Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Onyx Guarrd said:

I'm just glad nothing was "leaked" this time around. Everyone could actually be hyped!

The best part is that they done it under no hype being built, it was entirely secretive until now. They've pulled it off.

I don't know if anyone else was sad when they reveled deploying archwing on planet. Up until that point I was sure that open world would mean vehicles and mounts! Kubrows/Kavats large enough to ride, stolen rideable bursas that Nef Anyo hinted at, but no, twas not to be.

Maybe we'll see 50 player archwing racing or something.

Yeah, I've been on one of my occasional breaks from the game, playing other games, and this open world stuff has me mega hyped.  I was agog at the video and the concepts.  Loving the fleshing-out of the game world.  

I think the game is developing organically into a tremendous game that's more like a full-on MMORPG with more of a persistent world feel - and it really deserves that, because the devs have worked hard for it, and the players have supported the game all the way.

DE really are a great team.  Well played guys.

This will be amazing. There is really only one thing i can hope for though... that we can still set ourselves to solo for the free roam part. I very much would like to not have to load in a thousand other people or frames if i want to fish or hunt or explore. 

33 minutes ago, JohnCarraway said:

Well,what you say I've there is what I fear. Alot of people will stay in that map xD . And will not play let's say Mars.

Well the thing is people who are in end game already have everything they need from running other planets and missions, what they need to focus on is new content so Planes of Eidolon will be the main focus for players who currently have everything they need from the star chart.

The current system doesn't have to be affected at all.  It looks like their long-term plan is to turn the game into something more like a "proper" MMO with more of a persistent world feel, and that's great, just what the doctor ordered.  

But they don't have to drop the current peer-to-peer mission system in order to do that - current Warframe would be more like your "bread and butter" missions that you can jump into for quick play sessions, with the open world stuff being more for longer play sessions and more of a sense of immersion in the virtual world and lore of the game.  I'm sure now that they have the tech in place, we'll see more big zones in the future.

I could see DE having more servers, but that would only be a good thing for the current system, as the peer-to-peer system served the game well in its early stages, but has always been a little bit janky. Missions could only be benefited by being run on dedicated servers, like instanced missions in any other MMO.

1 minute ago, Levirei said:

see people? seeing "leaks" kills the hype

Plains of Eidolon is a pure hype rather than Umbra to be freaking honest.

Well, depending on what is being leaked. If it's something like Umbra then it's not really worth building hype for, Plains of Eidolon is considering the sheer volumes of information which was revealed. Events and announcements like these don't deserve to be leaked and DE did a very good job to make sure it didn't - minor things should be leaked though.

24 minutes ago, Synpai said:

(Might as well change the title to, "Plains of Eidolon questions")

the title is kinda a ref to after we fishing ... err ... hit the fish with a speargun at 28:14 in the vid, and kind of the word-play for my final question. But yeah, the original title was something like u suggested until i changed it to that after i get depressed at the end.

What i fear the most is ... this look too much like some other game like, Horizon:Zero Dawn for example, and that there was no concrete guarantee in DE history where they say what would happen when things out of beta. (well ... there is, but that reddit post is kinda like delete all acc is not out of option, way back before update 10)

Also, MR30 is kind of a unspoken soft-limit in the game for "hey, that's all the content we have" in gears term 

Edited by FireSegment

I haven't been able to play this game regularly since update 13 or 14 (joined during update 9, and have over 700 hours invested during that time period). That may be about to change. I am an avid Destiny fan and I just finished the story for Metal Gear Solid V, so I am perfectly set to sink my teeth into this new update. It's amazing how much creative freedom DE has with Warframe. I would NEVER expect such a drastic (and much needed) addition to a game from any other developer.

HYPE!!!!!

edit: Let them delay all they want. The more polish it has, the better.

Edited by Legion-Shields

I'm really looking forward to making my own weapon (especially since I imagine we'll be getting more weapon parts by the time the update drops), but there are two things that honestly worry me:

1. The weapon stats being tied to the parts you use. I understand DE has to generate their stats somehow, and of course something with a point won't slash nearly as much as a blade, but am I the only one who fears we'll just see the same weapon with a different name multiple times since it seems to be more "build for the most meta stats" and less "build with the parts you want"? I wish it worked more like choosing the parts to make what the weapon looks like, then choose the stats so it looks how you want and fits your play style (though there'd obviously have to be limits on how you can build your stats so we can't make weapons dealing thousands of damage at base with 100% stat and crit chance with a 10x multiplier and a 10.0 attack speed).
  2. How much of it will be free, and how much of it will be a plat sink? This is honestly the part that worries me the most, 'cause if we need to purchase parts with plat, Warframe will be dangerously close to P2W and more than likely leave a bad taste in many players' mouths. Yes, we can trade for plat, but that isn't always an option for everyone and shouldn't be considered a solution, so this honestly worries me far more than my first point. I hope there's a way we can unlock the different parts while having the option to purchase the parts for plat with a pack to unlock all the parts at once.

yeah like people said. this was pure hype. The buildup was also great,

they started it out as a Relay like area on earth and that looked a bit dissapointing. then they did a seemingly big reveal. modular weapons! They continued and there was this one guy that gave a quest so neat there is questing involved. but then the doors. Now that was a big reveal like I have not seen in quite a while. they did good.

Props to DE having a dedicated team who can keep this in doors.

Just now, Airwolfen said:

yeah like people said. this was pure hype. The buildup was also great,

they started it out as a Relay like area on earth and that looked a bit dissapointing. then they did a seemingly big reveal. modular weapons! They continued and there was this one guy that gave a quest so neat there is questing involved. but then the doors. Now that was a big reveal like I have not seen in quite a while. they did good.

Props to DE having a dedicated team who can keep this in doors.

especially when steve said "not returning to ship"