypoint and map and movement system just couldn't deal with those tiles nicely so DE removed them to prevent people from getting stuck and lost.
Fun fact: they removed some of these tiles shortly after they removed the "No Minimap!" nightmare condition.  The two combined was horrible to play through and at the time the players were right in calling for their removal.

Now that we have better movement and waypoints that can handle that type of map we really need to get it added back in.  Especially the massive tiles of the asteroid.

2 hours ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

I think I remember that. You could get up via a sort of spiral ramp, right?

God, memories.

EDIT: That level up sound and in-level music...maaaan I miss those!

Edited by Magneu

13 hours ago, NinthAria said:

Funny story: After Chains of Harrow dropped, I started seeing a room in Corpus ship tilesets I haven't seen in a long, long time. Specifically the big, open, square-ish room with the raised platform in the middle and the catwalk running along the perimeter of the room. At first I thought it was just part of the quest, but...nope, started seeing it in normal missions too. Really took me back.

Would be nice to see some of those old rooms come back--with a bit of remastering, of course. I used to love jumping down from the top of the elevator in the room the OP mentioned.

On the "Phobos" now Mars tileset in Update 19 they reintroduced some of older tiles of deadends, I hope they do that for all the tilesets.

13 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

basically i want DE to bring back ALL of the old tiles that they have removed

there should be a policy of never removing an old tile from the rotation but instead only temporarily take them down if they absolutely need to be reworked, but then make them work with the current build and all the markers for the new mobility and AI and whatnot and PUT THEM BACK IN THE GAME 

several long/tile grineer asteroid tiles

both of the unique corpus/grineer ships VIP/capture room tiles

some MD tiles, and some endless defense tiles

many orokin tiles, fwiw many of these have been reworked, but this is the point, i want this kind of effort shown for ALL tiles, not just for this one particular tileset...

DE PLZ

there are at least a dozen old tiles that i can remember and think of fondly that are no longer in the game, and their removal just makes the RNG tile generator that much more monotonous and boring =/ taking more and more tiles out even when you add new ones in is like a net zero gain, i dont understand why DE doesnt get this, they are not improving or increasing the variety, they are just changing it, but unless the numbers of tiles continues to increase, the monotony will still be present... =/

I remember the old mobiledefense  room on the asteroid tileset. Here are some photos of it. 5uNYYxt.png dJRmfgk.png